Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » Buttonwillow Aug 30 & 31 - Who's Going?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Buttonwillow Aug 30 & 31 - Who's Going?
ethan666
noob

Region: SoCal
Car #: 42
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ethan666   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just about a month away. Wondering who might be coming out for this one? [Smile]

--------------------
ethan

ethan666
noob

Icon 1 posted  Profile for ethan666   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just me? NICE! My only chance to finish near the front!

Hope to see some of you there. Now I just need to start building my homemade cool-shirt setup! I'm guessing it will be blazing hot up there.

--------------------
ethan

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can't make this one, wife's 40th B-day. I tried talking her into a beautiful day spent at the track followed by a nice dinner at the Willows BBQ, but she wasn't going for it. Have fun.

Eric

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dagnabit!!! I was going to make this my first SCCA event but the wife got us a beach front condo in Carlsbad for the week. You'll be racing & I'll be at Legoland

Have fun.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

ethan666
noob

Have fun with the family you guys.

I can't skip out on this weekend, the whole year has gone by and I've only managed to do my SCCA drivers school and one NASA race. This will be my first SCCA race so I'm hoping for a good turnout! Looks like there are 10 SM's signed up so far, I think there will probably be more.

--------------------
ethan

ethan666
noob

Nice, 16 SM's signed up as of today! My new goal for the weekend: Don't finish 16th.

--------------------
ethan

ethan666
noob

112*F on Friday, 105*F on Saturday, and cooled down to a downright chilly 95*F on Sunday. Car overheated a bit on Saturday so I took a DNF, but Sunday was fine, had a crappy 1st lap but finished 9th out of 12 cars.

Hoping we can get a few more cars out for the next event! I need some more people to race with at the back of the pack!

--------------------
ethan

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by ethan666:
Car overheated a bit on Saturday so I took a DNF

What rad do you have in there?
Use WaterWetter?
Have the thermostat installed?

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

ethan666
noob

quote:
Originally posted by sn8byte:
quote:
Originally posted by ethan666:
Car overheated a bit on Saturday so I took a DNF

What rad do you have in there?
Use WaterWetter?
Have the thermostat installed?

I've actually never had overheating problems in the past, usually runs 180-190, though I haven't ever run the car on such a hot day. Probably had something to do with the 140 track temperature and me being a dumbass and drafting too closely on the long straights. Temps were fine during practice and qualifying when I was by myself.

I have the Koyo rad, water wetter, not sure about the t-stat. Whatever Clement had in there when I bought the car is still in there, I'll check.

--------------------
ethan

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: