Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » Rose Cup Miata Races Sponsored by MiataCage.Com (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: Rose Cup Miata Races Sponsored by MiataCage.Com
W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Mike...

Be careful out there. 32 registered for Novice CW!! Looks like a fun weekend! Where are all the Oregon SM hotshoes? Need someone to explain to me the diffence between CSM (aka Jeff Clark) and SM as it relates to Confence racing?

Enjoy!!

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Mr. Walker Verified Driver

Region: NW
Car #: 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Walker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To put it in the most simplest of terms CSM has a Claimer on the Motor, this keeps the Pro Built Motors out since we all know what they cost compared to a Mazda factory crate motor. Our Claimer $$$$$
Now its up to the driver to get the most out of his or hers car.

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by terrell garrett:
still wish randy could race. he needs a nickname.

Randy can come out to play again when Mr. Bank Account says OK. [Smile]

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Twenty-three in SM so far on motorsportreg.com guys. With a couple other stragglers we could be at 25+. This is gonna be GREAT!!!

One question I have- why is the defending ITA champ not running ITA? [scratchchin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Crikey, I think Pat's come out of retirement!

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Newton:
One question I have- why is the defending ITA champ not running ITA? [scratchchin]

Maybe he wants to get home before Monday....

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Towey and Chuck have registered, but I hear there's one more celeberty planning to run with us. I'm hoping for 30. Uh oh, only 17 in SRF... It IS the year of the SM in Oregon region.

Going to have a good ol' regional race or two among old friends.

BBQ (actually catered sandwiches this time) is on Saturday.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

misterwaterfallin

Region: Northwest
Car #: 07
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Its gonna be a good time for sure. Im assuming that there will be a SM corral like usual? I probably wont be getting to the track until early friday and I dont wanna be stuck in the boonies

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good question! I heard maybe the paddock is in the south lot for RC and we get to set up in the trees ...

Any word on that? Are we paddocked in the infield or outfield this time?

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Enduro addict

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like we're going to be packed into the inside.

http://www.oregonscca.com/media-library/documents/rosecup/confltrjune2009email.pdf

--------------------

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm working with Todd and Dell on this. I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Gold Member

Okay, here's the deal. I tried to keep us off the grass as we still don't know how much rain we'll get over the weekend. Dell is a great guy and knows we are easy to work with... so we're going to fit all our crap into a small area where Bockman/Schrader/Jatterbu/Hand paddock.

Please send me you paddock requirements immediately.

Please assume you'll park any vehichles (motorhomes, P/U Trucks that aren't explicitly needed for doing your thing in the adjacent grass/gravel.

So, I'm hoping that a lot of us can share spaces with one or two support trailers like Gary and co. do. And a lot of the rest of us can take up a half space and park your driver nearby. Let me know what you can do and we'll make it work.

If you don't get back to me you may end up parking in the grass as T/A has the whole east side of the paddock!!!

Thanks!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

David de Regt Verified Driver

Car #: 47/479
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My dad and I can squeeze into just using his enclosed trailer and then 2 spots for our cars. Kyle can probably also squeeze in with a spot next to us and cram shit into the same trailer, but I don't want to commit for him.

--------------------
My Spec Miata Build Sheet - Hope people find it useful
 -

Gold Member

Oh, I will be at the track Wed at 3pm. I need as much equipment as possible to be there as soon as possible.

Dell cannot stop folks from ripping down our tape so having cars, flatbeds or any other equipment parked in our spaces will be a big help to keep our spaces.

I know the WA folks won't be here till Thursday night or Friday morning, so please do anything you can to help me in my quest.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Gold Member

Thanks David, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Got your PMs Kyle, Keith, and Geoff.

To be more clear, let me know how many 20x12' spaces you'll need. Kyle and Keith I got yours. Geoff, do you need 1 or 2 20x12?

Thx!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Kyle Freiheit

Car #: #78 sorry Terrell
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce,
I will try to be down in the afternoon on thursday. We all appreciate your help, THANKS!!

Kyle

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce,

If I understand correctly I should have my car there Wednesday afternoon to claim my single car space. I keep forgetting to send you a check so remind me I owe you money so I will pay you this weekend.

A thought is maybe we park some cars sideways to block two spaces for the Washington guys. Don't know if this is ok but I am willing to try. Also, I'll block a couple of spaces with my trailer and maybe my children.

Kyle,

After two failed attempts at getting a car number I have decided that #8 is mine. Don't worry about taking #78.

Everyone else,

Be warned that I am taking #8 and have the firepower to defend it. Seriously, please give me a break so I don't have to continue changing the number. It's really a pain in the ????

Randy stopped by the house this evening and since he is working corners this weekend I traded him green chile for a black flag on Keith. Steal my number and I'll give him more chile for your demise!

Terrell

--------------------
terrell garrett

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by David de Regt:
My dad and I can squeeze into just using his enclosed trailer and then 2 spots for our cars. Kyle can probably also squeeze in with a spot next to us and cram shit into the same trailer, but I don't want to commit for him.

Dave, did you get the new motor yet? I'm not showing if you did. [Wink]

Actually, I'm already suffering withdrawals. Updates please.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

Pack Fodder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Terrell,
If you're making bribes for black flags, I'm taking one of the 8's off my car. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Kyle Freiheit

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JimEli:
quote:
Originally posted by David de Regt:

Dave, did you get the new motor yet? I'm not showing if you did. [Wink]

Actually, I'm already suffering withdrawals. Updates please.

I don't think so, his other motor just left on its return route. Good/Bad news is that his back up motor made more power than his "Pro" motor.....

Jim.... you should find a way to make it to this race....COME ON Sensei!!!!

Kyle

Kyle Freiheit

quote:

Kyle,

After two failed attempts at getting a car number I have decided that #8 is mine. Don't worry about taking #78.

Terrel

Sorry man, Feeling your pain... I have changed my number almost every weekend I have raced.

That being said, why can't you be the only car without a number or maybe just a symbol, the car formerly known as 78 [Smile]

Kyle

Gold Member

Terrell, you don't have to be there Wednesday, but it would sure help the cause if you could bring it out.

I'll be there Wed at 3pm to plot out our spot, and Ken will be there at about 4pm, so I can go home and get my car. I think there will be enough SM people there Thursday at practice to fend off the claim jumpers.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Randy Thieme

Car #: 51
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Randy stopped by the house this evening and since he is working corners this weekend I traded him green chile for a black flag on Keith. Steal my number and I'll give him more chile for your demise!

Terrell

Terrell out with brakes once. Keith out with a smoke bomb once. Maybe I should take bribes NOT to black-flag. [scratchchin] [rolling on floor laughin]

Dudley Redhead

Car #: 01
SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce; Jim Graffy needs space for 24' trailer and car. also room to allow parking of trailer with motor home. motor home can be parked elsewhere.

also if needed i am available wedseday and thursday to help out in parking space needs, call me if you need the help.

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Car #: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark de Regt:
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Newton:

Maybe he wants to get home before Monday....
Who's that? [Big Grin]

I would like to get home before Monday, but you might still have a chance at convincing me to sign up for ITA.

How many are in for ITA?

Tom

Tom's Double O Verified Driver

Car #: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom's Double O     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce,

First, I want to thank you for doing this for your fellow SM peeps. Your are AWESOME!

If possible, it would be great if there's enough room to park my 28" trailer(32' including hitch) and the SM.

The family and I should arrive late afternoon/early evening on Thurs.

Thanks,

Tom

Team Cochran Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Member For Rent

Car #: 80
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Team Cochran     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce- one 20x12 spot is enough, but I'd like to be able to park the van either there or very close for the family to hang out in. I'll try to bring out some canopies to claim my spot this afternoon. I'll bring the Mazdaspeed flag string too, that should help.

--------------------
Geoff
SM 80

Gold Member

All,

We have all our spaces saved. I tried to give everyone as much space as requested and guessed on the rest. If you arrive tomorrow during the day, just look for the Miatas.

If you can't figure out where to park, please call my cell at 503-704-7718.

I've arranged everyone in groups that made sense to me, loosely based on who is working out of enclosed trailers and who's not. Please work with those in your groups to determine how you arrange your paddock within the group. Here's the layout from West to East.

In it for the money group - 8 double spaces
Brian Richards
Jordan
Gary Bockman
Joey Atterbury
Kristine Craine
Chris Klein
Eli Cuevast
Will Schrader

Rock and a hard place group - 2 double Spaces
Matthew Watterfall
Andy Robottom

Way 2 serious Group - 6 doiuble spaces
Ken Sutherland
Bruce Wilson
Brian Towey
Chuck Hall
Jonny Davies
Cindy Lux
Tyler Blake

Banner Group - 3 double spaces
Matt Schultz,
Geoff Cochran,
Pat Newton

Will work for tires group - 4 double spaces
Keith
Terrell
Jim Graffy
Austin Smith

Gotta Wear Shades group - 5 double spaces
Mark deRegt
David deRegt
Kyle
Tom

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

misterwaterfallin

Car #: 07
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thanks for puttin this all together bruce. see ya friday morning

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

Enduro addict

Thanks Bruce! We'll be there around 4-4:30 today if everything goes right.

P.S. HOLY CRAP we've got 28 cars? This is gonna be great!

--------------------

Pack Fodder

Right on Pat! Glad you could make it after all!

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Pack Fodder

Oooh... I just noticed I'm tied for 3rd in ITA season points with Eli. I'm calling you out beotch!! You better be racing this weekend and not mowing the lawn! [Big Grin]

(This has me considering selling blood so I don't have to take July off. [scratchchin] )

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Enduro addict

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
Oooh... I just noticed I'm tied for 3rd in ITA season points with Eli.

Bring your A-game son. Freiheit, both De Regts and myself are running ITA this weekend. Maybe even 2008 ITA Champ Ferrara if we can get him off his kiester. [Wink] [duck]

--------------------

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
I'm calling you out beotch!! You better be racing this weekend and not mowing the lawn!

We need more of this kind of talk on this forum. Beotches.

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Kyle Freiheit

Steve.... do you really want more of that? Then pull the sand out of your axe wound and come racing with us this weekend..... [Smile]

Kyle

[ 06-11-2009, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Freiheit ]

David de Regt Verified Driver

Car #: 47/479
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The battle for ITA supremacy begins saturday.

--------------------
My Spec Miata Build Sheet - Hope people find it useful
 -

Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I figured I'd stay at home to give you slow guys a chance at an ITA win. [Smile]

--------------------

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by PedalFaster:
I figured I'd stay at home to give you slow guys a chance at an ITA win. [Smile]

INVALID AVATAR DETECTED.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

Todd Butler

Car #: SRF 73
Year : Chassis 308
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Butler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You folks all owe Bruce a huge round of thanks (he might appreciate beer more tho!) He ducked out of work early yesterday, found, acquired, and defended your paddock spaces out there!.

Todd
RRD

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And we thank him. There's a lot of SM cars out there.

YEE HAH!

--------------------
terrell garrett

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce rocks!

Kyle Freiheit

bruce..thank you thank you thank you.

Mark, Thank you as well.

So what do you like to drink????

Kyle

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Oooh... I just noticed I'm tied for 3rd in ITA season points with Eli. I'm calling you out beotch!! You better be racing this weekend and not mowing the lawn! [Big Grin]

(This has me considering selling blood so I don't have to take July off. [scratchchin] )

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA.

.....Sorry Eli, had to. Love ya buddy.

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Enduro addict

First day's bloopers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mUC7eTY09o

--------------------

Is your car set up loose on purpose?

--------------------

Jeff Clark Verified Driver

Car #: 07, 74
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Clark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Loose is fast!

If that's the case, then Pat's car appears to be set up a little too fast. [Smile]

--------------------

Enduro addict

Car is fine, driver was a dumbass. ;-). SM race 1 in 30 mins. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Chris Klein

Region: North West
Car #: 386
Year : 1994, 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Man that not bad at all compaired to what I did on the test day Thursday! Driving too much in my mirrors with Trans AM cars on the track... It would be shorted to post the video when I was on the track... but thankfully I was taking video!

--------------------
Chris Klein

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Does anyone have any video of me? I would like to try and find out why I am so, so slow. It's starting to frustrate me.

Also, I'm organizing an exorcism to rid my car of the last half of the race engine missing demons.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: