Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » Buttonwillow - May 17-18th / Beuller? Bueller?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Buttonwillow - May 17-18th / Beuller? Bueller?
Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Come on SOPAC SM'ers - let's race! [group hug]

Just signed up for the Reg/Nat'l race at Buttonwillow May 17-18th. I really hope more of you come out to race...last month's double national turnout was alarmingly low. [help]

[soapbox]
I understand there's been a participation shift to NASA in SoCal - I get it. I just hope the SoCal region is able to support SCCA races too. Otherwise, there goes the SM-only run group (the only class with its own run group). [scratchchin]

Can I bribe anyone with beer? [tipsy] Heck, I'll even buy you all some of those cool $1.50 stickers they sell in tech [duck]

Edmison?
Christian family?
Westmoreland?
Thibaut?
Lee?
Weaver?
Barnes?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Hope to see you there!
Mark Drennan
[thumbsup]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bueller? Bueller?

Mark Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It looks like Alan and I will be carrying the flag for the Socal contingent. I haven't heard of anyone else going. I haven't entered yet though but I will here in a bit. Is anybody coming down with you Mark?

--------------------
Mark
http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Robert Edmison Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"Bring out zee gimp!"     - Max Mosley

Region: CSCC
Car #: 55
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Robert Edmison   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've already committed to run the Willow Springs event this month with most of the others. We're trying not to split the group up.

I'm kicking myself now, though. [banghead] Those free stickers are awfully enticing.

I think most of us are planning on running the June Cal Speedway event. Any chance we'll see you there?

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

going to willow springs.

Hey Robert,

So far, it's Marc Hoover and me...gonna see if others can join us.

Would love to make the June CalSpeed event but can't commit yet. Kinda depends on whether I commit to the June Sprints (Road America) or heading out to preview Topeka for their June double regional.

Y'all have fun at Willow Spring!

-Mark

Mark Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great fun was had in spite of the heat. Brutal heat, 110+, and long periods with no breeze Fri, Sat, and Sun.

I think we should start a new 'record' thread for highest in car temps. On Friday one driver had his traqmate indicate 138 degrees (not a typo!!!) in car temp. Looking at my data after the weekend, that temp was reached or exceeded many times. I think the highest datalogger temp I saw was 141. Cripes thats hot.

--------------------
Mark
http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: