Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Wide band Lambda/O2 metering -- what to get

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Wide band Lambda/O2 metering -- what to get
Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What is the current wisdom on the best device to get? I'd probably wire it into my AIM system to collect data vs. using a separate display.

I previously had an Innovate LC-1:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

But that one broke. It stopped talking to the PC. Couldn't even reflash the code. Never figured out why. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There went my advice! We use Innovate equipment in our cars with no issues, but if you have already experienced issues with the LC-1...

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Mark Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you've got an AIM logger already I'd take a long look at their wideband controller. Works well and is plug and play with the logger and Race Studio 2. Takes about 10 minutes to install if you've got a spare O2 bung.

--------------------
Mark
http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My experience with the LC-1 breaking was 3-4 years ago. Maybe they have made improvements to reliability since. The AIM lamda sensor is pretty steep at $399. The LC-1 is half the price.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: