Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » Cal Speedway June 6-7... who's going?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Cal Speedway June 6-7... who's going?
ethan666
noob

Region: SoCal
Car #: 42
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ethan666   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So I just signed up, trying to squeeze yet another weekend out of this tired motor.

Looks like we have 8 entries so far. Who else will be there? [Smile]

--------------------
ethan

Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am in if my car survives this weekend.

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

have fun guys

Im diggin the slap chop remix Ethan! [Big Grin]

HWJunkie

Car #: 78
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for HWJunkie   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm going, this is going to be my first race.

--------------------
Marc Simon

Greg Arsenault Verified Driver

Region: WDC
Car #: 54
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Arsenault     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. First race with my new car. Please, no tire marks guys [Wink]

ethan666
noob

Icon 1 posted  Profile for ethan666   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Christian:
have fun guys

Im diggin the slap chop remix Ethan! [Big Grin]

Awesome, glad you like it! It was a ton of fun to put together.

--------------------
ethan

ethan666
noob

quote:
Originally posted by HWJunkie:

First race ever? Very cool, I was in your position just a few races ago! See you there.

--------------------
ethan

HWJunkie

Icon 1 posted  Profile for HWJunkie   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by ethan666:
quote:

First race ever? Very cool, I was in your position just a few races ago! See you there.
Yep, first race ever.... Looking forward to meeting everyone. Should be a good time!

--------------------
Marc Simon

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
... trying to squeeze yet another weekend out of this tired motor.

Ethan, when that thing finally goes kablamo get a junkyard or crate 1.6 and build it to NASA SSM specs... [thumbsup] I'm dying to race with someone.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Arsenault     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

As was I. I ran my first race at BW last year and had to go build a car because it was so awesome.

x47

Region: SFR
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for x47     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am coming down from San Jose - first time at Cal Speedway.

How does the track treat tires? I understand that RA-1's are allowed in Cal Club thru July; we are now on R888's only in the San Francisco Region.

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations - cheap and by the track?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Whoops, wrong track.

For cal speed, try priceline and bid $50 or less

Easy on tires, hard on brakes.

--------------------

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Defintely try Priceline. I got a room at the Marriot for $50

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

ethan666
noob

+1 on priceline, I too got the Marriott (Ontario Airport) for $50. They charge for parking and wifi but still a really good deal, the rooms are nice.

--------------------
ethan

19 entries now? Not bad!

--------------------

dsrgr Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Las Vegas
Car #: 2
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dsrgr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got the engine swap done so add another entry to the mix. Is there any pit area where the SM guys pit together? I've raced there a couple times in the past so I'm familiar with the pit layout.

x47

Region: SFR
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for x47     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thanks for the info on the hotel - got the Ontarion Airport Hilton for $48.

Look forward to seeing you all there

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone near the back get any video of the start of Sundays race?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Richter:
Anyone near the back get any video of the start of Sundays race?

Eric, I think I was to the side of you but I'll try to post my video once I get in downloaded.
Greg

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Arsenault:
I'm in. First race with my new car. Please, no tire marks guys [Wink]

So much for that...In hindsight I'd be happy with only tire marks instead of rear quarter damage. [banghead]

Alot of damage after Sat. race. Not too many cars came back the way they left. I'll post a video soon of what happened to me.

--------------------

Here is a video of the first 3 laps of my race. Watch my mirror at the 5:45 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GycwFgvqWWc

--------------------

HWJunkie

Yep, there sure was alot of carnage in the Saturday race, I ran over a cone in Sat practice that ripped by chin spoiler off and bent my tow hook, and a cone flew up and knocked the glass out of my pass. side mirror in qualifying abut I made it thru both races without a scratch somehow and I was behind almost every one of the smashes crashes and spins and managed to avoid them. My first race weekend and I finished 10th and 7th, sorry for the last lap pass Eric, I hope you didn't think I did a dive bomb on you, I watched my video back and I was definitely in front of you before the corner... But speaking of dive bombing, that was the #88 wasn't it? That guy wa in my SCCA school, nice guy but he is a dive bomber, he blew by me at the start of the Saturday race, but I passed him shortly thereafter, and he dive bombed me in turn three on the first lap of the Sunday race and I passed him by the 4th corner and never saw him again.... Maybe someone needs to tell him to watch it? I don't know how to make the video small enough to post but if I figure it out I will...

--------------------
Marc Simon

Marc, your pass was totally clean, nice job. Yes,that was the #88 in the video.

--------------------

SWDouglass Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal. & CalClub
Car #: 27
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SWDouglass     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Its too bad about the carnage as it appeared 88's eyes were bigger than his brakes were. Been there done that. Sorry CJ!

Wasn't there comments in the past about the over-agressive driving in NASA. It appears that the over agressive driving can better be attributed to competitive cars looking for any advantage possible than the sanctioning body. [Roll Eyes]

But again, I'm sorry that cars were damaged in the ensemble. Never like to see cars taken out. Not good for the class and especially for the driver.

--------------------
31st in the nation. If I could keep the car on the track and put on the oil cap I could be in the top 20.

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That was a nice dive bomb by the 88 [boggled] looks like we missed out on a lot of carnage

Some video from Sunday's SM race. Lots for me to learn...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZBGie4nEQ

Greg

HWJunkie

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Arsenault:
Some video from Sunday's SM race. Lots for me to learn...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZBGie4nEQ

Greg

Nice video, I was right in front of you, here's the same video from my car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcx-YrL04I I didn't edit out the pace lap though... If you click on my other videos, the rest of the videos of the race are there as well as Saturday's race. This was my first race so don't make fun of my crappy starts or my driving [Smile]

--------------------
Marc Simon

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: