Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » godspeed radiator

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: godspeed radiator
Frank Todaro

Region: Ohio Valley Region
Car #: 35
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank Todaro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In addition to the front end parts I am going to be needing to put the #35 back on the track I need to replace the Radiator. I had a Koyo in it but wonder if the Godspeed rad I found on ebay is just as good. they are both 52 to 53 mm. Anyone have any experience with this. In light of my recent misfortune I am trying to stretch a buck.

--------------------
Frank
Member: No Pain Racing

Gunpilot

Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gunpilot     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am aslo on a tight budget, and just installed one myself. Looks good and went in nice and tight with the stock fans. They also have a great 3 year warranty. Have not run it yet, but all hopes are high. I will replace the cap with a better one before I start running it.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Frank Todaro

Region: Ohio Valley Region
Car #: 35
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank Todaro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I toasted my Radiator fan too, do you know if you can put the ac fan in on the right side and just plug radiator fan plug into the right side AC fan? would be nice if I did not have to buy a new radiator cooling fan too.

--------------------
Frank
Member: No Pain Racing

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Godspeed, Mishimoto and the CXRacing I bought all seem to be Chinese Koyo knockoffs. Mine wasn't polished but was $130 delivered. No tech here, just a fat downflow unit. Seems to keep the temps down here in the NE.

Now replace that intake with one of the straight ones and gain a few more hp.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Mike888 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NJ
Car #: 12
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike888   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Gunpilot:
I am aslo on a tight budget, and just installed one myself. Looks good and went in nice and tight with the stock fans. They also have a great 3 year warranty. Have not run it yet, but all hopes are high. I will replace the cap with a better one before I start running it.
my understanding is that the AC fan turns slower than the Radiator fan. So I don't believe you can interchange them.
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've used one for the last 3 years between two different Miatas and it's worked great, it's looking a bit beat up at the moment but still cools fine!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: