Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » race equipment shops in LA

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: race equipment shops in LA
Mark Franklin Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Colorado
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Franklin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi,

I'm from the Denver, Colorado area where there is very little in the way of shops to try on race safety equipment (suits, shoes, etc). We have a couple of shops, but since the recession, they have no inventory.

I'm traveling to Pasadena, CA this weekend and have time to do some shopping. Do you have any suggestions for race shops in the Pasadena/LA area? I know of Sube Sports, but was hoping for something a little closer to Pasadena, where I'm staying.

Thanks,
Mark

--------------------
SM #25 RMD

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark;
There is WERKS II in Burbank but I think they may be up at Streets of Willow this weekend.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Brian Linn Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cal Club
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Linn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There is The Racers Shop in Redondo Beach- web page
not that close to Pasadena, but better than going to Sube. Also, I think they are M-F, so you may be out of luck on the weekend.

If you do go, they have an incredible group of cars that they've restored and maintain - lots of vintage stuff, old F1 cars, Ferrari's. Pretty cool stuff if they let you look around. FastCarsLtd

--------------------
Brian Linn
2007 Mark Donohue award winner

SpecCanuck

Region: 18 Land of Lakes
Car #: 007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SpecCanuck   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Also near Redondo beach a Simpson Racing Corporate store.

Simpson World West
1405 West 240th Street
Harbor City, CA 90710

You can watch them sew your suit.
Great service, in store specials
Only thing is we stayed too late shopping
and spent twice as long on the freeway leaving
compared to going.

Mark Franklin Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Colorado
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Franklin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks guys! I will actually have time on Friday, so will try the Racers Shop and Simpson store then. This is just the information I wanted.

Mark

--------------------
SM #25 RMD

Brian Linn Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cal Club
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Linn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you fly into LAX, both places are reasonably close. I would call The Racers Shop just to see what they stock - it's been a few years since I've been there. I would hate for you to get there to find that they are low on inventory.

I figured that Simpson had closed that place when the moved to NC - good to know.

--------------------
Brian Linn
2007 Mark Donohue award winner

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: