Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » update from Phoenix

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: update from Phoenix
True North

Region: Arizona
Car #: #7
Year : 2000
Icon 1 posted  Profile for True North     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well.....what an amazing weekend full of fast cars, fun times, good conversation and some really great driving!!
I am pleased to say that we had only one incident with the Spec Miata's all weekend and unfortunately it was for the lead but other than that, everyone did a great job.
I want to personally thank all of those out of region racers, Tyler Vance, Clement Lee, Phil and Randy Cummings, Jess Heitman, Sammy Valafar, Mark Franklin, Rob Burgoon, Chuck Mathews, Neal Frank, John Elder and Curtis Gong that were able to join us in sunny Arizona. The weather was perfect (70's) all four days and a lot of new friends were made.
Congratulations goes out to Jess Heitman and Rob Burgoon for the wins on Sunday and Monday respectively. From what I understand this was Rob's first national win and I saw it first hand because I was the car behind him for the entire race. Great job to both of them.
Thank you again from the Arizona Region.

--------------------
Race hard,
Dean Busk
Az Region
Commercial Brokers, Inc
True North Private Equity Group

Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Dean, it was indeed my first national win.

Race Engineering horsepower made it happen, along with Josh the fishguy helping me learn the line the line.

Big thanks to the sponsors: Race Engineering, 949 Racing, Nitto Tire, and the Town House Motel in Lancaster.

A more detailed race report and some video can be found here:

http://www.trackhq.com/forums/f2/first-scca-national-win-3741/

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: