Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Loss of Power

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Loss of Power
NV Racer Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 70
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NV Racer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a issue with my '90 Daily driver. The engine has a dramatic loss of power. Parked in garage running fine next morning no power. I checked timing, set correctly advances when applying throttle. Checked TPS responds to off-idle and WOT. Changed out AFM. Checked fuel pressure. Checked cam timing. Checked compression, pulled each injector plug all cylinders drop same rpm at idle. There is no cat, have bypass tube in place. No noticeable miss idles fine. Not sure where to look next.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

rag or animal sucked into air box inlet or tube from afm to throttle body?

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Vacuum leak.

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

NV Racer Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 70
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NV Racer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Haldeman:

Ding! Ding! Ding!
I pulled the air box cover the area below the filter was completely filled to the brim with cat food. Lesson learned. I will be setting mouse traps in the garage that was one busy mouse or mice.

Thanks, Dennis
 -

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cat is obviously not pulling its weight.

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's awesome lol there is enough food in there for a year. Glad it was simple.

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by NV Racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Haldeman:

Ding! Ding! Ding!
I pulled the air box cover the area below the filter was completely filled to the brim with cat food. Lesson learned. I will be setting mouse traps in the garage that was one busy mouse or mice.

Thanks, Dennis
 -

Cat is clearly colluding with rats/mice. Where is the dog, to watch over the cat?

--------------------
Michael Ross

trimless1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Low Budget Member

Region: Southwest
Car #: 11
Year : 99 and 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for trimless1     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A good reason to install an aftermarket intake [Smile]
No place for those rats to hide the food.

--------------------
Gale Corley
99 SM GRE Super Deluxe
93 SM GRE Jr. Deluxe

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by NV Racer:
There is no cat

Time to get one then.
Shouldn't be much of a problem as you're already feeding it. [Wink]

They get into my old pickup every year.
Do moth balls help?

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Moth sez ouch

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That is one productive and forward thinking mouse! Much respect and admiration!!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mice love miata's, I once took a baby for a 300 mile ride to Pocono and one session on the track before I found and saved the little critter.... I won the NASA-NE PETA award for that......

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

Michael53

Region: NEOKLA
Car #: 53
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Michael53     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

...yeah, but I had one pass while residing in a rocker panel. As if the stench wasn't bad enough, it would have been less work prepping a donor for another spec than the level of disassembly my street miata underwent! My garage now stocks enough rat poison to be an EPA hazard.

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by tony senese:
Mice love miata's, I once took a baby for a 300 mile ride to Pocono and one session on the track before I found and saved the little critter.... I won the NASA-NE PETA award for that......

This!

While crewing for a friend who was running the VIR 13 hour ( a few year's back), we found a stow away hiding in the door. On the next pit stop, another one litteraly fell out of the car and was laying on pit road (after the car left)!

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a half dozen mice fall out of my car once. And the little exercise wheel did nothing for my top speed at the end of the straights. Dangnab push-to-pass.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: