Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Source for Injectors

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Source for Injectors
Nigel Stu Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Either I'm not searching for this correct, or the topic of where to get injectors hasn't been covered recently.

I found a lot about having them cleaned, flowed, matched, etc. But nothing about where to buy them.

Over the weekend, I did some work that involved removing the fuel rail - now I have 2 leaky injector seals. It got me thinking that: a) I should really have some spare seals on hand since they are so cheap. b) I want a spare set of injectors, as a just in case.

So:
-What are some good (or the best) sources for Injectors?
-Mazdacomp or are any of the Autozone varieties OK?
-Brand new or Reman?
-Is it worth sending these new/reman injectors out to have them cleaned/serviced/matched or should they be good to drop in?
-Just find a set in a junk-yard/neighbors car and send them in to be cleaned?
-Do any of the shops that specialize in cleaning/matching actually sell sets ready to go?

As a side note, once I have these new injectors, my current ones will be sent out to be cleaned and be used as my spares/back-ups.

(edit: looks like I'm not the only one who wants to know the answer to this question... Sorry for steppin on your toes, Reggie - sort of funny with the timing on the posts [tipsy] )

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ben,

Your better off sending the orginal injectors out for a cleaning. I used RC Engineering, they were fast and sent back a performance sheet with them. If you really want to get crazy like I did buy some more used ones from East Street, Panic, or Planet Miata, send them all and have them pick the best ones to do.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use the original injectors from my car and have a spare set from another old motor. Sent them off to Miatacage and they cleaned up very nicely.

Definately buy some spare o-rings to stop squirting gas caused when you nicked one on installation. Also get a couple extra plastic insulators/spacers for the rail since they always fall into inaccessible places when you drop one into the engine bay.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ben, In the Midwest - Stewart Racing Engines in Indianapolis.

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.cruzinperformance.com

I've had about 5 sets of injectors cleaned and flow tested by Rich for various cars. He turns them around in a day or two, replaces o-rings and pintle caps and sends a flow sheet. Highly recommended.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've always had my OEM injectors serviced by one of the several companies out there... I usually send two sets in to get the best possible match.

Here are a few:
(I've not used this particular vendor): http://www.rceng.com/faq.aspx?UserID=6496814&SessionID=1DwHQRGeZQHynWz2DdnU

(I've used WitchHunter a few times with great results): http://www.witchhunter.com/shipinfo1.php4

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thank you all for the responses so far - seems to be some good info (even if it is a bit of a re-hash of older injector threads so far)

BUT - My main reason for the questions is that I'd like to have a spare set, which I do not currently have (my 'spare' set has 2 broken pintle caps and one injector body that is mared/scratched - I do not have faith that that 'set' could be properly serviced). SO, I'm looking for the best way to get a second set.

I'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone if possible, so like Reggie also asked in his thread, are there any shops that sell pre-matched/cleaned injector sets, ready to install?

Or is the process to just buy injectors (new, used or remaned from wherever I can find them) and have them sent out to WH, RC, Stewart, Cruizin, etc?

Thanks!

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

2 follow up questions:

-is there any difference between OEM injectors and new/remaned ones from other sources like NAPA, Rock Auto, etc. (legality, actual flow rate, % allowed variance, etc.)

-Will NEW injectors from Mazda have same flow-rate/characteristics (within reasonable %) to old but cleaned injectors? (or another way to ask, is a set of NEW Mazda OEM stock injectors have variance less than, same as or greater than a used set that has been cleaned/matched?)

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Stu:
2 follow up questions:

-is there any difference between OEM injectors and new/remaned ones from other sources like NAPA, Rock Auto, etc. (legality, actual flow rate, % allowed variance, etc.)

-Will NEW injectors from Mazda have same flow-rate/characteristics (within reasonable %) to old but cleaned injectors? (or another way to ask, is a set of NEW Mazda OEM stock injectors have variance less than, same as or greater than a used set that has been cleaned/matched?)

Sorry, cant answer those questions... However if it was me I would send them out to get cleaned & balanced, even with new/rebuilt injectors.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

ChrisA

Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ChrisA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any good places to get them cleaned on the East Coast?

--------------------
Chris

"Nothing can be simple. Everything's got to be a pain in the ass." - C. Adams

Chris70 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 17-7-70
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris70   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.injector.com/

--------------------
"Talent is often perseverance in disguise"

Jeff Wasilko

Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Wasilko     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Chris70:
http://www.injector.com/

I've had great luck with them (Marren). They also stock some qty of good/flowed/clean race-ready miata injectors for sale. I sent in a batch and had a bad one, and they offered to sell me a replacement and not charge me for the cleaning of the one that was not usable.

They've turned injectors around for me same-day as well.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: