Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » PIR Double National Canceled (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: PIR Double National Canceled
Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Snyder:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Burgoon:
Assuming it's just rebar, try to cut a deal with the track. Flaggers are a low tech alternative to lights. Missing wall is just rumor at this time.

Transparency FTW.

And I'm totally shocked that Lance let Rob make the "Flaggers are a low tech alternative to lights." statement without comment. You're getting soft in your older age.

Jerry

Unfortunately everything I wanted to say would have started a flame war and that would not be a good example to set. It's pretty obvious from this thread Rob is doing everything he can to trash SCCA from national to local officials and even the low tech alternatives that work on corners. Hopefully SCCA gets with the times and replaces us low tech alternatives with the high tech lights to better serve folks like Rob.
Take a chill pill Lance, flaggers are absolutely low tech. That's one of the best things about them. Low tech == less to go wrong. I don't see a yellow light being missing as a showstopper (unless you are at infineon...).

And besides, I was just telling one of the AZ guys in pm that I love lots of things about the SCCA and what it's doing to try to change. I really like the staff in my region and Drago's new engine rules are fantastic.

If I really hated the SCCA, I'd simply ignore it. But when I really start warming back up to it, something silly like this happens.

A letter that simply says "no race this weekend" doesn't really cut it for me. I'd like to hear the following:

- what went wrong
- what options were explored to resolve it
- what steps will be taken to try to prevent this happening again.

It may be a club, but we are still customers of sorts.

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
I miss Bernie.

Me too. His close up mug shot was great. Was he banned in Boston?

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Utah
Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
NASA raced there last weekend.
Surprize, surprize.
Not surprising at all to me. Nasa ran thier 2009 national championships with only 1 flagger per corner and some empty stations... as a local to MMP I found the safety/staffing level of what is supposed to be a Premier event quite lacking... especially considering the car counts per group

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
quote:
Assuming it's just rebar, try to cut a deal with the track. Flaggers are a low tech alternative to lights. Missing wall is just rumor at this time.

Transparency FTW.

And I'm totally shocked that Lance let Rob make the "Flaggers are a low tech alternative to lights." statement without comment. You're getting soft in your older age.

Jerry

Unfortunately everything I wanted to say would have started a flame war and that would not be a good example to set. It's pretty obvious from this thread Rob is doing everything he can to trash SCCA from national to local officials and even the low tech alternatives that work on corners. Hopefully SCCA gets with the times and replaces us low tech alternatives with the high tech lights to better serve folks like Rob.
Take a chill pill Lance, flaggers are absolutely low tech. That's one of the best things about them. Low tech == less to go wrong. I don't see a yellow light being missing as a showstopper (unless you are at infineon...).

And besides, I was just telling one of the AZ guys in pm that I love lots of things about the SCCA and what it's doing to try to change. I really like the staff in my region and Drago's new engine rules are fantastic.

If I really hated the SCCA, I'd simply ignore it. But when I really start warming back up to it, something silly like this happens.

A letter that simply says "no race this weekend" doesn't really cut it for me. I'd like to hear the following:

- what went wrong
- what options were explored to resolve it
- what steps will be taken to try to prevent this happening again.

It may be a club, but we are still customers of sorts.

Have you called Arizona Region SCCA with those questions Rob? Those are legit, but the vast majority of posts on this thread have been inflammatory in some way towards SCCA, the officials and the region. There has been much more trashing of SCCA then actually hunting for a timeline or what happened.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Have you called Arizona Region SCCA with those questions Rob? Those are legit, but the vast majority of posts on this thread have been inflammatory in some way towards SCCA, the officials and the region. There has been much more trashing of SCCA then actually hunting for a timeline or what happened.

I have contacted several officials, and the response has been the same as posted on the AZ website, which lacks some critical details. Draw your own conclusion.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm not drawing any conclusions until more information is brought forward, currently there is much lacking.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hmmmm, 77,000 NASCAR fans paying out the nose for seats or 200-300 club racers. Hmmmmm, what to do, what to do.

[ps, nothing low-tech about humans, show me a machine with judgment]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

[ps, nothing low-tech about humans, show me a machine with judgment]

Don't hurt yourself.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/low-tech

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/technology

"The application of science, especially to industrial or commercial objectives."

--------------------

nealspens Verified Driver

Region: Rio Grande
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nealspens   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was just posted on the AZ forum that the catch fence was up for the NASA event. PIR just started tearing up the facility this week. I also called PIR personally, and was told that all three decision makers who could field my questions were out of town. They took my name and number and said someone would contact me. Any bets on whether or not anyone from PIR ever called back?

Neal Frank

Ok, some credit to the AZ region. They posted more of the story with the photo.

http://www.azscca.com/NewsEvents/index.cfm?NEWS=NE_12232009084247189851

That's a step in the right direction.

--------------------

POWERSS Verified Driver

Region: SOPAC
Car #: 81
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The catch fence was not up during the NASA race the previous weekend.

--------------------
2009 SOPAC Division Champion

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yep, my perception of NASA, right or wrong, is they kinda hold their breath, cross their fingers, and hope nothing bad happens.

seege Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal
Year : Thinking on that.... ok done 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for seege     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Yep, my perception of NASA, right or wrong, is they kinda hold their breath, cross their fingers, and hope nothing bad happens.

That perception would be wrong.

--------------------
-CJ Johnson

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: