Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » MAM 5/30&31 R/N/IT - Registration Open!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: MAM 5/30&31 R/N/IT - Registration Open!
KelleyHux

Region: DMVR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KelleyHux     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You're all invited ...

Come join the Missouri Valley Race Group at MidAmerica Motorplex (Pacific Junction, IA) for the "A-May-Zing" Regional / National / IT Tour event on May 30/31, 2009.

On-line registration available at:
http://www.dlbracing.com
Club: Missouri Valley Race Group - Club Race-All

Or:
http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/EventRequirements.a...ntID%3d3947%26LMID%3d1208
When you follow this link, it will bring you to the login screen. Simply login using your email address and password. The next screen says "Bad Link", simply ignore it and click on "Go To Calendar". Select the Club: Missouri Valley Race Group - Club Race-All on the calendar page.

The software on http://www.dlbracing.com has recently been upgraded. As seems to be typical with software upgrades, there are still glitches which are being worked out.

If you are trying to register for this event and are experiencing difficulty, please drop me an email at the address below. Please give me your name, preferred car # and class, membership number, make/model of car, and a detailed description of the problem you encountered.

I will do everything I can to get you registered with a minimum of fuss. If you are insistent that you must pay by credit card (all payments at the track must be by cash or check), we will have to work together to get the payment done on-line. The earlier you enter, the more likely we can get everything accomplished!

When you report all the details of the problem you encountered to me, I will notify the vendor, and hopefully we can get the issues resolved and made better for all the clubs using the system.

Come join us for a fun weekend.
If you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask!

Kelley Huxtable
MVRG Registration Chief
KelleyHux <at> yahoo <dot> com

skl

Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The DLB site worked this time! All set Kelley!!

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

Hugh S. Sutton

Region: 107 OZMT
Car #: #71
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hugh S. Sutton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have been away for too long but will drive this race. See you all there

HSS

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Kelly,
I need help in getting Alex Nelsen signed up for ITA.He is not listed in the DLB site????

--------------------
volante

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jarrod and I will once again host the friday night party.Food,soft drinks and beer will be provided.And of course a nice assortment of shoes on sale!!

--------------------
volante

KelleyHux

Icon 1 posted  Profile for KelleyHux     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow ... a week before the event ... and no smak-talkin'? I'm almost disappointed.

If you haven't entered - there's still time. Registration doesn't close until 6PM EDT on Wednesday.

See you at the track,
Kelley

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is the track and paddock above water?

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

JRandall

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 89
Year : 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JRandall   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be driving down from any Minneapolis.. any road construction to watch out for?

--------------------
James Randall
SM 89

Hugh S. Sutton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hugh S. Sutton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[Roll Eyes] forgot how to post.....does Steve still drink and mess with people?

Hugh S. Sutton

Hey Dave!

What time is supper, I haven't eaten for days. Times are so hard here I have to run E85 in the car this weekend....will that stuff pass tech?

HSS

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Have fun guys! I will be down in Atlanta this weekend.. It is a solid 4.5 hours closer than my MAM, which is in my division [Smile]
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim,
Have a great race.
wheel

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tell the truth ........ you like your chances better with the OPM & Florida boys then against PHEENOM, The Beaver, and the Volante GS Warehouse Racing Team! [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by IPRESS:
Tell the truth ........ you like your chances better with the OPM & Florida boys then against PHEENOM, The Beaver, and the Volante GS Warehouse Racing Team! [rolling on floor laughin]

You got me,(I don't like my chances anywhere right now) but you forgot Hugh S Sutton... He has had the republic boys fine tuning that car for last 18 months!
Good luck guys, be safe and have fun.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

KelleyHux

Yes, the track and the paddock are above water. It hasn't rained THAT much in the past few weeks.

We've got a really good turnout, so that means paddock space will be challenging.

Sorry Jamey - not sure about road construction from the north, I'll be coming from the south ... btw are you driving this weekend? I don't have an entry from you. Hint - if you are driving, send an email to KelleyHux at yahoo dot com ASAP so I can get you registered before opening on Friday (and commencement of the late fee...).

TTFN ...
Kelley

Steve Johnson Verified Driver

Region: KC Region
Car #: 41
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sure do Hugh!!!!

But not this weekend, I'm not gonna make it. Have fun everyone, I wish I was there.

--------------------
Stephen Johnson
#41 Mid-Div

Mark Franklin Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Colorado
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Franklin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys,

I wish I could be there, but I'm raced out after the last few weeks here. I hope to see you at another race this year, but if not, I'll be there next spring!

Mark

--------------------
SM #25 RMD

Rich Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Regional Q:

Beaver 1:48.0
Igou 1:48.3
Jones 1:48.62
Wiese 1:48.65

Regional Race:

Jones (started from back "just scrubbing tires" [Wink] )
Volante
Igou
Lehr

I'll let the participants tell the tale, it was quite a show.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Steve Johnson Verified Driver

Region: KC Region
Car #: 41
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ok girls, its only 11:30 and your all in bed. what gives? that has never happened at mam before. guess jarrod wont be puking in his car this weekend. kinda makes me sad. have fun sunday and be careful.

--------------------
Stephen Johnson
#41 Mid-Div

KG

Region: dmvr
Year : 1990 and 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KG   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve, Miataville party was a hoot with Volante and Jarrod's lovely wife having the most fun. Yergler and Kraft went into town to an unmaned location and nobody had a car go missing late at night.

This is from Saturday's race I had to work Sunday so I will miss this fun.

Regional Race

The lead pack for the first part of the race was Beaver, Igou and myself in the catbird seat with Volante bird doggin me. it was 2 x 2 through the carousels with even closer racing yet to come. Volante was hooked up out of the last corner and got by Igou and myself without the draft. He tried Beaver a couple times in one but didn't have the oomph until I gave him a nice bump into the lead.( sorry Crispin but Dave remodeled my house I owed him one)

While all this was going on Kyle Jones who started last was taking advantage of our in fighting and charging into the fray. As we went into 7 and 8 the top 6 where 3 wide in rows. I swear it looked like the parade lap at a Sprint car race. The track narrows out of 8 beaver dropped a wheel off and Volante and Jones went to the lead I got a cushion in third followed by Igou, Beaver and a Lehr just behind.

This was my first race this year and I could not believe the amount of rubber the r 888 put down. The marbles moved in and I moved out to greet them and spun myself out of the mix. My misstep split the pack Jones and Volante fought it out finishing in that order Beaver pulled in saving his car for the national with Igou in third and Lehr in fourth.

Kurtis

KG

Region: dmvr
Year : 1990 and 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KG   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

National results

Beaver
Wiese
Jones
Igou
Volante
Kraft
Sutton

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by KG:
National results

Beaver [thumbsup]
Wiese
Jones
Igou
Volante
Kraft
Sutton

Excellent !!!!!!

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

skl

Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great weather- clean racing- we need a stronger motor!! Fun to crew for the "kids", but it's more fun in the car... [Smile]

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

Hugh S. Sutton

Big thanks to SAFERACER for providing me with TWO cars that could win. Thanks to Rich for giving me tow to get me qualified.

Congarts to Jones for the pole and Beave for the win.

All were great to me at Miataville and I had fun. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and not laughing, out loud, at my finish. [burst]

HSS

[ 06-01-2009, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Hugh S. Sutton ]

Rich Verified Driver

Cris drove a near-perfect race. I only saw one or two mis-steps and they were minor. He looks very comfortable at that track. Congrats! Looks like you have to have a yellow car (maybe one yellow car in particular) to win at MAM! [Smile]

I pointed Cris by on lap 2 to let us get away because he looked strong and I knew he wasn't going to settle for running in 2nd. He drove some quick laps, pulling out 8-10 carlengths on me, and then started losing the rear tires. I caught him at about lap 8-9 or so and we were nose to tail for a couple laps, but it was too early to race eachother so I stayed in line, hoping my tires would be there to fight at the end if I didn't throw it all on the line too early. Unfortunately for me, I had to work pretty hard to keep up when we started going through traffic (including two IT7's running STU? WTF mate?) and there just wasn't anything left at the end. Fun race and good points.

When we were in impound, I switched the car off and heard "rattle...CLANK! Thud." I couldn't figure out what was going on until looked under the hood and saw my accessory pulley had sheared off. My best guess is that lots of abuse over the years, plus the extra rapid accel/decel from riding the rev limiter at MAM made it give up and the last straw was the severe rattle caused by the engine shutting off. At least I didn't blow up the harmonic balancer...

Congrats to Kyle for what I believe was his first win and I know for sure was his first pole.

The POG report:

Beaver - Not POG
Wiese - POG
Jones - Unknown, pretty sure he was POG.

Everyone else was POG as far as I know.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: