Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » 99 obd2 contnector - diagnostic issues

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 99 obd2 contnector - diagnostic issues
jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am trying to clear the check engine light on my 99. I have done a visual under the dash and don't see anything unplugged or damaged. I tried this unit on another vehicle and the tester works ok, but apprears to have no signal to the factory ecu. Is there a fuse or relay missing? Any ideas?

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Matt,

Check the 10A "Room" fuse. If it's blown or missing your OBDII port won't work.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

jensen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jensen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan,

Thanks! It was as simple as double-checking the fuse, "room" fuse was it!

--------------------
Matt Jensen
SCCA SM Cen-Div
MC NASA 68

Viet-Tam Luu
Slow

Region: San Francisco Region
Car #: 14
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Viet-Tam Luu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Without a cat, your CEL will come back on. Remove the bulb if it bothers you. It's still worth checking the ECU for other codes once in a while, though.

--------------------
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA #14 ITS
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Viet-Tam Luu:
Without a cat, your CEL will come back on. Remove the bulb if it bothers you. It's still worth checking the ECU for other codes once in a while, though.

My CEL works normally on my 99. I just mounted the rear O2 sensor in the trunk (grounded to the roll cage) and the CEL turns on at startup and never turns on thereafter. It has an internal heater, so you need to make sure to not mount it near any wiring or anything that shouldn't get hot (ie. fuel lines) [flamed]

Jensen... I'm glad the fuse worked for you. Every once in a while we get an easy one, eh?

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: