Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » MAM 4/17-18 SSRR Registration Open!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: MAM 4/17-18 SSRR Registration Open!
KelleyHux

Region: DMVR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KelleyHux     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You're all invited ...

Come join the "Valley Race Groups" (AVRG / KVRG / MVRG) at MidAmerica Motorplex (Pacific Junction, IA) for the "Double Up" Double Drivers School / Double Regional on April 17/18/19. The following regions are all co-sanctioning the event - NeOkla, Oklahoma, Wichita (AVRG), Kansas, Kansas City (KVRG), Des Moines Valley and Nebraska (MVRG). It's truly a cooperative effort - and we'd love to see you at the race track!

On-line registration available at:
http://www.dlbracing.com - club: Missouri Valley Race Group

Or:
http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/gcr.aspx?eventID=37...ace.aspx%3fEventID%3d3789

Come join us for a fun weekend.
If you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask!

Kelley Huxtable
MVRG Registration Chief
KelleyHux <at> yahoo <dot> com

skl

Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well right now I'm guaranteed to win SM... [Smile]

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be there Stu,so looks like you me and Dan have the podium locked up.
I will run SM both days and nephew Alex will run in ITA sunday if things go well for him in the school.
Don't forget the friday night party,everyones welcome.

See you there

--------------------
volante

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm bringing my SM for a KC worker who gets a free car for the weekend for the schools and Sunday regional. I'll probably run on Saturday.
wheel

skl

Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We'll be there Friday night Dave- want us to bring anything??

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

TKraft Verified Driver

Region: DMV /GtRv
Car #: 42&46
Year : 91,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TKraft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

$500 in ones. [Big Grin]

volante Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Stu,
When we get a little closer I'll get with you and the rest of the drivers.I think I might try to get the drivers to help out a bit more.

Although $500 in ones is a good start. [Smile]

--------------------
volante

Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Count me in for some $$.
wheel

skl

Sorry all my $$$ has to go to Obama and Washington... [Wink]

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

KelleyHux

Icon 1 posted  Profile for KelleyHux     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As always ... remember to enter early and often! [Smile]

Kelley Huxtable
"PLAY SAFE"
MVRG Registrar

KelleyHux

Hoosier Tire Midwest will be supporting our event.

In the event you are choosing to run in ITA and need tires, please contact Terry Gilvin at the following numbers:

Ph574.936.8344
Fx574.936.1673

Kelley

volante Verified Driver

Kelly,
Can you call me please, few questions with the DLB website and having someone else run my car???

515-202-7490

--------------------
volante

KelleyHux

Bump ... just a reminder to enter early and often for this event. [Wink]

It's the next event on the MiDiv calendar.

Kelley

I'll be running the Rollcamera.net SM at MAM on Saturday. I've made it available to a Midiv worker for both schools and the Sunday regional as a worker thank you. Victor LaViola, of the KC region is doing it. Since I'll be there with the car all weekend, I'll run the Saturday race on the left over RA1's and scuff a set of 888's for Steve Johnson to use when he runs the car next month. Who else is racing?
wheel

KelleyHux

Gee Wheel ... if you would have read the nice confirmation letter from the registrar [Wink] - you'd have the link for the entry list:

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=3789&ByGroup=True

Registration closes at 6PM CDT tonight. All others will be considered "Walk-Ins".

Looking forward to seeing you there -
Kelley

I read the letter, saw the list, and still wanted to know who was coming. I figured some walk-ins who weren't listed.

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried to convince a couple people to do the MAM school instead of or in addition to the blackhawk school, hope they show up.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

volante Verified Driver

Most of the normal midiv crowd will be there Jimmy.Car count is not to bad for a school this year.Probably get close to 80 cars with a few walk-ins.Weather is looking better for friday,a bit of rain on Saturday moving out Sunday morning.Of course the party at Miataville will be rocken,we will have BBQ,beer and soft drinks for all who show.

--------------------
volante

TKraft Verified Driver

Region: DMV /GtRv
Car #: 42&46
Year : 91,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TKraft     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wheel.

Be leery of guys that call you by little boy names.

I will, Tommy.

EV Worker

Icon 1 posted  Profile for EV Worker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

See you folks there, I'm headed for the track in about 45 mins. - Kris Mandt

--------------------
Kris Mandt - DMVR EV, F&C and Tech

KelleyHux

Thanks to those who were involved in the Miataville BBQ Friday night. It was fanatastic.

And, Dave, we really appreciate the "take out" service for the Registration folks. It's nice to know we don't have to miss out on the good food!

Just as soon as we get sanction numbers - the May event registration will be open. May 30/31 - R/N/IT Tour, put it on your calendars!

Kelley

I drove the SM for the first time since last Aug. I forgot how much fun it was. Really enjoyed all of it. During the race, I had my hand on the gear shift, waiting for the rev light for the 3 to 4 shift on the front straight, (just about where you see my Cherokee in my avitar) when Volante bump drafted me so hard my arm came back and shifted me from 3rd to neutral. I couldn't figure out where the shift lever was, and then I was laughing so hard I went back to 3rd and finally to 4th. The Miata is now a little bit shorter, so it fits in the trailer better.
Great group. I was sorry I didn't go to the T.B. with everyone, but then again......What a hoot.

T.B. stands for t*tty bar.

I have to take that SM out on the track more.

wheel

volante Verified Driver

It was a fun weekend,good to get out after a long winter.Friday night was a blast(hell every night was a blast)it was good to see all the folks at the track enjoying themselves.I bet we served well overe a 100 people.Big thanks to Jumpen Jim for getting the food ready.

Jim,I was glad you were laughing because I felt bad and thought for sure you were going to open up a can of Kansas City woopass on me after.I had just finished my 3rd-4th shift right when you were trying to do the same when WHAMMO!

And for those of you counting,I think we only had 6 or 7 SM,most switched to ITA.I did switch to ITA on Sunday to let my nephew run in a smaller race group.I know it was only a double regional but the double national in Topeka isn't looking a whole lot better.

One Spec Miata ran the R-888's,new 4/32.He did a shortend rain qualifing(3-4 laps)another shortend dry qualifing(5-6 laps)dry race,dry race.I would say two of the tires are done the other two will be after another dry session.

--------------------
volante

Dave,
The only reason it happened is that I screwed up 14 and you didn't. Every lap, up until then, we shifted at the same time. I had my hand on the lever, ready to shift, but you shifted first.
wheel

volante Verified Driver

Jimmy,
So I sat in the shop last night looking at the front fenders that were both crinkled trying to figure out how my nephew managed to do that.Then it hit me........ [Big Grin]

--------------------
volante

Rich Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by volante:

And for those of you counting,I think we only had 6 or 7 SM,most switched to ITA.I did switch to ITA on Sunday to let my nephew run in a smaller race group.I know it was only a double regional but the double national in Topeka isn't looking a whole lot better.

Looks like just me and Beaver have got off our whippersnapper butts and registered.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Since DLB chose now to upgrade the system, several people have had trouble registering. It seems to be working fine, now.

Dave,
You mean, then it hit ME.

volante Verified Driver

Rich,don't worry you should have myself,Jarrod,Krafty,Stu Lehr and Jeff Brady to beat up on from Des Moines.Sounds like your brother Johnson is going also.

--------------------
volante

Rich Verified Driver

I don't beat up on anyone at Topeka, Topeka beats up on me. Sam still owes me in-car from going airborne and driving off the track about 5 times at the Runoffs last year.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

skl

Sending in my registration the old fashioned way- I can't get that damned dlb site to work. Can't get past some stupid verification page- it says I'm not a member. News to me as it worked fine for the MAM event. Glad it worked for some of you. Just got off the phone with Linda Henson and it doesn't even work for her,and she's the registrar!!

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

KelleyHux

Stu ...

For the May 30/31 event, just drop me an email ... let me know what class you want to register in. [Smile]

I'll take care of you guys.

Kelley

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: