Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-West » MSRH - Role Call (Page 3)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 3 of 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: MSRH - Role Call
Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
I would like to apologize to the Ross, Kent and the wall for the contact

Atleast you wrecked with your friends? [Confused]

Hope the shirt fits. You got another one coming your way too.

Yes is does -- thank you very much [Smile]

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Saturday
Qualified 3rd and finished 3rd on. Short race filled with double yellow and carnage for all of my teammates minus, myself, JP3, and Luke. Congrats to Luke on the first national win and our team for sweeping the podium.
Luke
JP3
Ferranti
Caesar
Dejarnett
York
Robinson
McCallion
Ross
Mills

Sunday
JP3 and I were able to work together in qualifying had a great run and when we came in he thought I got the pole. Turns out he got it and I would start 2nd. Start of race and John broke out and I fell back a little. I put my head down and caught back up and got a run going into the carousel and with the inside line I was able to take the lead. I led from lap 2 to lap 14. John kept the pressure on me the entire time and I got in too hot going over the launch and he was able to get by. I gathered the car, put my head down and was able to catch and put the pressure on John. Last lap I knew my strong point on him was diamonds edge, had a great run coming out and my car starved for fuel so I never got to try and pass. Congrats to John on the win! Old man can still do it.
JP3
Ferranti
McSpadden
Bickham
York
Caesar
Dejarnett
Reynolds
Carter
Haldeman

Best weekend of racing for myself ever and a greatone for our team as a whole.
Thanks to JP3 for everything. Without your help I wouldn’t be here able to do this stuff. It was really cool to sweep the podium on Saturday and even cooler that you and I were part of it since we have worked on these things since 2003. I remember showing up to the track when I was a freshman in college and had no idea this stuff even exsisted. Thanks to Blake Clements, Keith Barnes, Jesse Combs, BamBam, and Terry Clements for not letting me give up and everything you do. I can’t say thanks enough to all you guys and also to the whole PhillipsRacePrep team.

Good luck to all the folks going to Miller and/or Runoffs.

Lastly I will admit that; John, Blake, Chris H, and Drago were right in that tires are key and you just cant run on the 2005 rocks and be upset when your slow. [fight]

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Has anyone located Kent Carter's brake light bulb? It mysterously disapeared between after qualifying and before the race. Even more strange is when the grid workers started asking a few of us near Kent to prove our brake lights were working, before they walked randomly tried his.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MPR22:
Has anyone located Kent Carter's brake light bulb? It mysterously disapeared between after qualifying and before the race. Even more strange is when the grid workers started asking a few of us near Kent to prove our brake lights were working, before they walked randomly tried his.

I'm glad they found it was missing! Would have sucked to get a black flag

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

JMorris

Icon 1 posted  Profile for JMorris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So where is Dewhurst? 1.6 cars sweep in a National and he has conveniently disappeared [yep]
J~

[ 08-11-2010, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Drago ]

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Video of the start/crash

Sorry about the rear view mirror, still looking for good place to mount the camera.

http://www.yozoy.com/video/msrh-sat-turn-1-crash

--------------------
Michael Ross

Future Never Has Been

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ouch.

--------------------

Future Never Has Been

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Carter:
Just a good friend... he won't be too upset. He knows he needs to change his ways, this will help him.

It worked.

--------------------

WildBill88

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 18
Year : 99 & 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for WildBill88   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mr ED:
Bill Agha got a sprained wrist and was able to drive the remainder of the weekend. Not anything too serious luckily.
Taylor was rolling pretty good yesterday, I thought John might just let him have one....

Ed

Hand is better thumb still a little soar. Car needed a new driver side door and front left fender.

Rear end started slipping on lap three in turn one just as I dived in under Trevor and just went down hill from there till it blow up with 2 laps to go. Still was a great weekend.

Page 3 of 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: