Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » MiDiv Schedule

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: MiDiv Schedule
EdMabry Verified Driver

Region: Ark
Car #: 83
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EdMabry   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What happened to Memphis in the proposed '09 schedule? Only one meet, a double national...and no IT?

--------------------
Deja Moo...the feeling you've heard that bull before!

EMI

Region: Ark
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EMI     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where did you find the proposed 09 schedule?

--------------------
Edens Motorsports Inc
Kevin Edens
Sponsor, motorhome driver, chef, and Dad to #26 SM Chris Edens

"Don't eat the track food, it'll kill ya!"

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Found the schedule here: http://www.midsouthscca.org/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=getit&lid=132

I wish we had two R-N weekends in Memphis instead of a double national.

With no regional races in Memphis the guys down here will have to make an extra trip to Kansas, Iowa or Nebraska to make a run for the Mid Am championship while the guys up there can run the three relatively local tracks and make it - with the double points race at HPT the schedule seams way out of balance.

Just my $.02 but I think I may to take a look at running in the SE this year.

MZ

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The problem with the two RN's in Memphis is that they have been, and would again be, money losers. By running a double N, they stand a better chance of breaking even. That was the thought behind KVRG going to the NN at HPT, as well. The reason the bonus race is at HPT is that it has never been there, in the history of the series.
I wasn't in on the meeting when this was all put together, but I think you will find that what Memphis decided to do was their decision, alone. Also, the last NN at Memphis was almost cancelled on Saturday morning, due to lack of workers.
I think that the coming season will be a real challenge for everyone to come out of the season without losing money.
Also, just my $.02 worth.
wheel

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: