Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » stripped hardtop bracket options

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: stripped hardtop bracket options
dq

Region: delta
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dq     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The upper mounting bracket threads are stripped on my hardtop and on the window frame. I'm considering just through bolting it on. Thought I'd see if anyone here had a better suggestion before I drill any holes.

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

wasn't there a comment in the latest fast track about bolting the hard top to the cage?

when I had my X1/9 ITC car, the roof attached to the hard top with a wing nut... made it real easy to get in and out of the car [Big Grin]

hoop

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You may now bolt the hardtop to the cage.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The other options are helicoil it or drill it and tap it for the next sized bolt.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

dq

Region: delta
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dq     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks! anyone have pics of how they bolted it to the cage?

Scottie

Region: WDCR
Car #: sm 19
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can anyone maybe post a couple pics?

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My hardtop was stripped and I just retapped to a larger size thread. there is a small plate of metal that makes tapping easy.

db

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: