Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » SM Track Records in SOWDIV

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SM Track Records in SOWDIV
Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Copying what others suggested and have posted in other forums, I'm putting up this post as a "sticky" thread, to hold all our SM lap records (both SCCA and NASA). Add a note below, and I'll add the records to this list.

SCCA RECORDS

Texas World Speedway 2.9 1:59.4 Hugh Sutton 2/19/2006
Texas World Speedway 1.8ccw 1:19.7 Aaron McSpadden ?/??/????
Texas World Speedway 1.8cw 1:19.878 Aaron McSpadden 5/27/2006
Texas Motor Speedway
No Problem Raceway
MSR Cresson 1.7
MSR Cresson 3.1
MSR Houston

NASA RECORDS

Texas World Speedway 2.9
Texas World Speedway 1.8ccw
Texas World Speedway 1.8cw
MSR Cresson 1.7
MSR Cresson 3.1
MSR Houston
No Problem Raceway

[ 05-31-2006, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Antonio Garza ]

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NASA
MSR - 1:25.325 (qual)
NPR - 1:24:823 (qual)

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TWS SCCA 1.8 CCW = 1:19.7 in the race

[ 02-12-2006, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: suck fumes ]

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TWS SCCA 1.8 CW = 1:19.4 QUALIFYING
1:19.8 RACE

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

Karl Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
2001 ARRC Winner

Region: SW
Car #: 50
Year : 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Karl   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There were a few 1:19.8s Aaron. You need to add a couple of digits. [Smile]

Mark Jenkins Verified Driver

Region: Texas
Car #: 28
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Jenkins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I set a new record Saturday in Qual. at 1:20.045s which was 8/10ths faster than the field. That was in a borrowed car, on uncycled fresh-shaves in weather much warmer and in much less of a tail wind than Sunday's events. I wish I had the chance to defend the record Sunday in the same car! Meanwhile the SAF I drove Sunday was w/in .35s of the race time.

Congrats anyway Aaron. We should have a run-off among ART motors. That is until some Coon doggers or Sunny folk show up for the challenge.:-) Topeka will be fun! :duck:

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hahahhaha, oh man thats good stuff Mark.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Jeff Mosing Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Crash test pilot for MX-5 CUP

Region: Southwest-Houston
Car #: 16, 17, 31
Year : 1992, 1999, 2006
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Mosing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Jenkins:
I set a new record Saturday in Qual. at 1:20.045s which was 8/10ths faster than the field. That was in a borrowed car, on uncycled fresh-shaves in weather much warmer and in much less of a tail wind than Sunday's events.

Let's see, faster Saturday than Sunday, what did you eat the night before [Wink] It was great meeting all the guys in person. We'll have to all try to get together at that shack in Angleton for the MSR Houston Race.

--------------------
Jeff Mosing
2006 Playboy MX-5 CUP #31
1992 SM #16
1999 SM #17

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff, I am down for the shack this time. I think I am going to take up Mark's offer and become a professional radio man and retire from racing.

I guess I have the TMS track record too since someone admitted publicly to not running a restrictor plate? [Confused]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Jenkins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Blake,

Certainly you jest. I know your not that easily shaken by nay sayers! Soon enough others will believe. However, thanks for freeing up a spot. You can wear the headset henceforth!

Jeff,

The shack of which you speak sounds kinda cagey. So long as we're not talking about carnival strippers, I'm in.
:laughing:

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are records official for qualifying and the race? Or only the race? Or do they track both of them?

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Mad Merv Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: Texas SW 041
Year : 06 Pro MX-5 wannabe/92 SM (Speedie Jr)
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mad Merv     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

both!

Chris Taylor

Region: LSR
Car #: Yours?
Year : will race 4 food
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Taylor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SCCA has seperate records for each.

Guess who has both in a Real Man's Car at MSRH? [Cool]

--------------------
http://www.taylorrotorsports.com

Veteran Member

ahahha

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

Steven Holloway Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv!

Car #: 97
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Holloway     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gee, I always thought of RX7's as chick cars too, until I met you Chris
;-D

--------------------
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's got electrical problems.

FlyBrySM

Region: Texas-SW Div.
Car #: 54
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FlyBrySM     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Newt Watson
TMS Fall Roundup 2.3 miles
Sept. 16, 2006.
Lap Record Qualifying: 1:39.775

--------------------
2 rear diffs. 1 transmission, 1 PPF, & a few dents!

mdavis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Southwest
Car #: 45
Year : 1991-sold,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mdavis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I acutally emailed Kim Anderson about that. Of note in session number 3 there was a new "track record" in ITA by a miata who did not run within 7 seconds a lap of that time the rest of the weekend (a 1:35.something). I know Tony R. ran a time nearly that fast in the spring without a restrictor plate on his 99 so I'm not entirely sure if the system was functioning properly that day.

--------------------
Matthew F. Davis
Texas Region SCCA

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mdavis:
I acutally emailed Kim Anderson about that. Of note in session number 3 there was a new "track record" in ITA by a miata who did not run within 7 seconds a lap of that time the rest of the weekend (a 1:35.something). I know Tony R. ran a time nearly that fast in the spring without a restrictor plate on his 99 so I'm not entirely sure if the system was functioning properly that day.

There was an issue with the AMB system on Saturday according to the guys in the media shed. Don't know if it affected the lap time in question, but the fastest lap he turned in the race was a 1:42.649.

Either way, Newt, Keith and Bob were really hauling the mail this weekend. Kudos guys...

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

He also was ITS not ITA. It was Tim's rental car. Several of us knew it before the start of the IT race, but figured it wouldn't cause a problem. I think he told the officals before the race started. In that race his best lap was 1:44.498. But it would be typical for him to go slower in the IT race then he would in the SM race although in IT he could run no restrictor. The problem is (as Andy B. has told people) in SM races the fast cars don't hold each other up in the corners and on the straights they can draft together. The miata in IT gets held up by other type cars in the corner and then doesn't usually have the power to catch the other cars draft on the straights.

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Newt Watson Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: 41
Car #: 95
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Newt Watson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When I saw the qualifying times after qualifying on Sat. morning, I went to Keith and told him that the official time was wrong according to my data acquisition. I showed a fastest lap during qualifying of 1:42.1xx, not the 1:39:775. It looked good, but it was too good to be true. The AMB system acting up explains it.

Lot of fun this weekend, enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones.

Newt

Karl Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
2001 ARRC Winner

Region: SW
Car #: 50
Year : 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Karl   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

MSR Houston

Tony Rivera ('99) 1:48.375 RACE
Tony Rivera ('99) 1:47.878 Qual.

3/4/07 NASA at MSRC 1.7 mile:

Mark Jenkins, #28 Blue SM, at 1:25.35s (race).

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: