Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » Seat belt reccomendations.

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Seat belt reccomendations.
WildBill88

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 18
Year : 99 & 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for WildBill88   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any?

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

G-Force from Saferacer or the HANS Belts from Safequip, I've been happy with both.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+1 for Gforce belts from Saferacer. They are half the money of a lot of belts out there and are great quality.

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Safecraft

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Safecraft or Schroth. You get what yo pay for!

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

DW Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
WBR Graphics

Region: WDCR
Car #: 36
Year : 2000
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DW   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What you pay for is only good for 2-5 years though. +1 G-Force Pro from Saferacer.

--------------------
Darrell Wheeler
-------------------
WBR Graphics
King RAT Motorsports
PBC Automotive
Meathead Racing

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Safecraft hybrid belts. The hardware and belts are first class and easy to adjust. They will re-web for free after 2 years.

--------------------
Paul McLester

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

IN MY opinion the Safecraft belts are the nicest out there. Best adjuster, best material and good guys to deal with. But they are pricey

In MY opinion the best inexpensive belts are the Simpson XF line.

Both of these belts have the adjuster and lap buckle as one piece. It eliminates the 4" piece of webbing between the buckle and adjuster. This makes adjusting the lap belt easy.

G-force makes the least expensive FIA rated cam lock belts on the market. They are made in Tiawan. Look at the tags and make your own decision.

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I own the G-force. If I was to do it over again I'd probaby get a different harness for the reasons Schroth and Safecraft can justify the higher price tag.

A couple things to consider to make an informed choice...I believe a Hans brand HNR requires 2" shoulder belts. My DefNder is compatible with 3" belts so it's not an issue. It's reported that 2" belts are actually better the way they fit your hips in a crash. Wider belts distribute load better so I can see the value in the 2"/3" hybrids.

I can see why the other brands mentioned are popular for adjusment reason. Lap belts can be a pain to get snug quickly on the G-force. I definately wouldn't pick their belts for enduro use or if I was sharing the car.

With 6 point belts you won't keep dropping your sub belt down the hole in the seat, they're more secure and easier on "the boys".

I sure wouldn't trust a no-name $60 harness off ebay. Go with a reputable brand plus look at the rules for legality. There are some styles like the Y-shoulder harness that don't pass if I remember.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Schroth here. I like the fact that mine have the cam-lock buckle permanently attached to the two sub belts.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Sacslider
Uber time waster

Region: SFRegion
Car #: #27
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sacslider   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Schroth profi, hybrid, or enduro. All are great products and worth every penny!

--------------------
Craig Evans
#27 Spec Miata
San Francisco Region
Life, Liberty, and pursuit of another checkered flag.
SpecMiataSuperstore.com

WildBill88

Icon 1 posted  Profile for WildBill88   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW. Thanks. I guess I have some to choose from.

WildBill88

I found this on saferacer as well. Any thoughts on an FIA certified harness for my spec miata. I do have a HANS device.

Sparco 6-Pt. 3" Hans Compatible Harness
SKU: 04827HNR
Colors: Black,Red,Blue

Competition belts specifically for single-seater and sport. FIA approved, light, durable and safe with 2" lap belt and 3" shoulder straps, 6 fastening points and centre fixing with professional buckle. They are adjustable on the shoulder straps with a very light aluminium adjuster for smooth, quick and perfect clamping. Special steel adjuster. Perforated plate fixing. Load spreader waist pad. HANS compatible device.

ONLY FOR SINGLE-SEATER AND SPORT.

FIA Certified

Not cheap!

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
G-Force from Saferacer or the HANS Belts from Safequip, I've been happy with both.

I have the Safequip but recently bought some GForce FIA for a friends car. They are great and the price was right. Bill, call Nancy @ Vick Racing.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I love my Safecraft, first time I've ever been able to really get my lap belts good and tight. It's all in the design and the quality of the materials.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SABELT all the way, easiest to buckle and take off.

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

John Hammer Palazzolo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I'm not slow, I'm maximizing my track time!

Region: NASA SE
Car #: 88
Year : '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Hammer Palazzolo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And, I'm going to give the belts from Safety Solutions a shot this time. They've done great with my Hybrid & I love their right side drivers' net.

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

Automotive Event Facilitator
Performance Driving Instructor
JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FWIW: HANS do not require 2" belts. 3" are fine.

Paging Howard Bennett!

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

HBennett

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for HBennett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I believe Keith in WA may have worded it wrong. I haven't read the SCCA rulebook in a while but the rule said if you use the 2" shoulder straps, you have to use the HANS Device. Either 2" or 3" straps work fine. Some of the formula cars with tight cockpits find the 2" shoulder straps easier. We specifically test with 3" SFI harnesses.

Thanks Mike.

Howard Bennett
HANS Performance

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike and Howard are correct. From the 2010 GCR:

An approximately 3 inch shoulder harness; or FIA or SFI 16.5
certified 2 inch shoulder harnesses only if the HANSŪ device is
used by the driver. Should the driver, at anytime not utilize the
HANSŪ device, then 3 inch shoulder harnesses are required.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: