Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » can drivers share a car in SM and SSM the same weekend?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: can drivers share a car in SM and SSM the same weekend?
Austtin Bob Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Austtin Bob   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I promise I've searched the archives, but I can't find an answer.

My buddy and I have hatched a plan, and we need to know whether we've got it all wrong before we go any further. Is this plan plausible:

1. Buddy and I go in halfsies on an $10k 90-93 car that can run in both SM and SSM classes.
2. We go to a super school sometime in the next year and get SCCA licensed.
3. We show up to SCCA and/or NASA races three or four weekends a year, and each time one of us runs the car in SM and the other one runs it in SSM.

Voila, we're both racing on the cheap. Sound right? We've both done HPDE's but neither has raced and obviously neither knows much about the in's and out's here, or we wouldn't have to ask such a basic question. I gather from reading these forums that individuals can race the same car in SM and SSM. Do NASA and SCCA run both classes in our neck of the woods (Texas)? Do they run them at _different times_ on the track? Are there any other regional issues that I'm missing just reading general posts from all over the country?

Any advice appreciated!

Steven Holloway Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv!

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 97
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Holloway     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Bob,
Typically SM and SSM will run in the same group and be scored seperately.
If you and your buddy want to share a car one of you can run SM and the other can run IT(SCCA) or PT(NASA). Some people run SM and IT/PT just to get more track time.
There are several of us in the Austin Metro area, shoot me a pm and I'll give you my contact info if you have more questions.
S

--------------------
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's got electrical problems.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: