Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » St. Louis Region Regional/National/IT Tour

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: St. Louis Region Regional/National/IT Tour
Bryon Prokopf

Region: STL
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bryon Prokopf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is two weeks away, and still no SM registered... Who all is coming? Don't forget to register for the second annual DASH on Saturday. It is free for IT and SM if you register for the MidAm regional races on Saturday and we will be giving out cash prizes again.

Online registration available at http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/gcr.aspx?eventID=30...ace.aspx%3fEventID%3d3091

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
STL Region Race Committee Chairperson
T&S, F&C

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We will have four cars there...will register today or tomorrow.

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be derr. Or not.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Team Saferacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Which is it? No excuses on the tow!

Don't try to be coy, roy.

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I need to make a new plan, Stan!
Jim

[ 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm gonna hop on the bus Gus!.
See you there.

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

TKraft Verified Driver

Region: DMV /GtRv
Car #: 42&46
Year : 91,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TKraft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just get youself there!

Rich Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I guess I should show up if I want to continue dominating the also-ran list this season.

Don't have to discuss much with my boss to make sure I don't have to watch the place that weekend.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

springfielddyno Verified Driver
Runoffs "MOVE OF THE RACE" (headlights)

Region: Ozark Mountain Region
Car #: 37, 31
Year : 96, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm not going,

I'm counting on Rich and Unsafe to sweep this thing! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Rich Verified Driver

At least it looks like we won't be doing the ants under a magnifying glass thing that weekend. Hot spell is supposed to break tomorrow and stay below 90 until august 5th. We'll see...

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Speed Raycer

Region: 21/St. Louis/MiDiv
Car #: IT7 #72
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Speed Raycer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

LOL... cool suits should be getting a workout this weekend. Rain almost every day and climbing into the upper 90's (read that as just south of triple digits) by Sunday.

--------------------
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it
Izzy's Custom Cages

Rich Verified Driver

Update in case anyone's wondering:

Sat Q:

Wiese 1:13.0
Asselta 1:13.3
Ch. James 1:13.5
Cr. James 1:13.5

Sat. Race:

Wiese 1:13.4
Ch. James
Cr. James
Asselta
Zwolle

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Rich Verified Driver

Update #2:

Wet qual:

Wiese 1:20.2 (dries)
Charlie James 1:20.9 (wets)
Zwolle 1:21.2 (dunno what he was on)

Race:

Wiese 1:13.043
Charlie James 1:13.027
Asselta 1:13.4
Zwolle 1:13.7
Chris James 1:12.8

Drago last, ran a 1:13.5 and pulled off early to get out of there before he set fast lap in his overdog '99.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
Update #2:

Wet qual:

Wiese 1:20.2 (dries)
Charlie James 1:20.9 (wets)
Zwolle 1:21.2 (dunno what he was on)

Race:

Wiese 1:13.043
Charlie James 1:13.027
Asselta 1:13.4
Zwolle 1:13.7
Chris James 1:12.8

Drago last, ran a 1:13.5 and pulled off early to get out of there before he set fast lap in his overdog '99.

Just look what happened to the 1.8s after that Memphis Massacre. Ol Slim has a nasty side when crossed [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [rolling on floor laughin]

............said THE PHEENOM who seems to want to kill any help the 1.6s were trying to get!!!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Bryon Prokopf

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bryon Prokopf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to everyone who came out. Congrats to Rich. Results for both days have been posted to mylaps. Hope to see everybody at MAM in two weeks.

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
STL Region Race Committee Chairperson
T&S, F&C

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Rich on win! For the record he was 2326 at the finish.. So 50 lbs on 1.6 seems about right [Big Grin]
Great race with Unsafe, he actually raced me too clean! Lots of fun back and forth.
Good to see all.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by springfielddyno:
I'm not going,

I'm counting on Rich and Unsafe to sweep this thing! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Nice job Rich!... Mike was close with a third...

I watched James jr's video... looks like a boring race for the top 2? Maybe not boring, but the cars were spread out... More action from there on back...

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Team SafeRacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great run Rich, for sure you dominated this weekend, you left no doubt you owned STL this year!!! [yep]

Other than the traffic, it was a boring race Sunday for me, just trying to cut into the nice lead you built up and having no luck. Very impressive run, please forget anything I've said about the 1.6s needing any breaks at this time....

Everything I've heard and seen, it was not quite so calm back for 3-5, congrats to Mike for seperating out and getting 3rd.

Off to MAM in 2 weeks and then the double in Topeka. Hope we have more cars at both of these events, kinda sparse in Saint Louie.

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com

Team Saferacer

Awesome weekend guys...I think we can safely say the 1.6 has received all the help it needs. In the hands of great drivers, that car rocked this weekend...on a horsepower track!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

Hats off to Rich for the win and Chris for fast lap!

Fun racing with Jim and his new magnetic paint job. The side panels seem tuned to attract SSC cars and 1.6 miatas, while the front bumper definitely draws in 1.8's. Might want to switch back to primer.

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All in all I have to say it was a fun week end although I still can't seam to get a handle on 1.8 handling.

Great - Clean race with Unsafe in Saturday I think we swapped spots 8 times with no contact at all - never thought once about going into turn one side by side lap after lap... too much fun...

Sunday was a little hairy the car still way to loose to get around the corners well. Drago and a couple of Un-SafeRacer cars squeezing me out to the tires and then the wall coming back onto the oval - I thought this is it, all four of us are about to die in one huge ball of fire... But we made it through with no contact - I'll never figure out how...

MZ

Rich Verified Driver

quote:
Originally posted by Unsafe:
Awesome weekend guys...I think we can safely say the 1.6 has received all the help it needs. In the hands of great drivers, that car rocked this weekend...on a horsepower track!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

My car is strong, but anyone who's been behind me for T3 at Gateway knows you don't necessarily have to make all your time on the straights there... [Wink]

Anyway, 1.6 to 2375, bring it on. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

T3 will not be the same at 2375 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Rich Verified Driver

It doesn't matter, at that weight I would have enough stability to just jump the curbs. [Razz]

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

just think how "stable" (and I use the term loosely) you'd be at '99 weight [Big Grin]

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Rich Verified Driver

Yeah, but then I'd need a skidplate and that's not legal. Or is it?

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Team SafeRacer

Oh to be young.

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com

MegaModerator

I know who FIG 1 is, pretty good idea who FIG 2 is... I have heard a few people referred to as FIG 3? Do we have a official FIG 4? [Razz] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Rich Verified Driver

I think I already got nominated for FIG status after the first STL race?

Anyway, BS aside, and I've probably said this before, but here goes: In the not-so-distant past I was looking ahead from 4th or 5th at Charlie and Jim (and lots of others, but you guys are the regular front row at the places I play) and thinking "man, it'd be cool to be up there with those guys." Now I'm there, and it turns out I was right. Being up there is pretty cool. [Smile]

I'm going to need a bigger helmet.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

MegaModerator

All kidding aside, your driving really well and your results show it! You should be proud. The FIG status just makes it fun for us when you win! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

sorry, but there's only one FIG... we can come up with other names for phenom... [Wink]

agree... nice drive phenom...
s
am

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The kid just flat drove the wheels off the car. That is why he is THE PHEEEEENOOOOOMMMMMMM!
He rubbed the whole grids nose in it. [Big Grin] If he can drive like that at HPT he is a definte threat for the whole shootin match!
Charlie had a little for him for a while but Rich just never seems to make a false move at WALL CITY.

BTW: How about some praise for the STL WORKERS and OFFICALS. What a great run event. Saturday was a dream even with 98 degree weather. We were finished by 4:30.

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Team Saferacer

Come to think of it, that was an amazingly well run event. Even with the rain delay on Sunday, they got us back on schedule.

It was nice to see the "5" called on the grid within a couple minutes of the previous checker. Much less of the usual Midiv mulling around. The T1 workers did a great job of cleaning up after the exploding rotary, too.

Thanks to the chief steward for giving us the split start. Heads up after the Saturday mixed start mayhem.

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Rich Verified Driver

Wall City gets a lot of flak. Me and Burkett were talking about it this weekend, and we just love the place for some reason. Maybe it's home track syndrome but I have a lot of "joy of driving" moments at GIR every time I get in the car there. I think for me it's the combo of the fast, long straight with a high-stakes, high-risk corner on both ends (7 is a loose-is-fast corner has a hard-to-miss outside wall, 1 has walls, bumps, brake zone and 110mph entry), a "balls" series in the middle (3a-3b-4), and a head-scratcher in there to keep your thinking cap on (5-6). I'm gushing, but the poor girl has a bad rep. It's the least I can do to defend her honor after this season. [Smile]

STL region runs a smooth event for sure. I'm never under much stress to get things rolling when I'm 30 minutes from my house, but it's nice to hear the out-of-towners who have a keener eye on the schedule say it went well. In light of all this praise, what does everybody think about two double nationals here next year?

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

RacerX Verified Driver

Region: Tennessee
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RacerX     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations on the win, Rich! Yes, St. Louis Region does always run a great event, which is why it is one of my favorite places to race.

I've been a bit scarce lately, (Work + Fatherhood = not much free time). Sounds like you all had a fun...and HOT...weekend.

Hopefully I can come out an play sometime soon...

Roman
SM #32

Stop by and say hello sometime Roman...

Roman and I were classmates at driving school... Dick Faxon was our instructor and I was in Faxon's borrowed SM after my AS blew up the previous weekend...

Dick would tell me to go faster, but not if I felt like I was going to crash his car [Big Grin]

All this was at STL... but I'm still not a fan of WALL CITY... I don't dislike it, but I like runoff room...

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Rich Verified Driver

Funny, you like runoff room but you never drive off the track and I like a place that would kill me if I pulled the stupid moves I make at most tracks. I've been so far off at Mid-Ohio in T1 that it was a shorter distance to the back straight than to get back on the short chute to the keyhole...

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: