Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » Big Thanks to many after the MSRH Double Nat

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Big Thanks to many after the MSRH Double Nat
Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just wanted to express my thanks to a few people after this past weekend's Dbl Nat at MSRH. I took my car over to the event to get an annual tech and also decided to work the corners for the races.

First, thanks to Art Tapley, Sidney Davis, and Wayne Hill for pointing me in the right direction and answering my questions.

Thanks to Bryan Gregory for the opportunity to be a corner worker. It is a lot different (very professional) at the Nat level compared to the non-sanctioned local track here in Louisiana.

Thanks to Jerry Hooten and Lowell (?) for taking the time to tech a car that wasn't entered in the event. They were very helpful and patient with this rookie.

Thanks to Jake, Dean, Chad, Brent, Joe, and Tim who were my fellow corner workers. Even though I have done F&C before, they still taught me the finer points of flagging at MSRH.

Finally, thanks to all of the drivers, especially the SM guys James York, Gale Corley, and setup man Ed Gilfus. They took the time to talk to me during a hectic weekend. Ed didn't even shoo me away when he was putting the super-secret setup on James' car.

I can't wait to get out on the track with you guys. Who will be the first to lap me?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Look forward to meeting and running with you!

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Mr ED

Region: lonestar
Car #: 11
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr ED     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Lee,
It was good to visit with you and I know you will have fun running SM with the rest of our semi crazy bunch [Big Grin]

The biggest thing is to get all the track time can when getting started, and find a good coach or mentor.

Cheers
Ed

--------------------
Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care!
ww.gilfusracing.com

Jake

Region: Texas
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jake     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Lee,
Enjoyed working with you Saturday. Though it's a really long haul, hope you can make it up to Eagles Canyon for TX region dbl regional in Sep. It'll be fun.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: