Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » Memorial Day TWS Configuration (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Memorial Day TWS Configuration
WildBill88

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 18
Year : 99 & 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for WildBill88   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by trimless1:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Carter:
It would go a long way if he would just own up to his mistakes and admit he's an amateur like the rest of us.

You nailed it Kent. Placing blame on others when contact is clearly your fault is just poor sportsmanship, hard to respect that in my book.

Bill, I think many of us found that lower air pressures seem to work well with the R888's, at least this weekend at TWS. On Sunday I ran 26 cold and the tires did great until after lap 13, they got greasy but that was likely due to over driving. They still wear too fast though. I raced on 3/32" RA-1's that were on their 2nd race weekend for the Regional race and it was like going home to Mama, consistent laps throughout the race.

My problem on Sat, is running a year old RA-1's during the race. One corded on lap 2, One I flat spotted on lap 4, one had a steel sepration on lap 5, and one just flat out old. I dropped out of the race after the car started shaking so bad, did not want to have a blow out. I should have stuck with the better R888's I had.

As for the 888's, I ran pretty well with them. No wear on mine with the pressures I am running. Managed a 2:02:43 qualifying on Sat. I have 10 heat cycles on them. They are not the fastest at this point, but a 2:03 flat on Sunday's race tells me they are still good. Especially in the 95 heavily restricted 1.8L....lol [banghead]

I watched your video and you sure were cooking...

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: