Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2010 WOR Games - Mid-Ohio Oct 15-17

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 2010 WOR Games - Mid-Ohio Oct 15-17
jtsuhr

Region: Western Ohio
Car #: 96
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jtsuhr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Registration is open for 2010 WOR games at Mid-Ohio at www.motorsportreg.com [cheerful]

Format Change for this year:

- PDX: Friday, October 15
- 8 Hour Enduro, Saturday, October 16
- Double Regional (restricted): Sunday, October 17

Grid for the enduro is set by registration date.
SM grouped with SRF and ITC for the Sunday Races.

Lots of potential track time to end the season!

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

Tefkatt

Region: Cincinnati
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by jtsuhr:
Registration is open for 2010 WOR games at Mid-Ohio at www.motorsportreg.com [cheerful]

Format Change for this year:

- PDX: Friday, October 15
- 8 Hour Enduro, Saturday, October 16
- Double Regional (restricted): Sunday, October 17

Grid for the enduro is set by registration date.
SM grouped with SRF and ITC for the Sunday Races.

Lots of potential track time to end the season!

Cincy Region with an assist. Direct link to registration is:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.adv...526-0B9E-1E1448A2290F9C65

Friday PDX: $210

Saturday Enduro $950 Entry Fee:

Eligible Classes:- AS, ITR, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITS, SSB, SSC, SM, SRF, SPO, SPU, STO, STU, T1, T2, T3. SM & SRF

Sunday Dbl. Restricted Classes $200 entry fee

Group 1: F500, FV, FST, CFF, FF
Group 2: FC. CFC., S2000, FM, FS, FB, FE
Group 3: SRF, SM, ITC
Group 4: ITA, ITB, ITS, ITR, ITE, IT7, SSB, SSC

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

$950 for the enduro. Are enduros usually that expensive or is this a typo?

jtsuhr

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jtsuhr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for assist!

The enduro price is correct . . . They are typically in that ballpark depending on the race length and venue.

- Jim

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

On the one hand, I applaud the effort to try something different. On the other hand we may be on a edge of a double dip recession. Timing is everything in life. I can't afford the $950. I'll think hard about the Sunday races though.

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And 2 weeks after the Nelson 12 hour????

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

jtsuhr

Isn't the 12Hr at Nelson this weekend (8/20-21)?

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, and there is the whole month of September between now & October.... Charlie's calendar must be missing that!! [duck]

$950 is cheaper than a typical LeMons or Chumpcar TEAM entry, but pricier than the 12 hours. I'd say the price is about right for the tracktime & venue. [twocents]

Eric

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Read the Supps carefully. I thought I saw something about $50 off for early entries. Divided by 3 drivers gives your normal cost for Mid-Ohio and probably more track time. At least that is how I look at it. And if you compare it to the cost per hour for some of those great tracks in the North-East, it's a bargin. Now if only I had an old beater car....something that could run in say ITC or STU.....

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerry,

Gotta get an ITC.... being a restricted regional, I don't remember seeing the STU listed....

I'll be watching the next two Fastracks with baited breath. [Big Grin]

E

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Erik,

I just looked at the Supps again. STU is allowed in the 8-hour Enduro on Saturday, but not the Double-Regional on Sunday.

The way I read the Enduro Supps, it sounds like if you pay the full registration when you send in your "Intend To Run", the registration is just $900. I may be mis-reading something so I would check before going with my read. Any clarification Jim?

Jerry

--------------------

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:
On the one hand, I applaud the effort to try something different. On the other hand we may be on a edge of a double dip recession. Timing is everything in life. I can't afford the $950. I'll think hard about the Sunday races though.

I think the 8hr enduro is a great idea! I'd be all about it if it wasn't an 8 hour enduro for me just to get there.

Cutler... I'd bet you could round up Thompson, Berchin, Johnson and/or maybe even Scheuing and run it for under $300 each. That'd be a blast!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Tiley:
quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:

I think the 8hr enduro is a great idea! I'd be all about it if it wasn't an 8 hour enduro for me just to get there.

Cutler... I'd bet you could round up Thompson, Berchin, Johnson and/or maybe even Scheuing and run it for under $300 each. That'd be a blast!

It would be fun but I doubt that we could pull it together as I think everyone is weary of running each other's car.

jtsuhr

Jerry,
I'll need to check with Eric and Steve, but I think the way the supps ended up be approved was that the intent-to-run saves a spot on the enduro grid prior to the full entry being due in later September. Submitting the intent costs $100 up front, but applies toward the full entry fee and provides a $50 discount off the full fee (so total $900). The $100 is fully refundable if the entry is cancelled.

Cheers,
Jim

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

jtsuhr

The enduro intent to run form is located at: http://www.wor-games.com/docs/2010/WORGamesIntentForm.pdf It applies for submissions prior to September 1st and is fully refundable prior to September 1st. It does knock $50 off the entry fee and reserve a spot in the race. Actual grid position is determined by receipt of the full entry.

Cheers,
Jim

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

jtsuhr

Five SM For the regionals as of today . . . Great opportunity to use up the tires before winter!

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

jtsuhr

Hey Guys - Online registration is open through the 12th.

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any reports?

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny:
Great competition in both races Sunday. Race #1 saw Chris Willians on the pole with Dave Heckler in P2, Deerwester in P3.

In race #1 our respective staged positions were P3, P5 and P6 (because of SRF's in the mix). At the start Williams got out fast while Hecker and I worked together (behind the smurfs) to catch up, but really never did. I took P2 from Dave in lap three and held it to the checker at lap 18. Williams won by 1.7 seconds.

We staged for race #2 based on the first race finish. At the start of #2, I was forced to the left by a SRF and had to use the pit entry lane to escape (but ended up in P1 at the chicane). I held that position until I was forced off line in T1 by (what else) a SRF and Heckler brilliantly swooped from P3 to the lead and held it to the checker. The internval between P1 and was a tenth of so in total. So the finishing positions were:

Race #1
Chris Williams
Rick Deerwester
Dave Heckler

Race #2
Dave Heckler
Rick Deerwester
Chris Williams

Rick

P.S. WOR did a great job keeping the schedule flowing smoothly!

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Rick. Congrats on what looks like a consecutive Great Lakes Regional Championship!
-Denny

Denny,

Don't give the Championship to Rick yet. Remember, I'm the Division Points Keeper and it will take me a couple days to err... post the points, yeah that's it, once I receive the official results.

Jerry

--------------------

Actually, based on the SM results I received, and some quick cipherin', but without official results yet, the 2010 GLD Regional Championship Series in SM looks like:

1 Rick Deerwester 73
2 David Scott 43
3 John Guthrie 42
4 Keith Hamilton 41
5 John Scheuing 40
6 Jerry Cabe 39
7 Bob Kucera 38
8 Dan Ruggiero 36
9 Dave Hechler 33
10 AJ Roderick 30
14 Dennis Mathias 26

Expect the Official Season results to be posted toward the end of this week on the GLD Website. Congrats to all that competed in 2010. We had 50 division competitors in the series this year, and you can see that things were pretty tight (except for one).

Jerry

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerry:
I dunno. Knowing just how sharp your ciphering pencil is, I won't feel really secure about the championship until I see it posted on the Great Lakes site. I think I'll wait a few days to update my avatar with '10!
Rick

--------------------

Did a 'National' guy sneek into your cipherin? [Big Grin]

According to the Champ Series Rules, National drivers count in the results, and can accumulate points, they just cannot receive trophies if they accumulate more than 13 Nat'l points, or attend the Runoffs. I've always thought this was odd, but them's the rules. But, as R-G says, "We can change if we have to", or if given enough reason.

Jerry

--------------------

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rick,it was a good race to watch from 4th.I would have been up there with you guy's but I was trying a new align.setup.I will share it with you so you don't waist your time trying it.

It's called self adjusting rear camber and toe,all you need is a couple broken eccentric's bolts and your set.Boy the car does some real fun stuff when you use this setup! [banghead]

I got left behind in the second race on the start when you's got around 1 SRF driver.By the time he got up to speed you's had a 1/2 the straight away on me.

Had a lot of fun though meeting a couple guy's from NASA.My brother Ron,Kyle,and Jet had a great battle for 4th,5th,and 6th. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
Did a 'National' guy sneek into your cipherin? [Big Grin]

What this wasn't a National? [blush]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

jtsuhr

Thanks to everyone for attending and the great races. Now I just need catch up tp you guys [Smile]

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

quote:
Originally posted by B(Kuch) Kucera 45:
Rick,it was a good race to watch from 4th.I would have been up there with you guy's but I was trying a new align.setup.I will share it with you so you don't waist your time trying it.

It's called self adjusting rear camber and toe,all you need is a couple broken eccentric's bolts and your set.Boy the car does some real fun stuff when you use this setup! [banghead]

I got left behind in the second race on the start when you's got around 1 SRF driver.By the time he got up to speed you's had a 1/2 the straight away on me.

Had a lot of fun though meeting a couple guy's from NASA.My brother Ron,Kyle,and Jet had a great battle for 4th,5th,and 6th. [thumbsup]

Kutch:
My "spotter" (who mascarades as my bride) told me about the battle you guys had going on for position. It sounded exciting. At the same time we had a real touch and go situation in the first three spots. Kinda rare to have two bunches of SM's creating excitement all through the race.

As for the self adjusting camber issue, thanks for doing the testing so I don't get tempted!
Rick

--------------------

Ok,

Year End Results for the Great Lakes Division Regional Championship Series are posted on the website, http://www.greatlakes-scca.org . In SM, congrats to Rick and the other 49 competitors. The other top podium spots were very close. This series represents a lot of hard work and time invested in what we love to do (no, not drinking beer).

I'll get you next year. Kutch gave me a secret suspension setup.

Jerry

--------------------

Jerry:
My thanks - along with those of the other 48 Spec Miata racers (and all the other classes) in the Great Lakes Division points competition. Your effors are genuinely appreciated.
Rick
P.S. What many here don't know is that in addition to running a full SM schedule, Jerry works at at least an many events as he races (probably more) (to include the Runoffs). IMHO, he embodies everything good about the SCCA.

--------------------

Thanks Rick - Just feeding my addictions.

Jerry

--------------------

AJ Roderick

Region: Neoh
Car #: 56
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AJ Roderick   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Heres my onboard from the race.

http://vimeo.com/16015210

--------------------
AJ Roderick
http://www.ajroderick.com
aroderick56@gmail.com

guthrie 21

Region: 29
Car #: 21
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guthrie 21     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congradulations Rick

The Great Lakes Division Points King

My Hero [thumbsup]

SM 21

jtsuhr

quote:
Originally posted by AJ Roderick:
Heres my onboard from the race.

http://vimeo.com/16015210

Thanks - Nice view of the race

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

quote:
Originally posted by guthrie 21:
Congradulations Rick

The Great Lakes Division Points King

My Hero [thumbsup]

SM 21

No way dude. You are my inspiration!
Rick

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: