This is topic OVR Sprints - Mid Ohio - Oct 9 & 10 in forum SCCA Great Lakes at Spec Miata Community.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://forum.specmiata.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/41/131.html

Posted by Motor City Hamilton (Member # 13046) on :

Eight SM entries so far.

5 Scott, David
10 Cabe, Jerry
21 Guthrie, John
39 Ruggiero, Daniel
51 Hamilton, Keith
60 Deerwester, Rick
73 Oesterle, Dale
88 Mathias, Debra

I don't think I see any white Miatas in the field, so we shouldn't expect any roll-overs that weekend.

Also, probably the last run on my old out-dated suspension. [Smile]

Posted by Dave Metz (Member # 15474) on :

Anyone know how many SMs showed up? Couldn't make today, may try tomorrow.

Posted by WhatsThatNoise (Member # 13114) on :

You folks were the best group I've run with this year...
Sorry about the FCY

Nice to race with people who are used to running close.
Thanks for not squishing any smurfs [Wink]

Posted by Qik Nip (Member # 1474) on :

WTN:
The SMF group (23 cars) was the best I saw this season. Lots of cooperation with little or no inter class competition. Every SRF I came across ran his line, but didn't impede my progress.

Dave:
We ended up with thirteen SM's. I believe a total of 140 cars ran in all classes. Not a bad turnout for a late season race.

The SM racing was very close (and incident free) with a <1 second gap P2-P4 on Saturday and the same Sunday from P1 through P4!

OVR did a fine job of hosting the event.

Saturday finish:
Deerwester
Guthrie
Murdick

Sunday Finish:
Guthrie
Deerwester
Ruggerio

I did see a yellow rear Miata bumper sitting in the grass coming out of thunder valley, but my wife thought he did it himself and saw the bumper fall off as he was bouncing through the grass. Didn't actually see or hear what happened. Other than that, it was a pretty clean weekend.

quote:
Originally posted by Motor City Hamilton:
I did see a yellow rear Miata bumper sitting in the grass coming out of thunder valley, but my wife thought he did it himself and saw the bumper fall off as he was bouncing through the grass. Didn't actually see or hear what happened. Other than that, it was a pretty clean weekend.

If it was the yellow SM I noticed in grid, it was already pretty well damaged. It looked as though someone had built a pretty serious bonfire directly behind it at some point. It was seriously distorted / blistered.
Rick

SRF crash Saturday that brought out FCY...

http://vimeo.com/15699200

(My Brother Aaron was driving the camera car)

WTN:
I heard that the driver who was T-boned was suffering fom back pain, Any update on his condition?
Rick

Posted by d mathias (Member # 343) on :

Damn that was ugly. Hope all drivers are OK.

Yellow SM overcooked the left-hand kink before the carousel all by himself on the first or second lap of the enduro and took a ride through the grass - bumper departing. I noticed blistered paint on grid Saturday am.

Both drivers are fine...

Aaron's back was sore the next day & Stu had bruse on his left hip...

Not bad for the impact speed.

Just went to Mylaps and noticed that Saturday is posted twice. No Sunday data at all.
Rick

Posted by Dave Metz (Member # 15474) on :

Keith, thanks for all the info last weekend. Sorry to see your spin. Just a very light touch at the exact wrong time - easy to do. I couldn't tell you how times I have seen that happen in that exact spot over the years. Headed to Georgia in morning to pick up my donor. Hopefully I'll see you guys at some races next year if the money holds out for my build. I'm still not quite convinced on the whole green paint being faster... Have to do some more research before my paint!

Thanks Dave. Good luck on your build. And I still hold firm that obnoxious green paint is 1 second per lap faster.