Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » Hallett (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Hallett
Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
Updates?

Regional Qaul

Drago, James, Reynold, Stretch, Janssen, Edens,

Regional

Reynolds, Stretch, Edens, Asselta, Duncan with Drago and James pulling off before finish.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are we going to see a Runoffs attempt by Bob "Who needs shiney paint" Stretch?

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

He says his miata days over. I am trying to get him hooked again on the pipe. Maybe we can hook him up with a rental at TMS. [Wink]

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cajun Miata Man:
He says his miata days over. I am trying to get him hooked again on the pipe. Maybe we can hook him up with a rental at TMS. [Wink]

"NASCAR Bob" should race at TMS [Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Results...

Drago
Reynolds
Stretch
Beaver
Edens
Jones
Samis
Duncan
Asselta

Sounds like Charlie ended up in the tire wall in T1 due to contact on the start.

Congrats guys!

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

MegaModerator

Way to go Jim, Matt, and Bob. Can't believe the Sideshow got beat at Hallett.

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

wow... nice job Jim!

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats on the win Jim...nice run for Matt and Bob, too.

Was nice to be back in the saddle, even if I was way off pace. Tried the 1.6 rear end gear, but not sure this was the right choice for the tall hills at Hallett....just shifting on the climb where the old 1.8 gear enjoyed a little more running room.

Without this excuse, I have to look at driver and certainly don't want to do that!

It doesn't show in the results, but Craig Janssen had some great speed and Charlie put that 1.6 right in the mix with the 99 cars.

Perfect weather! Nice weekend!

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Long drive there and back,tired out this AM.

Nice to see everyone, Hanging out with Mac, the girls , Tucker, Ray and Craig Jansen, it was a lot of fun. Freddies and the Silver flame in the same weekend [Big Grin]

The start was crazy, not sure what happened, but I was 6th with A sedan and T cars ahead. I got a pretty good start, looked in mirror and Charlie was right there. It looked like we would get to one before Matt. I got checked up at 1, Matt came through with a dented fender. When I came back around under double yellow, Charlie was on the tire wall backwards before turn 1. From accounts, I think Stretch got a good run, as Charlie started to move in for one,he lifted out it. When he did,someone hit Bob from behind into Matt and or Charlie? Charlie clearly got the worst of it and hurt his hand /wrist pretty good which really stinks. Hope all is OK there.

In fairness to Matt, I really wanted to beat him heads up, I had a pretty good shot this weekend, I think I was a tick faster most sessions. But he had some r/f suspension damage from the contact at the start, so it wasnt really a fair fight. To turn the laps he did with the alignment off was pretty darn impressive.

I lost my first trans on track this weekend in 6 years of SM racing! [Frown] Thanks Don Reynolds,Chris Campbell,Saferacer and Bob Stretch all for loaning me stuff to get threw the weekend. I just took a car and extra set of tires in someone elses trailer,not a good weekend for that! [nope]
Jim

[ 04-12-2010, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think the problem started at the front. I was on pole, in the ASedan, and got a great start. When I turned in, at one, I got hit on the left rear, by the GTO, who was hit first by the Camaro. Since my car stepped sideways, and the guys who hit me were braking real hard, I am sure that rippled back through the field.
wheel

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hope "Safe" is OK. He was right back in form it seemed all weekend. The Sideshow / Juan Pablo duel never was much after the T1 body work. Hallett drew a strong SM field for this early date. There were nine guys who qualified under 1:30 which is CRAZY! It was good to see the groups showing back up....The D. Reynolds Gang, the big SAFERACER Rig, The Aky Boys, Stretch, Sideshow, and the locals.
People from other parts of the country should give Hallett a shot. It is centrally located and has pretty dang good access from any direction. It is a really strong SM track that keeps the different cars pretty equal. The MidDiv / Hallett folks really treat the racers well.
The IT crossover was awfully strong with many getting ready for the SM national race.Looks like the midwest has a strong group this year.
Thanks to everyone that helped me get through the weekend.
Mike Hoover from Memphis kept several cars in the game due to some excellent work. RENny Bobby and "Cold as the Rockies Ray" worked their butts off getting me back on the track. The K. Verges SM Turbo car was more fun than you are legally allowed to have. You can't drive it like a Spec Miata or your ass end will be in front very quickly. Once you learn to throttle steer through the turns WOW [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] it is like drinking a case of Mountain Dew! Keith has a great idea for a fun race car and I could not have had any more fun than I did this past weekend. I appreciate those that made an effort to come for the weekend, the IPRESS Racing group had a barrel full of laughs just when we needed them. Hope to see you guys later in the year.

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Somehow I guess I deleted the other thread by mistake? I just meant to delete my last post

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

JIM DANIELS

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
Somehow I guess I deleted the other thread by mistake? I just meant to delete my last post

[tipsy]

springfielddyno Verified Driver
Runoffs "MOVE OF THE RACE" (headlights)

Region: Ozark Mountain Region
Car #: 37, 31
Year : 96, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

a future in politics for sure [Big Grin]

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, Sam, that and the missing 18 minutes.

cnj

Region: SW Division
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cnj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Unsafe:

It doesn't show in the results, but Craig Janssen had some great speed and Charlie put that 1.6 right in the mix with the 99 cars.

Of course the reason that my speed does not show up in the results is that with great driver skill I managed to trade my 3rd position behind Jim and Matt for a personal interview with the tire wall in turn 8. Oh well.

Other than this minor issue, we had a really great time this weekend. Its our second time at Hallett and we'll be back for sure. The track is fabulous to drive and the whole atmosphere is great. Thanks to Drago and Matt for track tips and Chris for some car set up advice. It was good to see the Saferacer guys again and fun to hang with Mac and crew. We enjoyed meeting a whole new crew of drivers and cool to race with Nascar Bob who also gave me some good advice. When I got into racing in mid 2006 Bob seemed invincible so it was fun to be running with him.

I was so sorry to see Charlie get into a tangle at the start. I was right behind him and was lucky to escape any contact.

Till next year...

Craig J

MegaModerator

Not sure which of you #$%^&* got me with this... But apparently someone thinks I have some dancing talent that I had no idea that I posessed! I never saw it until 5 minutes ago, I have no pictures of the new car and was going to order a copy from Birds eye... Whoever it was, Bravo! You got me.. [Frown]
My bet is one of the Saferacer ladies or one of the guys under 5 ft from Little Rock. [Smile]

-

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

JIM DANIELS

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

-

WHO IS YOUR DADDY??? USS......

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Muwhaahahahaaa, nice! [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

Looks like somebody has a new nickname. Very appropriate.

MegaModerator

quote:
Not sure which of you #$%^&* got me with this... But apparently someone thinks I have some dancing talent that I had no idea that I posessed! I never saw it until 5 minutes ago, I have no pictures of the new car and was going to order a copy from Birds eye... Whoever it was, Bravo! You got me.. [Frown]
My bet is one of the Saferacer ladies or one of the guys under 5 ft from Little Rock. [Smile]

-

DAM! EVEN THE PHOTOGRAPHER SCREWS WITH ME!
car still says DRAGO...

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You've been internetted. [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's not your dancing talent they're talking about... Evreryone can hear you screaming GO..GO..GO from the car...

Way to go Jim.. Going to be hard to beat this year...

MZ

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: