Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South Pacific » This was posted by khaywood on the other site.

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: This was posted by khaywood on the other site.
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CalClub Comp Committee has received letters of intent and logbooks for only three SMs. More are needed for that region to approve the SM class. If you have any interest in competing in CalClub's events please contact Tom Neely ASAP.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

S T Racing Ent, LLC

Region: SoPac Region
Car #: 19, 57, 1, 13, 20, 97
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for S T Racing Ent, LLC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We were told that the cars needed a log book and a letter of intent by the beginning of November. Are car will be ready for a logbook next week and we plan to run the Dec.1-2 event with TCRA so you can count four cars.

P.S. Members of the Arizona Region have told me that they would give the SM's a regional class if we could field four cars on a regular basis. I have got one car, three more muskateers needed.

--------------------
Steve
STRE / S T Racing Ent, LLC.
1440 W. 10th Pl., Suite 1
Tempe, AZ 85281

480-225-0919
480-961-8819

stre57@earthlink.net

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

On the "other site" khaywood announced SOPAC is allowing Spec Miatas for the 2002 season. Can anyone verify this for me ?

Thanks and Congratsulations!
Mike

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

S T Racing Ent, LLC

Region: SoPac Region
Car #: 19, 57, 1, 13, 20, 97
Year : 90
Icon 14 posted  Profile for S T Racing Ent, LLC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just got back from two weekends of testing with the new PSM for Ernie Becker at Willow Springs and Buttonwillows and while I was in L.A. we recieved word that Cal Club had indeed approved the class for 2002. AZ region said they would field the class if we could get a consistent car count of four per event.

P.S. The new car was on the pole by half a second at the Saturday TCRA race at Willow Springs. Great to see all of the SM's out there.

--------------------
Steve
STRE / S T Racing Ent, LLC.
1440 W. 10th Pl., Suite 1
Tempe, AZ 85281

480-225-0919
480-961-8819

stre57@earthlink.net

bpanther Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA - Rocky Mountain
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by S T Racing Ent, LLC:
The new car was on the pole by half a second at the Saturday TCRA race at Willow Springs.

Steve,

What qual and race times were being run by the SM's?

Thanks,
-dave

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

khaywood Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: San Diego, AZ
Car #: SM 17
Icon 6 posted  Profile for khaywood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To clarify the class status, CalClub (not "SOPAC") approved the SM class for 2002. This is provisional approval in that the club is looking for an average car count of 5 per event over the season.

SMs will be running in the same group as IT cars.

khaywood Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: San Diego, AZ
Car #: SM 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for khaywood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by datatech:

Steve,

What qual and race times were being run by the SM's?

Thanks,
-dave

I believe the fast time was in the 1:45 range. Look for the results at www.touringcarclub.com any day now(?).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: