Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » FP regulation on 1.6

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: FP regulation on 1.6
d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Would someone educate me on the necessity of a fuel pressure regulator on a 1.6 car? When I bought my current motor the builder was pretty adament that I measure the high-side fuel pressure to insure that it was within factory range, lest bad things happen to my new motor. Apparently lack of adequate pressure is not good(done blowed up). I imagine that a regulator can only lower pressure. When I can control lean/rich at the MAF clockspring why would I want to lower FP?

I'm only asking because I want to know.

Thanks,
Denny

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have only dynoed a single 1.6 car with an adjustable regulator. The adjustable regulator made more power with an untouched AFM than adjusting the AFM.

Admittedly this is a sample of one. As I get time to try more cars, I post my results.

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have seen [Smile] people adjust fuel pressure in 1.6 for a longtime. It makes for a better tune then just jacking with the AFM. Fuel pressure will make slightly more power and a lot better drivability as the AFM spring stays closer to its stock location.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

darmstrong Verified Driver

Region: sediv
Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for darmstrong     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will Dave's adjustable regulator set up for the 99 work for a 1.6, or will it need a different setup?

Dave
SM #66

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't think Dave 99 setup will work with a 1.6. The fuel delivery systems are different setups and don't work the same. The 1.6 is a loop back and the 99 a dead head.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA