Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Rocky Mountain » 2008 Miller Motorsports Race

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 2008 Miller Motorsports Race
POWERSS Verified Driver

Region: SOPAC
Car #: 81
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can anyone confirm if there is or is not going to be a race this year over Memorial day weekend?

SCCA's websites has it there under National Races but it's not on Miller's calendar nor on the Utah Club site.

--------------------
2009 SOPAC Division Champion

Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Utah
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes there will be the Great Salt race (double national] on memorial weekend. Here is the link for the RM division

http://forums.utahscca.com/showthread.php?t=5124
I hope that helps.

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

POWERSS Verified Driver

Region: SOPAC
Car #: 81
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot find any information about it in DLBRacing.com.

Have they not opened the registration on it yet?

--------------------
2009 SOPAC Division Champion

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wouldn't expect registration to open until the end of the month or first of may. I will try to post a link as soon as it does open.

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Jonlee

Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonlee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We will be receiving our sanction number Wednesday morning and then once the ladies in registration have everything loaded in DLB we will be open. We'll definitely post all the needed information once we are online.

We had over 30 at last years races, can we see 40+ this year?? Come on out if you can, it should be a great race weekend.

-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.
Drinking team with a Racing problem

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Region: SFR
Car #: 82/73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Promote it in the SFR region in Cali again and you might get the Hooverspeed MX-5 Cup crew to bring out some cars again for testing and the SM race.

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Jonlee

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonlee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Registration is now open at
http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?

We'll post more info Friday or Saturday but I wanted to get the word out that we are now live for online registration.

I hope a lot of you can make it this year. We can start 120 cars legally per GCR rules!

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll post more information RIGHT NOW!!!

Registration for the 3rd Annual Great Salt Race Double National 5/24-5/25 - Now Open!!!
Online Registration!

-

Help spread the word! Tell your friends, competitors, and other race forums you visit!

Come race the 4.5 Full track!!!

The weekends schedule will be as follows:
Friday May 23rd Test day $225 This is sponsored by Miller Motorsports Park and there is no SCCA sanction during these hours.
Jlll Giles @ MMP may be contacted directly to arrange a spot for testing. 435-277-8011 or 435-277-8008
jgiles@millermotorsportspark.com

Saturday May 24th 8:00-5:30 time limit 1st National Race
Sunday May 25th 8:00-5:30 time limit 2nd National Race
Pricing is $210 for one race and $400 for both races.

Supplemental Regulations are available at http://www.utahscca.com/index.php?option=c...select&id=1

Registration will be available online at www.DLBracing.com

Those of you that are Utah region members I hope you all can make it out to this event and witness the third attempt at a truly spectacular event. Those of you that are joining our club from out of the region we welcome you and hope you will enjoy what we have to offer!

Hotel Information
Hotels in Tooele, Utah - Approx 5-10 minutes from track
American Inn and Suites - (435) 882-6100
Best Western Inn - (435) 882-5010
Hampton Inn - (435) 843-7700
Kirk Hotel - (435) 882-1372
Villa Motel - (435) 882-4551

Hotels near SLC Airport - Approx 25 minutes from track
Courtyard Marriott Salt Lake Airport - (801) 532-4085
Residence Inn Salt Lake Airport - (801) 532-4085
La Quinta Inn and Suites - (801) 366-4444
Holiday Inn Airport - (801) 533-90000
Hilton SLC Airport - (801) 539-1515
Best Western - (801) 539-5005

Other events of interest for those of you making travel plans to join us this year will be the ALMS, SCCA Pro World Challenge races held the weekend before, and the FIM World SuperBike and AMA Superbike races the weekend after!

Tire service will be available through Lynn Heaps of Topless Performance. He is a dealer for Hoosier, Avon, Hankook, and Yokohama. If you need to arrange for him to have some tires on hand for you he may be reached at 928-636-1222 or 877-728-0914

Anyone interested in RV rental can contact SCCA member Darin Boyd for discounted rates from any US location of Cruise America RV Rentals at 801-288-0930 or dboyd [at] cruiseamerica [dot] com

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kim Ouye:
Promote it in the SFR region in Cali again and you might get the Hooverspeed MX-5 Cup crew to bring out some cars again for testing and the SM race.

I don't see that SFR has any kind of a web forum, Kim, can you point me to a place I can announce our event to SFR??

Please everyone, hep us spread the word on this great event!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Jonlee

Just a reminder that online registration will close on Sunday May 17th. After that there will be a $50 late fee so head on over to DLB and sign up!
-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Jonlee

2 1/2 days until online registration closes! Sign up now and save $50 in late fees.

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.

Heck that was a fun weekend with the track record falling both days. It was good to meet some new people and i can't wait for the next one and I think most if not all of the field was POG.

Saturday - Sunday
Ott - Underhill-Track record-3:26.378
Mckeever - Ash
Franklin - Ott
Ash - Franklin
Underhill - Dahl
Dahl - Sauls
Spirek - Paschich
Loree - Lee
Powers - Loher
Buhl - Powers

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Region: SFR
Car #: 82/73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Podium at Mosport in the TDI Cup and track record at Miller. Congrats Jimmy!

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Thank you to all who came out for the weekend!

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: