Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Replacing rear sub frame

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Replacing rear sub frame
omg

Region: washington
Year : 1990 sm 1990 ssm 2007 MX5 Cup
Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Need to replace my rear sub frame on my 1990 Miata.
Any techniques I should know about that will make the job easier. With the rear sub frame removed I assume now would be the time to change out my gas tank? Thanks for your help.

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

David, why change out the tank? No big issues changing the rear sub, just PB blast a week or so before you attempt. Make sure you have the car aligned after. Also the RR lower control arm bolt is probably BENT. It will have to be cut out with a 4" side grinder. No big deal just a PIA.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

omg

Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn thanks very much i will have an exp mechanic helping me i appreciate your tips very much. Thanks for all you did for me over the past year.

omg

Concerning the tank I was told by the previous owner it was really in bad shape, all kinds of crud on the inside. Will take a look at the inside myself and see.

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Easy to look at just remove the cover and the fuel pump and look inside. Sorry things did not work out. Best of luck on future endorsers.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: