Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » Getting SM Approved

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Getting SM Approved
fdg

Icon 1 posted  Profile for fdg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am beginning the process of getting SM approved in SP Div. If you have any intention on running a SpecMiata in this division please contact me by private e-mail or phone at 714-921-0994.

We need to get going on this if we're to make it a class for next year.

Francis

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Excellent! oh... and congrats on volunteering to moderate this forum

Mike

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

fdg

Icon 1 posted  Profile for fdg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NP. Glad I could help. )

Francis

Todd Launchbaugh Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cal club
Car #: 13
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Launchbaugh     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cal club(SCCA in southern cal.) approved SM for the 2003 season at last night's Comp. committee meeting.

Fortunately, one of the members of the committee, Andrew Fernandez, is going to be racing one next year. He has already built one for another racer and will be building one for himself, one for sale or rent and one for me.

This gives us an instant shot in the arm.

I don't know how he did it, there were only three log books of the required 10 but there were 11 letters of interest.

Andrew was the 2001 winner of the pro 7 class(rx7s) in NASA and Cal club(scca) and he serviced many of the pro 7 cars.

Also, this effort was headed by Kevin Haywood who got the ball rolling and got about 10 of us communicating with each other.

Todd

--------------------
Todd Launchbaugh
tlaunchbaugh@lee-associates.com

bpanther Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA - Rocky Mountain
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's great news. I heard there were 9 SM's at Willow Springs last weekend, so you're off to a good start.

-dave

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

MX-5R

Region: Oregon
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MX-5R   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know what set of rules will be used. If it's still open I would suggest using SFR rules so the entire west coast will be on even ground. If you need a copy I have them posted in NORPAC area.

Dan

Todd Launchbaugh Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cal club
Car #: 13
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Launchbaugh     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is my understanding that the rules are the same as the proposed national rules.

specifically,

toyo tires, 15 by 7 wheels,

the only variation is not reguiring the hardtop. This was done to keep in line with the northern california rules.

--------------------
Todd Launchbaugh
tlaunchbaugh@lee-associates.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Launchbaugh:
the only variation is not reguiring the hardtop. This was done to keep in line with the northern california rules.

I'm trying to find a copy of the rules which say you aren't required to have a hardtop in Nor Cal (NASA or SCCA).

Someone lend some help?

thanks,
-dave

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

MX-5R

Region: Oregon
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MX-5R   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The complete rules as adopted by San Fran Region (SCCA) and Ore region are posted in the NorPac area.
Dan

quote:
Originally posted by MX-5R:
The complete rules as adopted by San Fran Region (SCCA) and Ore region are posted in the NorPac area.
Dan

I see it now..... I kept reading "must" when it says "may".

Thanks,
-dave

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: