Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » MSRH - Role Call (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: MSRH - Role Call
MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by taylorf:

With your normal tire program it won't take long until you slam one.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MPR22:
quote:

yeah and he still beat both of us [Frown]

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

MPR22

Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
quote:
Originally posted by MPR22:
quote:

yeah and he still beat both of us [Frown]
Just think, he has good tire and fresh shocks, we may not even be on the same lap with him now.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Adam Poland

Car #: 28
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Adam Poland     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Won't be making it to msrh unfortunately, I still need to do my regionals [Frown] . I was hoping to run with Chris, Willie and everyone from the SCCA licensing at tws...

--------------------
"Go big and tow home"

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Adam, you will get your chance i look forward to watching you at eagles canyon in october.

Adam Poland

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Adam Poland     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Chris. You going to run there?

--------------------
"Go big and tow home"

Chris Haldeman

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

yes i will race there

MPR22

quote:
Originally posted by techchris:
yes i will race there

But where will you finish?

--------------------
Michael Ross

Chris Haldeman

inside the top 30 [Big Grin]

WildBill88

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 18
Year : 99 & 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for WildBill88   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TWS was great this weekend and there was a lot of SM cars (25 or so), except it was freaking HOT!

I will bring the 95 to Houston with the updates. Its freaking nice to drive now.

Thanks to:
John Philips and his minor tweaking to the Toe!
Gearhead guys for fixing the CAM plug
Suck Fumes, for his phone support!

Ed, Hope you gonna be there....

Adam Poland

quote:
Originally posted by techchris:
yes i will race there

Nice. See you there

--------------------
"Go big and tow home"

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

John Phillips III white 1993 Mazda Miata
Marc Briley Silver 1999 Mazda Miata
Alex Clamon Black/Red 1994 Mazda Miata
William Keeling Silver 1992 Mazda Miata
James York Black 1999 Mazda Miata
Stuart Robinson Blue 1991 Mazda Miata
Michael Ross Silver/Green 1992 Mazda Miata
Gregg Dejarnett Red 1991 Mazda Miata (SM)
Caesar Vielmas Yellow 1990 Mazda Miata
Taylor Ferranti Silver 1990 Mazda Miata
Luke Bickham Black 1999 Mazda Miata
Aaron McSpadden Grey 1992 mazda  miata
Lawrence Barnes slate blue 1992 mazda miata
Christopher Haldeman blue 1990 mazda miata
Patrick Cox Red 1999 Mazda Miata
Kenny Cangelosi White/Blue 1995 Mazda Spec Miata
Steven Wolff Red 1991 Mazda Miata
William Collings 0range 1999 mazda miata
Bill Agha Red 1995 Mazda Miata
Trevor McCallion Green/Silver 1999 Mazda Miata
Kent Carter White 1991 Mazda Miata
Ardee Toppe White 1994 Mazda Miata
Matthew Barnes DRAGOSLAYEBLUE 1993 Mazda Miata
Michael Mills Grey 1993 Mazda Miata

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Matthew Barnes DRAGOSLAYEBLUE 1993 Mazda Miata

Matt
The actual name is Dragoslayerblue metallic mica [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pretty good looking field.

I'm glad we didn't cancel this race as was proposed early in the season.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Carter:
Pretty good looking field.

I'm glad we didn't cancel this race as was proposed early in the season.

yeah now I might not be in the top 30 -- looks like I will finish the season with only 1 point [Frown]

--------------------

Chris Haldeman

dont worry willie i will be there with you having fun!!!!!!!!!

that makes it all worth while [Smile]

--------------------

Future Never Has Been

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

... sittin' here finishing lunch and filling out my protest forms for the race this weekend.

--------------------

who ya goin' protest?

--------------------

Future Never Has Been

Just a good friend... he won't be too upset. He knows he needs to change his ways, this will help him.

--------------------

you have no good friends

--------------------

Chris Taylor

Region: LSR
Car #: Yours?
Year : will race 4 food
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Taylor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

While you're at it protest a couple of the stewards. We need a good house cleaning in that program.

Of course then there won't be any left since they've run off the 2 or 3 good stewards we had.

--------------------
http://www.taylorrotorsports.com

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
you have no good friends

good point [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

taylorf Verified Driver

Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

May not be able to have any fun. Doc told me Wednesday I have strep throat. I am pumping the fluids and pills into my body but looks like 0% chance to run Friday and pretty slim for the weekend.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

MPR22

Kent,

The Dragonslayer thinks I have a cheated up ECU, protest it and lets see if he is correct.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Future Never Has Been

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Taylor:
While you're at it protest a couple of the stewards. We need a good house cleaning in that program.

Of course then there won't be any left since they've run off the 2 or 3 good stewards we had.

I disagree.... we have gotten rid of all the bad stewards except one or two. Tom Brown is probably one of the Best Execs in the country. Did you read about the do-nothings in NE? At least we are having Driver's Reviews when a pattern develops.

--------------------

caesss Verified Driver

Car #: 49
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for caesss   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any video from the mess today? Either incident?

--------------------
Caesar Vielmas
YozoY.com | blu27.com

MegaModerator

Congrats to Luke on his first National win, followed by JP3 and Taylor. Hopefully none of te cars are damaged too badly.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

caesss Verified Driver

Car #: 49
Icon 1 posted  Profile for caesss   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was the JPIII squad all along. Congrats. Luke was consistent, JP3 was...JP3 and Hats off to taylor, his machine and the skillz were dialed in perfectly today. I made a move on him on T1 to take 3rd but couldn't hold it for more than a lap he was too quick. Beyond that Gregg and York behind me managed to stay away from all the mess. Behind the top 6 there was a lot of stuff happening.

good luck to all tomorrow

--------------------
Caesar Vielmas
YozoY.com | blu27.com

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't know what happened on the start incident, but the second full course caution was the result of Matt and I touching coming on to the front straight.

He had a run through the carousel and we went close to side by side through the last turn with him on the outside. I failed to give him any room for error and when my car jumped when hitting the dip on track out, it caused my LR to contact his RF just enough to make him catch the tires and wall.

I feel terrible and apologized when checking on him, and do so again. His car looked to be ready to go for tomorrow when I last checked.

Small condolence for the DNF today, but I am glad his car can race tomorrow.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

MPR22

quote:
Originally posted by caesss:
Any video from the mess today? Either incident?

Front row seat for both to them. My video of Matt's wreck wasn't good, I needed to remount the camera. Was definatley scary looking up close and personal.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Matt Reynolds

Car #: 74
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Turned out to be a very long weekend for me. First and foremost I have to thank all of those that helped me throughout the arduous process, and made sure that I was not injured. The whole Reynolds Brothers Racing crew: Eddie Williams, Joey Hladek, Mark Reynolds, Alex Reynolds, David Reynolds and Jarrett Reynolds. Then the others that had no obligation to help but did: John Phillips, Ed Gilfus (the most hard working individual at the track this weekend), Taylor Ferranti and Matt Barnes (for offering me their cars for STU on Saturday), and any of the people whom I have never met before but offered me parts to help fix my car and made sure I was ok.

Started Sunday off with qualifying in a rented 1.6 and qualified 16th after a blown diff. Worked my way up to finish 8th with a few battles along the way. Chris Haldamen and Kent Carter ran a good race with me there at the end. I was happy with the finish. It is really humbling to have everyone work their asses off and end up with an 8th place finish. The reward of finishing one session out of the whole weekend is strange, but great non the less. The hand we were dealt this weekend was a horrible one, but we finished the race!
Eddie and Mark have now changed their 3rd flat on the way back to Oklahoma towing the car. I have to thank them so much for not giving up or ever showing regret of being involved with the program.

Congrats to Luke and John on their wins, and to Taylor for a stellar drive both days. Wish I could have been up there.

Once again, thank you everyone that helped or asked if they could help in any way. SM drivers do have empathy! See yall at the runoffs!

Matt Reynolds

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

Mr ED

Region: lonestar
Car #: 11
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr ED     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Luke and JP3 for wins this weekend!

It was a tuff day on Saturday, sorry for all those that got tangled up.
There were so many good battles to watch it was hard to keep up with it all today.
I have to say that Matt is one tuff guy, he never showed any signs of anger or frustaration through a whole weekend of bad luck. There is no quitting in this man.
Congrats to Aaron, he may have won the SOWDIV points today, by one or two points, thanks to Matt's bad luck.
Cheers
Ed Gilfus

--------------------
Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care!
ww.gilfusracing.com

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go guys!

Glad to see Taylor finally get some well deserved good results.

Blake

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MPR22

Break up the 1.6s, they ran away from the feild this morning. JP3 showed he is the real deal on any track any day in a 1.6.

Wow is Taylor fast when he puts on good rubber. If it were not for his mentor pouncing on a last lap bobble he would have his first Nat win. Somebody looking into getting into the class might want to buy that rocket ship before he decides to keep racing.

Congrats to Luke, I know you have worked hard to get that first one under your belt, now go get more.

Had a blast this weekend. Thanks to those of you who raced clean and hard, I learned a lot from being in the fray. The tallent level in this division seems to get deeper each race.

Thank you Pat Ross, (the best dad in the world) for putting together an engine that made up for my more of my mistakes than i deserve. It was awseome to hear people talk about how fast the car is, even if some snobs don't like the paint.

Thanks JP3 for working with me this year to get me up to midpack fodder. I feel I am on track for a great sophamore year in SM.

Thanks to Chris Haldeman for being a good running buddy this year, we are having a blast as the rookies on the JP3 crew.

Lastly, thanks to the my wife who is so supportive of me living out my dream.

Now to accumulate more go fast parts and track time for next year.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Future Never Has Been

Great race today. I'll race side-by-side with Chris Haldeman any day. I apologize for getting into him yesterday and making that whole mess at the start much worse. I'm glad my friend Bill Collings was able to get his car back on track today and have a good race.

--------------------

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to hear about your bad weekend Matt. I got a feeling you will have a better one come September.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This weekend was rough for me as well, having to change a waterpump and miss qualifying on saturday was not good and starting from the back and seing all the wrecks was pretty hair raising to say the least. sunday was better after having finally found the cars happy spot. Definitely fun starting in the middle and working through the field. Glad everyone raced clean, it was a blast.

sorry to see matt's pretty car mangled, i was sure his crew could pull off a miracle and fix it cause they are truly a great group of mechanics. also sorry to see Aghas injury after his wreck on saturday, hope the hand feels better. Looking forward to the runoffs! see everyone there.

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

cam Verified Driver
Cheap member

Region: southwest
Car #: 14
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cam   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I could not make it, can someone please go into more detail what happend for those of us who were not there. Just from reading this thread, Sorry to hear about Matt R. And I think congratulation are in order for Luke, JP3, Aaron and Taylor. Sorry if I missed anyone. Thanks

--------------------
"The problem with Socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."
~Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
~Thomas Jefferson

MPR22

I will post video of some of the carnage when I get back in town Tuesday.

--------------------
Michael Ross

MegaModerator

Congrats to JP3, I have I have told him before. I have seen that old guy do things in a race car that I just can't do [Big Grin] I like calling him the old guy, as he is the only one that seems older than me now [Frown]

Taylor congrats on your best national finish, buying tires instead complaining about power works miracles [Eek!]

So all it takes or the 1.6 to sweep the podium is to put two good drivers and Taylor [Razz] in them? [duck] [flamed]

Matt
Hate that your car is messed up, It really can be a downer.

Don't know the fellow that got hurt, I hate to hear that. Hopefully he will make speedy recovery.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

MegaModerator

Didn't know Bill got hurt, hope he will be okay and back out there soon.

Drago that is unpossible! Everyone knows the 1.6 is an uncompetitive turd.
[Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Mr ED

Region: lonestar
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr ED     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bill Agha got a sprained wrist and was able to drive the remainder of the weekend. Not anything too serious luckily.
Taylor was rolling pretty good yesterday, I thought John might just let him have one....

Ed

--------------------
Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care!
ww.gilfusracing.com

trimless1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Low Budget Member

Year : 99 and 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for trimless1     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Luke, JP3, and Taylor! Sounds like you guys were all on your game this weekend and took care of business.

Too bad you couldn't edge John out for 1st Taylor. You know that would have instantly added $3000 to the sale price of your 1.6!

--------------------
Gale Corley
99 SM GRE Super Deluxe
93 SM GRE Jr. Deluxe

looks like the 10lbs really helped -- we may need to slow them back down

--------------------

I would like to apologize to the Ross, Kent and the wall for the contact

--------------------

Andy Rushing Verified Driver Series Champ
2009 NASA SM National Champion

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 5
Year : '91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Rushing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Yeah, they really might start to dominate on all those go-kart style tracks we race on for the majority of the year and where all the big championship races are... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Andy Rushing

MegaModerator

quote:

Atleast you wrecked with your friends? [Confused]

Hope the shirt fits. You got another one coming your way too.

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Rushing:
quote:

Yeah, they really might start to dominate on all those go-kart style tracks we race on for the majority of the year and where all the big championship races are... [Roll Eyes]
Like the one you won on last year? [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Chris Haldeman

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:

Atleast you wrecked with your friends? [Confused]
I dont think the wall likes him anymore [Smile] but ross and kent are fine.

Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: