Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » Californai Speedway Results June 9-10th

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Californai Speedway Results June 9-10th
POWERSS Verified Driver

Region: SOPAC
Car #: 81
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What were the results from the race this past weekend?

I could not find anything on MYLAPS.

--------------------
2009 SOPAC Division Champion

AMS Verified Driver
Almost the worst driver in the class.

Region: OVR
Car #: 72
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AMS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

1st Tim Weaver
2nd Don Thibaut
3rd Jonathan Christian
4th Austin Christian

bc88 Verified Driver

Region: CalClub
Car #: 21
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bc88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

After the race the SOM made all the drivers bring there Log Books to TECH. The TECH inspector then walked around each car and noted any body damage in the Log Book, crossed out the Annual Inspection and said to fix everything noted before the next event. Plus you will have to get another Annual Inspection.

Bob.

John Parenteau Verified Driver

Car #: 45
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Parenteau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I overheard two officials, one at tech and one in timing and scoring saying there would be several disqualifications when it all sorted out. the Head of Tech was PISSED!!! Unfortunately (or fortunately), I was at the back of the pack so safe from too much of the action.

I'm waiting for the official results myself. Should be interesting.

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

the som decision was as follows
me, Tim weaver, and don were allowed to keep our finishing positions, But we did not receive any points or trophy because they believed we were bump drafting.

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Let you keep the positions, but remove the rewards? That's about the weirdest thing I've heard today. [Confused] [boggled]

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Christian:

?

--------------------
Just a clown

TillerTech

Region: SoPac
Car #: na
Year : 89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TillerTech     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

.=(point, without finger)

Funky to say the least.
I did not hear any scuttlebutt about the drivers banging cars and leaving debris.

John

--------------------
Miata Race glass and CF from Legacy Molds. 4 1/2# CF Hood
http://www.jnent.net

AMS Verified Driver
Almost the worst driver in the class.

Region: OVR
Car #: 72
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AMS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

From a spectator's perspective, there didn't seem to be much contact at the front of the field. I honestly couldn't comment any further back. Tim, Don, Jonathan, and Austin had an extremely close race, with several passes, and no incidents. It was one of the most entertaining races that I have seen in a long time, and it was unfortunate that these guys were not rewarded, because they most definitely deserved it. I, also, have never heard of points being taken, but not position. Seems like some one with the SCCA was having a bad day and felt like taking it out on some one else (again). I recently questioned a steward regarding contact that was absolutely avoidable, and they told me that I needed to take adrenaline into consideration (WHAT!?!?!?!) before ever approaching a steward about a similar matter. Maybe we should all use that excuse next time they try to slap our wrists for "contact".

Robert Edmison Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"Bring out zee gimp!"     - Max Mosley

Region: CSCC
Car #: 55
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Robert Edmison   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by TillerTech:
I did not hear any scuttlebutt about the drivers banging cars and leaving debris.

Another driver lost his points for contact with Sean and I. Thankfully the corner workers were on top of it. I lost my annual for allowing my rear bumper to be torn off by him.

Note to self: Stop running into the front of people with the rear of my car.

TillerTech

Icon 1 posted  Profile for TillerTech     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Robert,
After our car was written up for contact with a flying cone, I turned a deaf ear.

Next time, use 3 zipties to hold on the bumper.

John

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Parenteau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Shame on you, Robert! How dare you back into people on the track! :-)

I was warned that the National field would be dangerous at the back of the field (where I like to reside these days), but it sounds like the front had more action!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Robert Edmison   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Next time, use 3 zipties to hold on the bumper.

Thanks for the tip. It goes to show you what I know. I assumed that using the stock bolts was good enough.

TillerTech

Actually,
the front runners had a hell of a race, what I saw. Close racing and fighting for asphalt without bashing. The second group of cars also good racing with justa couple of contacts, mostly enough to lose a position or two but not one off requiring a hook.

Robert, now do you think the stock bolts are REALLY adequate? Who else lost points? I am rubbing out the rubber marks and adding one sticker.

John

--------------------

quote:
Robert, now do you think the stock bolts are REALLY adequate?

It solely depends upon whom I'm racing against. I'll switch to the 3 zip ties just to be safe. [Wink]

quote:
Who else lost points?

Just those four cars according to the "official" timing sheet posted after the race.

PS. I think this post (my 30th), means I'm now experienced enough at this message boarding stuff to have my very own avatar. Surely I wasn't ready for that sort of responsibility at 20 or even 25 posts.

TillerTech

Robert,

I didn't even pick up the results sheet.

Do we know who got into the 88 car and rearranged the right rear? Did that driver get any penalties?

John

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by John Parenteau:
Shame on you, Robert! How dare you back into people on the track!

That "R" on the shift knob is for "Race", right?

bc88 Verified Driver

Car #: 21
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bc88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Robert,

I didn't even pick up the results sheet.

Do we know who got into the 88 car and rearranged the right rear? Did that driver get any penalties?

John

The #18 Truman Pollar, lost it in turn Three. I had the choice of either hitting his door or going left . I went left and just as I passed he released his brakes and hit my right rear. I have a bent upper control arm and a bent spindle bolt. Plus I have damage to the right quarter.
Truman and I talked about it, and we both agreed it was just a racing incident. TECH noted the damage to the quarter and another area in my log book and crossed out my annual. He said I would get my annual when the car was repaired. Neither of us were given any penalties.

Bob.

POWERSS Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are there any official results posted anywhere?

--------------------

I've been waiting for the official results somewhere. No luck yet...

SpeedRacer Verified Driver

Region: Cal Club
Car #: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SpeedRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was kind of wild and wooley where I was. I had three separate moments where I thought contact was unavoidable when the person in front of me either got loose or was out of control (i.e., driving completely off track at T3 and coming back on right in front of me). I got clipped turning into T3 by yet another driver, but damage was relatively minor and contact was not intentional.

I just hope they require the Pro-7 group (and all other cars) to be as clean and tidy as they want our group to look and aren't singling us out for special treatment.

--------------------
James Irey
SM 00

TillerTech

James,

It is funny you mention the Pro7 class. Over the last couple of years we ran, we went through the same crap. Most of the cars running Pro7 look good now. It took about 3 years of this to settle down the contact and weed out the root cause problems.

In Karting, if the race director had any balls, the black flag was flying more than the green. It generally took very little time to squelch the trouble.

John

--------------------

did anybody watch the srf race? i saw a ton of nose to tail contact gong on which i didn't think you could do in those cars

I don't know if those SRF's touched but I saw a lot of nose tucking as well. I guess they only complain when body parts fly off (preferrably car body parts, not human body parts).

SpeedRacer Verified Driver

Region: Cal Club
Car #: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SpeedRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought it was kind of funny when, after running eight or nine sessions over the weekend, the tech steward looked at my white car and all the rubber marks on it and told me he really wanted me to clean up my car - really buff it out - and wrote that up in my logbook. What is my car supposed to look like after running two run groups? Silly.

--------------------
James Irey
SM 00

It couldn't hurt you to clean up a little, James. I think you need a shave, too! Did he write that up?

Still no results from the Concours d'Cal Speedway...

i wonder if i still get toyo money? hmm

results: http://calclub.com/html/html2/2007/group4n_6_10_07.pdf

POWERSS Verified Driver

Looks like Austin gets to keep his points.

--------------------

TillerTech

It looks like the penalty for contact was points?
Was any probation or other form of punishment handed out? I never saw a black flag rolled or other displayed.

John

--------------------

no other form of punishment, just loss of points, which is irrelevant because were not going to the runoffs anyway.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: