This is topic Discussion: Regional Forums at Mazdaracers.com in forum Spec Miata at Spec Miata Community.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://forum.specmiata.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/5010.html

Posted by Mike (Member # 4) on :

As MazdaRacers.com is open to a much wider audience we are tinkering with Non-Sanctioning body affiliated Regions.

What suggestions do you have for the names of regional forums that would still fit with any/all sanctioning bodies ?

No brainers would be;

North-East
South-East
North-West
South-West
Mid-West

/Discuss

Posted by B Wilson (Member # 606) on :

I support combining North Pacific and San Francisco regions. There's a lot more crossover racing now than in the past. And hoping to have more in the future.

-bw

Posted by Pat Newton (Member # 521) on :

A combined forum would make for more crossover smack talk too, and that's really what it's all about. :-)

Posted by Teamfour (Member # 6000) on :

Good idea, but I would suggest finding a way to put the SCCA and NASA regions as subtitles (not forum areas) to each region area. It gets confusing in some areas; is Louisiana area racing in the midwest, southeast, or southwest?

Posted by spdmonkey (Member # 333) on :

Hey as long as I can still be a mod i don't care what we call them. I like great lakes though as a differentiation from midwest otherwise there is such a big area to cover.

Dave Brown

Posted by Sean Allen (Member # 3800) on :

Ditto what Bruce said, I'm fine with combining NP and SFR.

OK, the way this was supposed to work was someone was supposed to create their ideal list.

The the next guy was supposed to quote him and make his adjustments...

... ad nauseam until there was a consensus reached as the to the least amount of regional forums necessary to cover all club racing sanctioning bodies.

If I create the 6 area NASA has will it work equally well for the SCCA members while generating more topics in the thinner central regions.

So Im thinking along the lines of;

Northeast
Southeast
Central
Midwest
Northwest
Southwest

Posted by Sean Allen (Member # 3800) on :

That would probably work fine. Maybe in the description, put which regions they are suppose to include. Just in case people arent sure..

Ex. Northwest (SCCA SFR, NW, NP Div, NASA Norcal) or something on those lines... Not actual sub forums, just in the description on the main page.

Posted by Funracer (Member # 17261) on :

"So Im thinking along the lines of;

Northeast
Southeast
Central
Midwest
Northwest
Southwest"

I would go with North Central and South Central
just for consistancy.

Rgds

Anyone feel like correlating the Sanctioning bodies and letting me know which Regional forum would cover which sanctioning bodies regions/divisions ?

Thanks

Posted by B Wilson (Member # 606) on :

Northwest
SCCA SFR, OR, NW, NP Div, NASA Norcal, ICSCC