Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » 1/26 & 27 California Speedway Results

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 1/26 & 27 California Speedway Results
POWERSS Verified Driver

Region: SOPAC
Car #: 81
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any information from the race last weekend.

Did it actually occur or was it a Flood?

--------------------
2009 SOPAC Division Champion

jrw67 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: AZ
Car #: 01
Year : 93,94,95.99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jrw67     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Saturday was 1)Drennan 2)Sammy 3)J.Christian
That was what Sammy told me on the phone Sat. evening,don't know what happened on Sunday......Jim Warinner

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

drennan gapped the field both days. sunday was a gamble on the setup before the race, and it started to pour as the race started, drennan and hoover went with the full wet setup and it payed off. 1.Drennan 2.hoover 3.walker

SpeedRacer Verified Driver

Region: Cal Club
Car #: 00
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SpeedRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jonathan,
Congratulations on the Saturday podium. Looked like smart racing hooking up with R. Edmison to get you both past Hoover.

--------------------
James Irey
SM 00

Sean Yepez Verified Driver
Team Keeblerspeed

Region: SF
Car #: 94
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to the top finishers and to Mark for a great showing at his first National!

Sean

--------------------
2008 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Marc Hoover

Region: AZ/SF
Car #: 98
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Marc Hoover   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What got Jonathan and R.Edmison by me was a motor going south.

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Hoover:
What got Jonathan and R.Edmison by me was a motor going south.

Marc, tell your boy to tune that thing up!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats ok Marc i was only running on 2 cylinders and chevron fuel [burst]

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Yépez:
Congratulations to the top finishers and to Mark for a great showing at his first National!

Sean

Thanks Sean! Sorry for not replying sooner. It’s been a little hectic since returning but man, what an amazing trip! It was full of a bunch of really fun ‘firsts’ for me…
- First national races/wins - huge thanks to Jason Hoover & Hooverspeed!
- First visit to California Speedway and first ‘roval’ – fun track; especially challenging in the rain
- First time racing in rain - what a blast! (puddles/rivers/lakes = bad)
- First time I flew to a race…felt kinda cool

I can’t say enough about the genius of Jason Hoover (son of National Champion, Marc Hoover aka Mark Webber [Wink] ) Jason made the brilliant call at the last minute to put wet tires on for Sunday’s race.

It hadn’t rained all day but the bad weather, which was expected, was starting to roll in and sprinkle rain. It was pretty awesome how quickly Jason with the help of Micah and Carl, swapped tires on 4 cars. I think most cars went out on dry tires. Honestly, that’s the call I would’ve made if asked. Thankfully, I wasn’t asked, or at least Jason didn’t listen when I offered and he made the right call for me.

Although, I gotta say I was pretty much freaking out sitting on the grid for a few minutes because it had stopped raining. I could see in my side mirror that P-2 /Austin Christian’s tires looked to be an ‘intermediate’ shaved tire. I was more than a little worried. But when the 3 minute board came out, it just started pouring…hallelujah!

A big salute to my racing heroes…

Producer of Champions – Jason Hoover
- The results are undeniable - 4 races / 4 wins – you da’ Man! [yep]
- Thanks for building such an awesome car and for the top-notch support I always receive from you and your crew.

The O.G. - Marc Hoover
– Qualified on pole for Saturday’s National race and was battling for 2nd when his motor started to give up.
– 2nd place in Sunday’s National race which included the fastest race lap and an amazing puddle-induced spin where he went around 5+ times...and didn’t even loose a position.

The Zen Master - Tommy O.
- Always a class act and so much fun to be around

The Pro - Ara Malkhassian & Wife Racer Extraordinaire – Alison Malkhassian
- I’m so glad you both joined us for this trip
- Who knew a rental car could be so good at smokey burnouts [Eek!]

It was great meeting some of my fellow SOPAC SM drivers: Sammy, Vincent, Robert, Tim and a couple of the Christian’s (Austin & Bill). Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting the others I missed at our next event.

-Mark
[thumbsup]

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Drennan:

I can’t say enough about the genius of Jason Hoover [/QB]

A genius is a person of great intelligence, who shows an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work. Geniuses always show strong individuality and imagination, and are not only intelligent, but unique and innovative. The term may also be applied to someone who is a polymath, such as Goethe or da Vinci, but a polymath is generally considered a well-rounded genius, gifted in many areas, e.g. math, physics, art, poetry, etc.[1] Einstein, for instance, was a genius in physics, but not necessarily in other areas such as art or literature.

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME GUY? [Big Grin]

He does know his stuff, can't wait to see him and the Turtle in MX-5 cup this year!

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Austin Christian

Region: Southern Pacific
Car #: 30
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Austin Christian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They forgot the part where i split Drennan and Hoover in Sundays Qualifying:)....and you cant say the motor was south on sunday Hoover after the motor swap on Sat night [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: