Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Gear oil filling; there has to be a better way

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Gear oil filling; there has to be a better way
Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just spent more time filling my differential and tranny with their respective oils than it had just taken to swap a rebuilt diff in.

I have always hated that game, but now I'm terminally disgusted.

I have bought every type of POS pump they sell at the various car parts stores. They all suck in one or more ways. Principally, I find that I'm horribly handicapped, having as I do only two hands, when the process typically requires four--one for each hose, to hold it in its receptacle; one to hold the pump body, and one to pump. I always end up with more oil on me and the floor than where they belong. My favorite might be when the hoses come detached from the pump body, spewing stinky oil everywhere.

Is there anything out there that actually works, or is this just the way it is?

Thanks....

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I bought a cheap pump that doesn't fit the top the the Redline bottles. I took an empty bottle and cut it down so it fits better. I then just pour the new fluid in. I have to admit, I pretty much plan on getting fluid all over me and the garage floor every time I change it. I have gotten better though.

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

Mark Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Find one of those funnel/dispenser devices, usually 1-2 qt size that have a lid and valve at the nozzle. Pep Boys or OReilly's usually have these around the funnels and other oil change gear. Attach a length of plastic tubing to the end long enough to reach the diff and/or trans from your preferred fill location. Fab up a hanger with some scrap wire or a coat hanger. Make sure the OD of the plastic tube will fit in the fill hole and allow some room for air to vent. Fill the dispenser with the amount of fluid needed. Hang the dispenser in a location somewhere above the fill hole. Place a drain pan underneath the car to catch whatever fluid escapes. Open valve.

For the diff I hang the dispenser from the open trunk lid and run the tube through one of the trunk drain holes down to the diff fill hole.

When filling the trans I hang the dispenser from the open hood and snake the tube down the exhaust side.

When done I hose everything off with brake cleaner and jam it in a large ziplock bag for the next time. I used to try and use one of those pumps but like you I found all kinds of ways to cover myself and everything around me in oil.

--------------------
Mark
http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use a giant $7 syringe from NAPA. Takes 4-5 tubes to fill the tranny. Or get a bottle with a tapered cap (like Royal Purple gear lube bottles) and attach a flexible hose to it. Fill the bottle with your snake oil of choice and squeeze the bottle/fluid into the desired recepticle.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm cheap but having coated myself in gear oil one too many times and knowing nothing will get the smell of that crap out of your grubbies...

Jack up the fill side of the car so you can actually get all the oil in before it dribbles out all over you.

I use a pretty cheap pump (less than $10 at any auto parts store), but worm drive hose clamps are on all the connections (now) so the hoses don't pop off and blow gear oil all over the place. Found that out the hard way.

It takes me about 5 mins and I might get a couple drops of oil on the floor when I pull the fill tube out of the trans and forget a drip pan. The pump goes in a big zip lock bag when I'm done so I don't contaminate everything else I own. (Just checked...I guess the Autozone fluid transfer pump is up to $15. Not having gear oil in your armpit...priveless.)

I've seen about a dozen methods people swear by but it can be done without major trauma. Hell, Mark...I'll demonstrate for you. Might just be technique. We just need a car that needs trans oil since it sounds like you and I both have fresh oil.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Pack Fodder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CP:
Or get a bottle with a tapered cap (like Royal Purple gear lube bottles) and attach a flexible hose to it. Fill the bottle with your snake oil of choice and squeeze the bottle/fluid into the desired recepticle.

You obviously haven't had the hose pop off the cap using that method and drowned yourself in foul smelling oil.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

John the Impaler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Finger Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John the Impaler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

"Gravity is a cruel mistress" - The Tick, circa 1990-something

Run a hose down thru the engine compartment, and into the trans fill hole. Stick a funnel, or an eviscerated jug, into the hose in the engine compartment. Add a quart...go have a beer. Add another quart...go have another beer. Notice a theme here ?

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use a $15 pump that doesn't fit redline bottles, but does fit some other bottle I have. I dump the redline in it and pump it in.

I have used John's method and do have a funnel and hose setup. It balances on the brake master and drains nicely.

A cheap way to keep the hose in the trans or diff is to attach a wire tie a few inches from the end of the hose, then trim all but an inch off the tie. It makes a flexible thing that catches on the inside nicely, and isn't too hard to get out.

Or fill the diff before you put it in.... [Big Grin]

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
Jack up the fill side of the car so you can actually get all the oil in before it dribbles out all over you.

The tranny and diff are full when the fluid starts dribbling out when the car is on level ground. So jacking up the fill side would cause you to overfill.

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Dave Lewis

Region: detroit
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Lewis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Gibscreen:
quote:

The tranny and diff are full when the fluid starts dribbling out when the car is on level ground. So jacking up the fill side would cause you to overfill.
By about as much as it would take for you to not worry about it [duck]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We use a pump that has the same thread pitch and size as the Swepco 1 gallon container and the output goes to a barbed nozzle. We used to have problems with the hose popping off the pump but that was just when had too short a hose.

We did a very slow fill the first time and counted the number of pumps and recorded it. Now once we get to the last pump we pump very slowly and just watch for the dribble. We only get a few drips which end up in the catch pan. It takes a little patience on that last pump but filling still only takes a few mins for the diff and maybe 5 for the tranny.

Sometimes you have to go slow to go fast.

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2008/2009 WERC Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lewis:
quote:
Originally posted by Gibscreen:
quote:

By about as much as it would take for you to not worry about it [duck]
It may only be a little bit but every little bit causes additional parasitic losses. Dammit, now I'm going to have to start experimenting with different fluid levels on the dyno!

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2008/2009 WERC Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Region: Oregon
Car #: 00
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CP:
I use a giant $7 syringe from NAPA. Takes 4-5 tubes to fill the tranny. Or get a bottle with a tapered cap (like Royal Purple gear lube bottles) and attach a flexible hose to it. Fill the bottle with your snake oil of choice and squeeze the bottle/fluid into the desired recepticle.

I bought one of those giant metal syringe's at Shucks Auto Parts. It's so easy compared to the pumps. I no longer hate changing gear lube.

Tom

Jay Lutz

Region: Indy
Car #: 33
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

For the transmission.....How about removing the shifter in the cockpit and filling with an ordinary funnel? That's they way I did it on my H production sprite and I'm guessing that would work here as well. Thanks, Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I saw this guy at the track do his dif and tranny in a about 20mins with this and his cordless drill. $6.95 plus some fitting for a 1/2" hose.
http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Materials-Plumbi...eId=10051&catalogId=10053
J~

Link doesn't go anywhere.

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2008/2009 WERC Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Pack Fodder

The cordless drill attachments work pretty well. That was my next plan if my el-cheapo pump didn't work but it did. Pouring down a tube through the shifter hole works. I like the idea of propping the funnel on the master cylinder and getting a beer though. It's a slow process using gravity. The beer comes in handy.

I don't know about the parasitic drag thing. I would envision that the oil is getting flung around everywhere by the spinning gears so in motion I don't know there's a real "fluid level". I don't know my way around the inside of trans too well though.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I like the syringe idea; simple and fairly quick. I'll buy one of those and give it a shot, if I can find the syringe (local Schuck's guy looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language when I asked today).

One little trick I have found useful is to warm up the oil before doing the transfusion, by putting the jug in warm water. This stuff at 90 degrees or more is far thinner than this stuff at 45 degrees.

John@P1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Metro NY
Car #: 09
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John@P1   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use a garden sprayer. Work great. The wand reaches the fill hole from the side of the car with no issues.

Like this:

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/images/hudson2.jpg

--------------------
John C. Kuitwaard
Team Principal/Driver
www.P1-MotorSports.com
www.Owater.com
www.AlexsLemonade.org

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry I posted this in Oct and just did a cut and paste, try this.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet...3&storeId=10051&langId=-1

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I happen to have the box the syringe came in. It's made by Alltrade Tools. Here's all of the info on it.

POWERBUILT
Suction Gun
part# 648756

sku# 2890715639

http://www.powerbuilttools.com

I think it was only $10

-Tom

Zauskycop Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zauskycop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Think you meant this link ;-)

http://www.alltradetools.com/EN-1757.htm

Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

--------------------
Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

quote:
Originally posted by Zauskycop:
Think you meant this link ;-)

http://www.alltradetools.com/EN-1757.htm

Tracy Ramsey
Team Blenderblaster

Yep, that's the web site and product. I posted the web site that was printed on the box.

Thanks for the correction.

Tom

jbenoit28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: CFR
Car #: 28
SMIM: .
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jbenoit28     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm going to miss the old way of using my feet and hands to work the pump and hold the bottles. My toe dexterity will surely suffer now. [Big Grin]

Joe

--------------------
What does this button do??

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've tried pretty much all the above methods before settling on the exact same technique (and tool) that Gibson uses. I have the pump (I think about $7 at Kragen) with the barb on the end of it that sits nicely and holds itself in the filler hole of both the tranny and diff. I also know the number of pumps and can sneak up on exactly the right amount before it dribbles over. [Almost] never make a mess anymore.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's another one:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/vehicle-maintenance-acces...16-oz-suction-gun-3951218

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just picked up one at O'Reilly's (sp?) Auto Parts which looks just like the one at alltradetools. Cost was $8.69 and it really looks like it will do the job. Suck up a pint of fluid, put your finger over the tubing to prevent fluid from running out as you position the tube and gently push the plunger.

Seems like it would be pretty easy as long as ambient temperature isn't near freezing...a small zip tie might be called for to snug up the tube over the whatchmacallit end!

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just use a plastic kerosene transfer pump I picked up at Home Depot. Can't go too fast due to the viscosity but it is almost dripless.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

NER88 Verified Driver

Region: ner
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NER88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I bought a gear oil pump for a 5 gal. bucket(about $35.)
You can either buy 5 gal.of gear oil or dump you quarts into a 5 gal. plastic bucket and pump it in.

--------------------
Jerry

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use a one gallon garden sprayer from Wal-Mart that I have fitted with a metal tire valve from NAPA: http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NTH90416_0215254685

This allows me to fill the tank with the right amount of oil, pressurize the tank with a little air, insert the nozzle (with the sprayer end removed) into the filler port, lock open the valve and go do something else. I can come back to install the plug when the fluid has all been expelled into the diff/trans.

The lip on the nozzle - with the sprayer cap removed - seams to catch the inside of the filler port and hold itself in-place nicely.

This is the best $10 I ever spent... no way I'd do it any other way...

MZ

Niklas Falk

Region: Sweden
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Niklas Falk   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Z-MAN:
This allows me to fill the tank with the right amount of oil, pressurize the tank with a little air, insert the nozzle (with the sprayer end removed) into the filler port, lock open the valve and go do something else. I can come back to install the plug when the fluid has all been expelled into the diff/trans.

Sounds like a nice and four-letter-word free method [Smile]
I normally attach a hose to the extended snout of the bottle (QS 85/140) and just pump the bottle (when turned upside down).
But my garage is unheated and I tend to change fluids when its just above freezing, so heating the oil before would help (I never have and get frustrated instead...).

Another take of the pressurized bottle could be a modified bottle cap. One tight hole for a hose (going from the bottom of the bottle to the trans/diff) and one valve (or hose with valve) for pressure. If you use the same oil over and over you just reuse the cap/hose/valve.
But don't blame me when you put 60psi in there and you fill the garage with a mist of oil. [Big Grin]

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
I use a one gallon garden sprayer from Wal-Mart that I have fitted with a metal tire valve from NAPA: http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NTH90416_0215254685

The lip on the nozzle - with the sprayer cap removed - seams to catch the inside of the filler port and hold itself in-place nicely.

MZ

+1

Been doing it this way for a while now. Works like a champ. Just make sure the one you get has a locking trigger, that way you can set it in the fill hole, squeeze trigger and lock, then go do something else.

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

John@P1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Metro NY
Car #: 09
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John@P1   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

MZ

As per my previous post this is the best method. I can do it without spilling a drop. I didn't bother with a valve, I just use the hand pump on top. My excercise for the day :-)

John

--------------------
John C. Kuitwaard
Team Principal/Driver
www.P1-MotorSports.com
www.Owater.com
www.AlexsLemonade.org

John Hammer Palazzolo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I'm not slow, I'm maximizing my track time!

Region: NASA SE
Year : '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Hammer Palazzolo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I went the shadetree route; I bought about 5 feet of PVC tubing (1/2"...eh, maybe 5/8"), attached a 90 degree elbow & another 4 or 5 inches from the elbow. I run it down the side of the trans from the engine compartment & insert the little side into the fill hole. Just squeeze the tapered tip quart bottles down the end of the tube & let gravity help. Takes a few minutes, but with a drain pan under the trans to catch the drips, I can do it without asking my wife to help out!

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

Automotive Event Facilitator
Performance Driving Instructor
JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

Charlie Williams Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: SSM 4
Year : 90, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie Williams     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Go simple: use a large conduit punch or hole saw, say 1" or 1.5" and punch a hole in your tunnel right where the plug is (which is right down near the corner of the foot well next to the accelerator pedal). Easy access! Just make sure to line it up so you can get a socket and extension through the hole. Then either use an aluminum plate or a removable flush conduit plug to fill the hole for fire protection. If you make the plate big enough, it will help you keep cool from exhaust pipe heat. This is a one time effort.

--------------------
CW
MARRS SSM 4

andrew_anderson
National Member

Region: SC region and buccaneer
Icon 1 posted  Profile for andrew_anderson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Lutz:
For the transmission.....How about removing the shifter in the cockpit and filling with an ordinary funnel? That's they way I did it on my H production sprite and I'm guessing that would work here as well. Thanks, Jay

This wont work on a Miata transmission.

I use a $5 pump from harbor freight. It takes a little time but works for me.

The only other option I would see working well is the pressurized lube tank.

--------------------
Dish NetworkNew Dish Network customers receive a $40 rebate if you are an SCCA member!
Race Engineering. Championship winning engines.
Carbotech Brakes
Panic Motorsports
Low Country Communications
2343 Main HWY
Bamberg, SC 29003

Veteran Member

I followed Tom's lead, and bought the huge syringe from NAPA. While I'll still have to be on my back under the car, it should only entail about 4 - 5 transfers for the tranny, and 2 for the differential, and I should only need the number of hands my mother supplied me with in order to accomplish that.

[Smile]

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark de Regt:
I followed Tom's lead, and bought the huge syringe from NAPA. While I'll still have to be on my back under the car, it should only entail about 4 - 5 transfers for the tranny, and 2 for the differential...

I picked up one of these a few weeks ago, it worked okay but still made a pretty good mess. I'll be changing it all again in 45-days, I bet works a little better.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John Hammer Palazzolo:
I went the shadetree route; I bought about 5 feet of PVC tubing (1/2"...eh, maybe 5/8"), attached a 90 degree elbow & another 4 or 5 inches from the elbow. I run it down the side of the trans from the engine compartment & insert the little side into the fill hole. Just squeeze the tapered tip quart bottles down the end of the tube & let gravity help. Takes a few minutes, but with a drain pan under the trans to catch the drips, I can do it without asking my wife to help out!

That is what we use and it is the best of all the ways that we have tried.

Got that idea from the Pirate #4 [thumbsup]

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Paul Champlin

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Paul Champlin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Williams:
Go simple: use a large conduit punch or hole saw, say 1" or 1.5" and punch a hole in your tunnel right where the plug is (which is right down near the corner of the foot well next to the accelerator pedal). Easy access! Just make sure to line it up so you can get a socket and extension through the hole. Then either use an aluminum plate or a removable flush conduit plug to fill the hole for fire protection. If you make the plate big enough, it will help you keep cool from exhaust pipe heat. This is a one time effort.

I agree with Charlie. Let gravity do the work. After completion just rivet a small plate over the hole and you're done. Simple. I wish it were that easy on my C6 Z06, but I can't just drill a hole anywhere I want in the Z cuz it has to be perdy.

Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Champlin:
I wish it were that easy on my C6 Z06, but I can't just drill a hole anywhere I want in the Z cuz it has to be perdy.

Paul

He Paul,

The reason I got the SuctionSyringe Pump was for my C6 Z06. That tranny takes almost 4 quarts of ATF that wants to leak out of every type of pump and can be a real PITA but the syringe made it easier.

BTW, what year is the Z06?

Tom

l8tbreakr

Region: NER
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

for years I have had an old microwave to warm it up and used a funnel with a valve and long hose that I just snake through the engine compartment or around the rear wheel (bmw) to the diff. Not bad, cheap. Was getting rid of the mic anyway cuz of broken handle. I might check into that pressure pump idea though - $10 experiment on a Saturday.

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Todd Greene Made Donation to Website

Region: Alabama
Car #: 86sm
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Greene     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would gladly pay more if the fluid came in something like caulk tube...

Todd

Pack Fodder

[Eek!]

Poor spelling aside, you'd think a moderator would step in on that last post.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: