Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Rocky Mountain » SM Clinic at Miller Motorsports Park

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SM Clinic at Miller Motorsports Park
fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Spec Miata, not only the largest racing class in the country is also the largest racing class in Utah!
Long time Spec Miata driver and the Director of the MMP schools Dan McKeever has a special affinity for these cars and the class as a whole and would like to put on a free clinic for SM drivers!

Below are some highlights of what would be covered:

· General concepts (SM specific)

· MMP lines

· Race starts

· Race strategy

The date will be Friday August 7th, 4:30 p.m. at MMP.
Meet in the school classroom in the welcome center and plan on being there a little early so that we can start on time. We'll take as much time as needed to ensure you've got as much information as possible.

I'll bring some beer, if the rest of you would bring a few bucks to chip in on a pizza to keep us all fed. If someone else wants to bring some sodas that would be appreciated as well.

If you're looking to drop your lap times, or are interested in getting involved with some of the closest racing around this free clinic shouldn't be missed. Please bring something to take notes with as you're not going to want to forget any of this!

Please drop me a line in advance so that we can plan accordingly and give Dan an early head count.

-Jon
801-634-2971

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jon;
Any chance you could video tape the seminar and post for us that can't attend ? I'll be there next month and would appreciate all the help I can get.
Bruce P.

fastbrewer

Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't think we'll be able to video.
However the locals round these parts are known to be pretty friendly. Look one of us up for some of the practice sessions and we can help get you acclimated .

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by fastbrewer:
However the locals round these parts are known to be pretty friendly. Look one of us up for some of the practice sessions and we can help get you acclimated .

Ditto'd and a few of them (not me) are fast too!

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

bpigpen

Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jon or Dave,
Who's the big guy that's Bald or shaves his head and works on motorhomes ? he's from your area and was at miller. I need to talk to him and forgot his name.(too many double IPA's). If their could be such a thing.
Thanks for your help.
Bruce Pendleton
510-258-2297

Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Clark Dodson, Regent Street Service 801-487-6077

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

bpigpen

Thanks Tyler;
Have you had to get a bigger helmet to keep up with your legend. you really had everybody rollin' all week. I can't wait to party/race with you guys again.
Bruce (the only guy not to get a lap dance!)

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by bpigpen:
Thanks Tyler;
Have you had to get a bigger helmet to keep up with your legend. you really had everybody rollin' all week. I can't wait to party/race with you guys again.
Bruce (the only guy not to get a lap dance!)

He hasn't gotten a bigger helmet, but we all wish he'd get a bigger race suit.

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: