Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Global West Energy Suspension bushings

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Global West Energy Suspension bushings
Reggie Verified Driver

Region: Delta
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Reggie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Some more newbie questions:
(1)are these polyurethane bushings legal for SM?
(2) Does anyone here have experience with these to know if they are an improvement over rubber bushings?
(3)If so, how much better?
Thank you!

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Simply no. Review the GCR.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

Dave Stevens

Region: So Cal
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Stevens   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In classes where they are legal they tend to wear better and maintain form better. If you are using saggy bushings in an older production car when you switch to something like an Energy you'll be able to hold your settings better.

--------------------
The 2011 Money Furnace
http://racing.roaddog.com/

TillerTech

Region: SoPac
Car #: na
Year : 89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TillerTech     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Usually delrin bushings are preferred. Harder and less cf to effect less uncontrolled bind/spring rate under movement.

--------------------
Miata Race glass and CF from Legacy Molds. 4 1/2# CF Hood
http://www.jnent.net

SAE113 Verified Driver

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 01 & 99
Year : '92 & '94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SAE113     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

delrin tiz the shiznit!

--------------------
Steven Elicati
'92 Protege ITA#01
'94 Miata ITA#99

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

1)No
2)Yes
3)A lot, but then again we all play with old cars, so new rubber might be an improvement over rot.

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

Reggie Verified Driver

Region: Delta
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Reggie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You guys know your stuff. thanks!

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My first message was from my phone, so it was just the fact that it was illegal to run the subject bushings.

But here is a more complete answer if curious.

1) As I said, and others, it is not legal to run poly bushings. It is easy to tech. Anything other than OEM Mazda rubber bushing are not legal.
2) Can't comment since I have not run them. However, Mazda does make competition bushing that are (I think 40%) stiffer than OEM and expensive. I don't think these have ever been made legal, but they are marked and look like OEM; so they will fly in the tech shed. I have run then in a previous SM, but not in my 99.
3) From my 8 years of running SM, I think that running the competition bushings are a waste of $700-800 dollars (plus labor if you can't change them yourself). Like I said, I don't run them in my 99 I it hasn't slowed me down. [Big Grin] For the money, more track time, running data system or thinner shaves will get you more bang for your buck.

So as long as your bushing are in good shape; don't worry about it. There is a lot more areas for you to focus on.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA