Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Mid-West » Gateway National July 31/August 1

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Gateway National July 31/August 1
Bryon Prokopf

Region: STL
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bryon Prokopf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey all, we are two weeks away from this event and we currently have 4 SM's registered. We are running our DASH again this year, so if you run the regional on Saturday, you can participate in this fun event. Who else is coming?

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
STL Region Race Committee Chairperson
T&S, F&C

Bryon Prokopf

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bryon Prokopf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Results from Saturday are on mylaps.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=571593

I hope everybody had a good time today. We get to come back and do it all over tomorrow.

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
T&S, F&C

Bryon Prokopf

Results from the Sunday are on mylaps.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=572815

Thank you to everybody who came out. Congrats to Kyle on the win! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
T&S, F&C

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW - close finish on Sunday. Drago - what happened on Sat?

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Bryon Prokopf

Not sure what happened to Drago on Saturday but Sunday's race was fun to watch. Drago and Jones hounded each others every move for the entire 28 laps. It looked like it could be a nice 5 car battle at the front but Coello had to pit to secure his hood. Henry and Edens slowly dropped back leaving the two to battle up front alone. They were never more than a half second apart from each other, many times passing the stripe side by side. I believe Kyle got him going into 1 on the second to last lap and was able to hold him off to the checkered.

--------------------
Bryon Prokopf
T&S, F&C

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It really was an awesome race. Kyle did an excellent job and deserved the win. One of those races where no one really deserves to lose, but I did. [Frown] He raced so clean that I was able to go around the outside of him threw T1, T2 and I think a little at three as well, I was too afraid to look. All in a car that I have sold and was supposed to be sorting I was having too much fun to worry about it at the time. .082 seconds at Gateway, best guess is about 3 ft? If all the races were that clean and that much fun, I would gladly finish P2 9 out of 10 times. After being taken out twice in the Sprints and really bad at the Cat, it was a lot of fun to have a had clean race with Kyle. Good driver, good guy with a great family.
Thanks for all that helped me this weekend with my broken foot, the easiest things were challenging at times. I put 169 track miles on the car, thats a bunch! Foot was never an issue in car, but a royal PITA out of the car. The stupid boot wore tow sores on my calf.

DNF... I didn't want to do anymore work than neccessary at the track, car left with 47 mm plate and 2400 lbs which wasnt legal until Sunday. I used regional as a test session an pulled in early.

That seals the division for Kyle, So congratulations on a well earned division title!

Congrats to Sam Henry onhis first National F prod win as well
Jim

Here are some pretty neat pictures from Kevin Edens

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

-

-

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Man, the track at T7 looks a lot narrower from inside the car...

Sorry I missed that one, but getting done before noon was pretty sweet. I was first loser all weekend and couldn't have had more fun (unless I had won).

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like fun!!!

[ 08-04-2010, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Danny Steyn ]

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

EMI

Region: Ark
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EMI     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a very exciting race to watch. I do wish Chris hadnt had the brake issue so he could have stayed up there with you guys. It was the best our car has run in awhile.

--------------------
Edens Motorsports Inc
Kevin Edens
Sponsor, motorhome driver, chef, and Dad to #26 SM Chris Edens

"Don't eat the track food, it'll kill ya!"

RacerX Verified Driver

Region: Tennessee
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RacerX     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great photos. I see that Harold was out there having fun in my old car. Looks like it was a great race - can't wait to rejoin someday (when the kids get older and can turn a wrench).

Roman
(Formerly) SM #32

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: