Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » Miata shop in east Dallas...

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Miata shop in east Dallas...
Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone know a good Miata repair shop on the east side of Dallas? Good with Miatas but not stupid expensive?

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

channelmaniac

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for channelmaniac   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Old post, but it deserves a reply.

No.

There's one there you should steer clear of though.

On that side of town, I'd recommend coming to US75 and using Town North. Yeah, it's a dealership but I've been VERY happy with the service they've done on my cars. They also give discounts on parts if you know the right secret password. [Wink]

The best guy for service in the Metroplex is Stevan but he's out north of Ft. Worth. His website is http://www.miatasolutions.com

If you want more information on hosting a tech day with some of the local nuts, try the dfwmiata.com forums. You can also read there about the shop you want to steer clear of.

RJ

--------------------
Give the gift that keeps on giving... a female kitten!

TR6

Region: Southwest
Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How about Trackdog Racing? It's on the east side of Dallas near the 635 and Forest Ln area. http://www.trackdogracing.com/website/main.htm
They aren't specifically a spec miata shop, but they do a lot of miata work. I found the owner Gary to be very helpful with a lot of questions that I had. However, I can't give a first hand recommendation because I've never had them work on my car.

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

channelmaniac

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for channelmaniac   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah,

Dummy me forgot Gary!

Gary does A LOT of Miata work and is highly respected in the Dallas area.

--------------------
Give the gift that keeps on giving... a female kitten!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: