Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Garage » Start up beeping

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Start up beeping
JCawley

Region: Bucaneer
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JCawley   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I built my '95 earlier this year and whenever I start the car, I get this beeping - about 4-5 beeps about 5 times. Not a big deal, just annoying. I am helping some friends of mine build a '90 and they are having the same sound during initial electrical start-up. Thanks in advance for the simple answer to this question!!!

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Disconnect the airbag battery under the dash. It is the little blue box. It beeps to tell you there is a fault.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Funracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Funracer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I disconnected mine on my 94 this past summer. Its a light blue or sky blue box about half the size of a cigarette pack attached to the steering column.

The silence is golden.

Regards [Cool]

JCawley

Region: Bucaneer
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JCawley   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

AWESOME! I knew there was a quick answer. You guys are the best!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: