Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » L.A .Touring Car Club

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: L.A .Touring Car Club
hythloday

Region: CalClub
Icon 1 posted  Profile for hythloday     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is the LA Touring Club still around? I keep hearing good things, but it's always third hand and I don't acually know anyone who races with them.
Do they run SM? I see their decals a lot, but I don't know if they're still in business.

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do you mean T.C.R.A. out of the L.A. area?

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

Mark Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TCRA - http://www.touringcarclub.com

--------------------
Mark
http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

hythloday

Icon 1 posted  Profile for hythloday     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
TCRA - <a href="http://www.touringcarclub.com" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline">http://www.touringcarclub.com</a>

OK web site, but has anyone actually raced with this club?
I see Kevin Haywood is the points leader. He was a front runner in Arazona region a few years back. I wondered what happened to him.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I started racing with them this year. good bunch of guys to race with, we would love to have a few more spec Miatas in the field. Come join us at Willow Springs at the end of Sept.
Eric

--------------------

hythloday

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Richter:
I started racing with them this year. good bunch of guys to race with, we would love to have a few more spec Miatas in the field. Come join us at Willow Springs at the end of Sept.
Eric

Eric,
I'm thinking about it, but do I need a pro motor and pro shocks to keep up?

Actually we would prefer it if you didnt't, (have a pro motor) We all have original or crate motors. You should be right in there with us. They do not have online registration, so print off one of their forms and mail it in to sign up. Hope to see you in Sept. Eric

--------------------

khaywood Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: San Diego, AZ
Car #: SM 17
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for khaywood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hythloday, News of my demise is highly exagerated. I'm still alive and racing my SM. I still race in the AZ Region as well as with TCRA.

As Eric stated, no need for pro motors or the like with TCRA. There is no purse, no national championship. It's a club atmosphere. Fun, clean racing. Egos and immature driving aren't part of the mix. It's an inexpensive formula that lends itself to a lot of fun and close racing. The track time per dollar ratio is also quite good.

Oh yea, and no compliance fee. [Smile]

[ 08-23-2007, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: khaywood ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: