Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » Fastrack out

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Fastrack out
wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

New fastrack
http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/10/10-fastrack-feb-club.pdf

Here's an item of interest:
"To allow secure mounting of racing seats in categories where a limited number of cage attachment points are allowed, the CRB
recommends the following change.
Effective upon BoD approval, in 9.3.41, add a new second paragraph as follows: Mounting structures for racing seats may attach
to the floor, cage and or center tunnel. Seat mounting points forward of the main hoop, between the center line of the car and the
driverís side door bar and rearward of the front edge of the seat bottom are not considered cage attachment points in classes
with limitations on the number of attachments."

This calls for member input. So, let the BOD or CRB or your SMAC rep know if you support this change, or not.

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There is very little consistency between classes when it comes to seat mounting requirements. In fact, one could even argue that mounting in conformance to the Prod rules would not meet the requirements of the SM rules. I wrote the SMAC/CRB about this, but was ignored.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Memo at the bottom.

SFI Foundation wanted to make our member and affiliate sanctioning bodies aware that as of November, 2009, there is a
driver suit manufacturer who has successfully tested and passed all requirements of the SFI Spec 3.2A driver suit certification
with a dye-sublimated material.
Previously, it had been reported that the dye sublimation process had never been successfully applied to any of the materials
used in driver protective suits which meet accepted industry standards. This is no longer the case.
Please note that Racewear Manufacturing/Awesome Racewear is manufacturing, marketing, and selling a dye-sublimated
race suit that fully meets SFI Spec 3.2A and may be labeled accordingly with an SFI certification compliance patch.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim,
When did you write, and what did you write? I am sure that your letter was not "ignored". Maybe your letter was part of why the the CRB suggested the rules be re-written.

I searched the CRB data base for any letters from you, and can't find one.
wheel

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

From my recent experience a couple weeks ago addressing a letter to the CRB one gets NOTHING. From the past I thought I would get a "received notice", nothing three days latter so I called Topeka. John explained to me that the if I were to type in http://www.crbscca.com we would all be happy. When the screen comes up it is the CRB Letter Submission Form. I filled the form in, typed my letter request & received a notice the letter was received with a assigned tracking number.

I just went back & read the Rule Making Process & I could not find that this crbscca.com address for the CRB is tied in.

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wheel:
Jim,
When did you write, and what did you write? I am sure that your letter was not "ignored". Maybe your letter was part of why the the CRB suggested the rules be re-written.

I searched the CRB data base for any letters from you, and can't find one.
wheel

synopsis here:
http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/412.html#000022

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

David,
I read your letter, on the CRB site, the day after you posted it. This was after the last CRB meeting. I am sure that all of the SMAC members have read, or will read, your letter. The SMAC will discuss your letter, if they haven't already. The CRB will address your ideas after we receive input from the SMAC.
wheel

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Davids letter was brought up Wednesday at SMAC meeting.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

The new letter system works much better than the old system, which tended to lose letters. There are several ways to track the letters and to make sure that they are all discussed by appropriate advisory committees and the CRB. Way too many letters for the CRB to acknowledge personally, but they are all read and the requests acted upon.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: