Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » Sad news: Joyce McKinstry passes

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sad news: Joyce McKinstry passes
Jake

Region: Texas
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jake     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just got word that long time TX region member/registrar/great lady Joyce McKinstry left us early this morning.

Keep Lon in your prayers. A huge loss for the racing community.

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rest in peace, Joyce. Thank you for your many years of dedicated service to the racers of the Southwest Division.

My thoughts are with Lon, another priceless volunteer we rely on so much.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Terry Clements Verified Driver

Region: texas
Car #: 10
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Clements     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a great lady. Gonna miss her smile and kind words.

Terry Clements

Mr ED

Region: lonestar
Car #: 11
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr ED     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh Joyce, what a great person and wonderful friend.

We will all miss her, god bless her and Lon.

Ed Gilfus

--------------------
Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care!
ww.gilfusracing.com

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

She was a great asset to the SOWDIV. One of the people that always tried to make sure everybody had a good time racing.....and that is not easy to do when dealing with SCCA redtape. The past few years I would go try to help at registration when I had time. Joyce was a real leader, and made "working" registration a lot of fun. Dang ...... I will miss her. I sure hope she is doing registration up above, it would sure help my chances of getting my entry accepted for the "real big race". My thoughts and prayers go out to Lon.

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joyce was one of the greatest reasons to register and run a SOWDIV race. She was a great person to see at registration where ever we raced. Between her and Tom, I don't think SOWDIV can stand to lose anyone else.

Thanks again Joyce!

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

caesss Verified Driver

Region: Southwest
Car #: 49
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for caesss   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a devastaing loss for SOWDIV! Joyce was a wonderful lady.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

--------------------
Caesar Vielmas
YozoY.com | blu27.com

Ara Verified Driver Series Champ
MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

Region: SFR
Car #: 11,33
Year : 99,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ara   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this. She is one of the people I think of when I think about Texas. I had been looking forward to seeing her as we move back to Houston.

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

Jake

Region: Texas
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jake     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joyce's memorial service will be at the Wildwood Chapel at Restland (Greenville just north of 635) Wednesday and 12:30 PM.

There will be a remembrance gathering at Spring Creek Barbeque just off Beltline Rd in Addison after the service.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: