Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » Gateway August 1-2

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Gateway August 1-2
Bryon Prokopf

Region: STL
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bryon Prokopf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who all is joining the St. Louis Region at Gateway on August 1-2 for our Regional/National/IT Tour? We are once again holding our Gateway DASH. It is the inverted start pursuit style race. The only difference this year is we are adding a $10 entry fee for the 15 lap race with all of the money going to the top three finishers. Registration is available at http://www.dlbracing.com

On a slightly more disappointing note, the St. Louis Region has decided to cancel our double regional scheduled for October. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you join us at our August race.

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
STL Region Race Committee Chairperson
T&S, F&C

Bryon Prokopf

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bryon Prokopf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you plan on running the test day on Friday that the track is putting on you can pre-register by going here: http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetE...Context=&caller=&appCode=

It is $150 if you pre-register and $200 if you pay the day of. Pre-registration closes at the end of business today.

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
T&S, F&C

Edens Verified Driver

Region: ARK
Car #: 26
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edens     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Qualifying for Saturday SM

1. Edens 1:13.507
2. Jones 1:13.536
3. Beaver 1:13.744
4. Randall 1:15.398
5. Leavell 1:15.524
6. Easley 1:16.932
7. Hamilton 1:17.923
8. Niehaus 1:19.381
9. Tubbs 1:21.179

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did Juan Pablo make it with his other car? Last I heard last night he was broke down outside BFE.

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Edens Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edens     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drago is here with the new 99' SSB car, it is a rocket down the straight with out the restrictor plate!!! He didnt run the race this afternoon because it was raining pretty good and he didnt have any rain tires.

Will post the results for the race when I get back to the Hotel.

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

Edens Verified Driver

Saturday Race SM

1. Edens
2. Hamilton
3. Easley
4. Leavell
5. Tubbs

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

Edens Verified Driver

Sunday SM National Qualifting

1. Beaver 1:13.2
2. Jones 1:13.2
3. Edens !:13.4
4. Wiese 1:13.6
5. Randall 1:14.?

Sunday SM National Race

1. Beaver 1:13.368
2. Jones 1:13.263
3. Wiese 1:13.613
4. Edens !:13.683
5. Randall 1:14.036

Rich and I got caught up behind a SSB Mini Cooper S that wouldnt let us get around him to chase Beaver and Jones, once we got around him we hooked up and ran nose to tail for a while to try and chase them down, but just couldnt catch them, so the last 10 laps we had our own little race for 3rd! LOL Which ended with us crossing the line side by side with Rich about a half a car ahead. Had a lot of fun!!

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

Scott Moore Verified Driver

Region: Midwest
Car #: 57
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Moore   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

congrats,Crispin. A win over some fast drivers at Gateway is impressive.

--------------------
www.saferacer.com

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Crispin !!!

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

Bryon Prokopf

Thanks to everybody who came out to our race. I think everybody had a good time. The weather was good (we could have done without the rain on Saturday but it was not 110 degrees). Results from this weekend are on http://www.mylaps.com Search St. Louis Region. We look forward to seeing you all at our events next year.

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
T&S, F&C

EMI

Region: Ark
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EMI     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tech was great this weekend. The entire class was warned Saturday after qualifying to make sure the car was legal! After Saturdays Regional they had first and second pull plugs, and then checked transmission gear ratios for third and fifth gear.
Sunday after qualfying they pulled ECU's and checked them and gave them back to use sealed. We also had fuel checked for the first time since we have been running Midiv races.

--------------------
Edens Motorsports Inc
Kevin Edens
Sponsor, motorhome driver, chef, and Dad to #26 SM Chris Edens

"Don't eat the track food, it'll kill ya!"

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had what a weekend for the ages.. one that really makes you think it is time to quit. You name it, it happened to me this weekend. Dead on side of the road for 5 hours with entire family and one of my sons friends( 3 kids under 12), then trailer tire blow outs with no spare as it was left in RV and I took a short trip with truck, bad valve stems and valves in race wheels... car was fast, set to take first SSB win and after qualifying I hear the start of rod problem... so I watched as that is most likely my Sm Runoffs engine and didnt want to damage teh head. [nope]
A good friend once told me... Any problem you can fix with money isn't really a problem. Never was it more true than this weekend. While at the track, I saw a guy that I don't know, but saw at Gateway often, always working on race cars, also seemed to be helping someone, seemed like a nice enough guy, I never took the time know him. I saw him this weekend for the first time in a few years, never missed him as people always come and go at the race track. He appears to be in a wheel chair for life. Apparently, he was vacationing with his family and was rear ended in a wreck. Very sad, puts things in prospective and I haven't complained about my weekend once since then. Hug your kids and tell your loved ones you love them...

As far as the race, It was a really fun race to watch, Crispin and Kyle were really going at it. Two wide through 3 and 4, as I told them in impound, my 42 year old atachments would never allow me to try that one, especially on the outside. [burst] They made it work, Kyle got wide and went off in 5 and Crispin was able to cruise after that, managed the gap and drove a really smart race. Kyle was coming, but the gap was just too big. Both these guys are right there on speed. They will be tough for a long time to come.
Very impressed with Chris Edens driving and program as well, looks like the car has enough power to compete now, he is driving exceptionally well and is a guy I would race with anywhere, we went side by side through 1-2 a few times and each gave each plenty of room, very smooth, very fast! Keep up the good work.
Kyle Jones, same deal, following most races this year, he has made steady improvement all year and since starting. He is at front runner status now and will get his first win soon, real soon.

Rich, if this is truly your last race for awhile, hate to see you out, but your priorities are in order and we will certainly be here waiting for you when you get back. Your a heck of a driver and will miss you on and off the track! Maybe not winning your last one will keep you motivated enough to get back a few times next year.

Lastly, the dash for cash was a lot of fun.. I did it only for the track time and sorting a new car. But let me tell you, it is a fun deal. Basically the races is set up that if you run your qualifying time every lap, all cars cross the line on lap 15 at the same time. I started 2nd to last, there were at least 2 cars that had a 1.5 lap head start. I thought now way, but it all worked out. I got to second trying to catch Chris Albin in his VW, which makes sense as he is one of the most consistent drivers out there. Just proves, if you want to win, get on the CRB and make the rules work in your favor, CRB racing 1-2
[Eek!] [duck] [Razz]
Since I was not racing SM, I helped out a little with Kevin from the National staff with compliance checks. Not sure on protocol here, but there was one DQ.

Good weekend all things considered... Hopefully still have time to try and qualify in SSB. Defending National Champion was there in his Honda, while Gateway is certainly not Road America, with Kyle and Crispin beating him and all of us running near identical times qualifying times, I think we were looking pretty good to beat him.. Coulda woulda shoulda...
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

JRandall

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 89
Year : 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JRandall   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Although I didn't really have a chance to run with you guys, this weekend was a lot of fun! I am looking forward to running Gateway again next year.

Anyone going to MAM in a couple weeks?

--------------------
James Randall
SM 89

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Cris! I guess I'm the old ceasar now. Kyle - you're the real deal. Go to the Runoffs with good equipment and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the awesome clean race, Chris. I used every trick in the book including throwing a saturn off in front of you on the INSIDE of turn 1. It took everything I had to keep you behind me. If we hadn't been broken up by the out of class car, I probably would have sat back and let you try to compete for one of the podium spots because it was obvious I was holding you up big time.

The old 84 ain't what she used to be. The car was a rocket last year and the first half of this year but I think it's time to refresh some things. I will be back at a couple races next year, just won't be competing for any titles. Wife - Work - School - New House - Racing...I only have room in my day to give 4 of those things the attention they deserve, so the racing got bumped to the end. I will use the time away from the track to rebuild the car and bring it back to its track record setting form of last year and winning form from this spring. Poor thing just can't take the stress of getting rode hard and put away wet anymore. The list is long: trans, diff, engine, body work, brakes, paint...I think that should keep me busy.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Edens Verified Driver

Rich, I had a blast racing with you, Thanks for the clean race, the Saturn deal was impressive! Once we got around the Mini, I was trying to stay together to catch Crispin and Kyle, but once theyu told me we were only gaining about .5 sec a lap, then it was time for our race which was the most fun of all the races I ran this weekend, that is probably the most fun I have ever had in a SM! Hope to see you at some races next year!!

Kyle, Great race! I thought you were going to catch Crispin. See you in Wisconsin!

Jamey, you had a good race too, hang in there.

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rich,sorry you'll miss the Runoffs. You do have your priorities correct. [yep]

Were the top 4 cars at Gateway 1.6's?

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think everyone at this one was in a 1.6 except Randall.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Edens Verified Driver

Yep, top 4 were all 1.6. Totally confused the SCCA tech guy when he opened the door on my car and looked at the back wall for the ECU and it wasn't there! LOL Then he turned, looked me straight in the eye and said "where is the ECU?" LOL

--------------------
1993 Spec Miata
sponsored by:
MTECH- Miata TECHnology
Sherwood Tire Pros

volante Verified Driver

Region: Mid-Div
Car #: 43
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for volante     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jamey,
I am guessing the normal crowd at MAM.SM might be down in numbers a bit as some have made the final switch to ITA,my car has been sold(the kid who bought it might be there)some of the top national drivers from our division have enough points for Run-Offs,although we could pick up a few out of region drivers needing points.

Jarrod and I will still do the friday night party of course.He will have his SM and I will be in our ITR car.Come on down.

--------------------
volante

JRandall

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 89
Year : 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JRandall   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree that I was the only 1.8. This is probably why they checked my restrictor plate and air box in impound.

--------------------
James Randall
SM 89

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: