Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Brake Pedal Pressure

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Brake Pedal Pressure
Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know roughly how much pedal pressure is required on an SM pedal at threshold. Surely some of you data junkies have that info?

Thanks!

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Seabee

Region: NER
Car #: 61
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Seabee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a sensor on my front brakes. Don't have thresold numbers but 650 to 700 psi seems to get the job done.

--------------------
Steve

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The pressure on the pedal itself is going to pretty much depend on a lot of things like the track surface, the pads, and how quickly you load up the pedal.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Seabee:
I have a sensor on my front brakes. Don't have thresold numbers but 650 to 700 psi seems to get the job done.

Steve, is that pressure in the lines?

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Region: Northwest
Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I do not know actual pedal pressure but on a 1.6 with Carbotechs, we seen appx 700psi line pressure as well in hard straight line braking areas, less in trail braking, much higher in panic situations!

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

Seabee

Region: NER
Car #: 61
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Seabee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Colin,

As Roger stated that is line pressure.

I would have to do some math to try and calulate how much foot pressure that is.

And that is with Hawk Blue pads.

--------------------
Steve

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: