Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Rocky Mountain » SM as Support race for IRL @ Pikes Peak

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SM as Support race for IRL @ Pikes Peak
bpanther Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA - Rocky Mountain
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just saw this on the RMDiv Forum:

I assumed details will follow. Now... if we can also setup a support race for the Denver Grand Prix, that would be beyond cool.

-d

-------------------------------------------
Pikes Peak Motorsports has signed a deal to run a support race at the IRL Race June 13-15.

Car count will be limited and all legal Spec Miatas will be eligible.

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

don wiseman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Veteran Member

Region: Rocky Mountain
Car #: 81
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for don wiseman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What's the date?

AJ 2

Region: Colorado
Car #: TBD
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AJ 2     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes - It is now official.
We will follow the IRL race on Sunday. The exact schedule and final details are still being finalized. All cars in our area have first priority and the rest of the field will be by invitation. I believe they are limiting to 45 cars. 3 rows of 15. The dates are: June 13-15. There will be only 3 series competing over the weekend. IRL, Infinity Pro Series and the Pikes Peak Motorsports Shootout (Miatas). It will be a 50 lap race. We will run the 1.3 mile roadcourse. Same as we do for the club.

Dave - To make things "beyond cool" - we ARE in negotiations for the Denver Grand Prix as well. But no final word yet... Still a possibility.

That is all I know for now.

Any further questions for now can be directed to me: alboileau@aol.com

Al Boileau
#38 SM

jfw46545 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Great Lakes
Car #: #19
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jfw46545     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

"I believe they are limiting to 45 cars. 3 rows of 15."

WOW!! 3 rows of 15, I gotta see this one!! [Smile]

[ 05-03-2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: jfw46545 ]

--------------------
SM #19
joe@tirerack.com (wholesale dept.)

"When in Rome, do as the lions. Eat people."

Justin Hall Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: sfr
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Justin Hall   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

that is very cool......

but if you want to see 45 sm's take the green just come to a scca sfr race!

--------------------
Justin Hall

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 94
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Justin, the catch is...they need to make it through the first turn too! [Razz]

AJ 2

Icon 1 posted  Profile for AJ 2     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We will have 30+ at PPIR on Memorial Day Weekend so we will see how we do in turn one...
We will also be doing, again this year, qualifying races instead of times at the Memorial day races. We all draw numbers before practice and that is where we will start the 10-12 lap qualifying race. Makes it interesting and lots of fun!!

All for now.

Al Boileau
#38 SM

Steve Johnson Verified Driver

Region: KC Region
Car #: 41
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have been wanting to run a race in CO sometime this year, and since my wife is from Ft. Collins, it would be doable. Any races close to Ft. Collins? I am from Kansas City. The Denver GP would be cool, when is that?
Thanks, Steve Johnson

Little Bill Verified Driver

Car #: 03
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Little Bill     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If the Denver GP were to happen I beleive it is over labor day weekend. Denver is an easy tow from Kansas City. Come out and play!!

Bill Hingston
#03 SM
Rm-Div

--------------------
Bill Hingston
SM#03
RM_Div

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for don wiseman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How do I get an entry for the PPIR CART weekend?

bpanther Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA - Rocky Mountain
Car #: 16
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[Smash] Oooh!!! Bad Don!

It's IRL, not CART - shame shame.

I'm sure Al will see your post, but you can send him an email directly to make sure he has your contact info.

Are you going to run the double regional at PPIR over Memorial weekend?

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

Veteran Member

Yikes- it's like the day I heard a guy ask the BFG rep if he could have a balloon ride! I'm racing in Memphis Memorial day and then bring my car out the week of the IRL race. BTW, if IRL runs the oval, is the road course able to be kept clear? (It's obvious I've never been there, although I did drive by on my way to Pueblo for the national a few weeks ago.)

AJ 2

I have the official Entry Form and Rules.

E-mail me for a packet to be sent to you with your e-mail address, name, region and info.

Questions from above:
Yes the road course will be clear for us to race on. Yes there is prize money. All the details are in the Entry Packets.

Al Boileau
alboileau@aol.com

#38 SM

[ 05-19-2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: AJ 2 ]

AJ 2

IRL RACE UPDATE:

NEW ENTRY FEE HAS BEEN ARRANGED: $300

It is now only $300!! This fee does include 3 credentials for the weekend.
Driver and 2 crew credentials. Additional credentials are still available for $75 each.

Pikes Peak Acura / Pikes Peak Motorsports are the “Contact” with PPIR so all entrant requests for more passes, questions, etc… goes thru them. I am assisting in this process.

Also in the works is: SCCA might become the sanctioning body.
SCCA or comparable insurance will be in place for this event.

ALSO - We need to start getting the official entry forms turned in ASAP.

Call Al Boileau - 303-507-4683 or Bob Boileau - 303-901-5246 with any questions.

Entries with payment by check can me mailed to:

Pikes Peak Acura
655 Automotive Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Fax entries (payment by credit card) to: 719-633-9584 Attn: Bob Boileau
Or fax to: 303-799-5855 Attn: Al Boileau
You can also call in your entry to Bob or Al at the numbers above.

As I mentioned at our informal meeting at the track on Saturday:
If we can make this event a success this year and prove what exciting, close and fun racing we provide this will assist us in getting the Denver Grand Prix this year and more events at PPIR in the future. A success this year and we will have a whole year to prepare and plan for next year, get sponsors, more prize money, etc…

That is all for now.

Al Boileau

sumdumguy

Region: SF
Car #: 99
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for sumdumguy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

any more info on this event? has SCCA picked this event up? the race is in 2 weeks right?

AJ 2

The race is sanctioned by SCCA. It will have an SCCA Pro Racing sanction number. It will only require entrants to have a Regional level license. SCCA will have officials at the track but it is not being run by SCCA. All the insurance is with SCCA.

All entries must be sent to Bob Boileau.

Call Bob Boileau with any more questions.
303-901-5246

Thanks

Al Boileau
#38 SM

f1jqcart

Icon 1 posted  Profile for f1jqcart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[ 12-19-2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: f1jqcart ]

JohnnyK

Region: Cal-Club
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JohnnyK   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The races at Laguna Seca with 50+ cars have always been fairly incident free, especially in the first corner. It can be done...

That large of a field is great because there is racing everywhere, for all positions... should be fun.

--------------------
Johnny Kanavas
www.KanavasKompetition.com | www.eprodius.com

Tony Silva Verified Driver
"The Tiger"

Region: SFR
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tony Silva     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The start of an SFR event is the same as rush hour traffic in the bay area....Right?

--------------------
Tony Silva
Atlanta Motorsports Group
http://www.atlantamotorsportsgroup.com/
Atlantamotorgroup@me.com

Scott Tranter

Region: 010
Car #: 22
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Tranter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

3 rows of 15? That must be a very wide track!
(he,he,he)

MoonDog Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Southeast 003
Car #: 44
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MoonDog     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We had 74 cars @ Laguna for the MazdaSpeed Cup!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: