Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » Oregon Region single regional aug 8/9 roll call

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Oregon Region single regional aug 8/9 roll call
misterwaterfallin

Region: Northwest
Car #: 07
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just got done registering for the regional next weekend, and saw like 6 others in SM and only 1 other in ITA. are we expecting a low turn out for this weekend?

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Must be the website was a little slow in updating. The SM count jumped to 10 now from just 5 last Friday.

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm out; car's still broken. [Frown]

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm out; bank account's still empty. [Razz]

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

misterwaterfallin

Car #: 07
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Thieme:
Must be the website was a little slow in updating. The SM count jumped to 10 now from just 5 last Friday.

I saw that too. I was hoping for a decent sized field. Should be a fun time none the less, and great weather this weekend

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Okay, I guess I'll have to enter just so you guys can fantasize that someone wants to come out and play with you.

Put the car on the dyno this morning and still don't really know what's wrong. Replicated the missing problem 5 times. Changed a few things, didn't help. Unhooked and rehooked the ECU (mine is a wierd number and they didn't have one to try) and the problem dissappeared for two runs. I am trying to get a used ECU before the weekend in hopes that it is the problem.

Does anyone have a spare B6AW ECU they want to sell?

If it isn't the ECU I'm out of ideas except that it is ignition related as the tach swings wildly just before it starts cutting out. RPMs are between 6,000 and 7,000 and the engine has to be hot as in racing hot.

I can make it fine through the sprint but about half way through the race the gremlin appears.

--------------------
terrell garrett

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've got all the parts you need to swap Terrell. Please post your issue in the garage forum and let's get this thing figured out! Tach swings wildly is interesting, so go post that where we can get a couple hundred people thinking about it. If you won't I will [Smile]

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Car #: 94
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd Butler will be there in my car. I'll be driving his SRF.

Rumor has it that Sean Hedrick and Brian Towey will be there in the Miatacage cars as well. Add Joey to the reg list and it's looking like 12+ cars for SM.

Ken

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ken, the only way I can beat you is if you wreck or drive SRF. I guess I can only dream of the day. . .

What happened to Gary, Eli, Keith, etc.? I can't make the October race due to hunting obligations (it's my annual personal discussion with God at 12,500 feet in New Mexico). It's a bummer they won't be there.

Bruce, are you coming by? I would love to have access to that wierd ECU in case mine craps out. Better yet, drive my car. It's the only way it will place in the top 3. It made 115 on the dyno.

Terrell

--------------------
terrell garrett

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck this weekend guys and girls! See you all out there soon.

And T... Good to know you sorted that problem with the ignition. Next time we're heading into T10 last lap mirror to mirror it WILL be a race to the line. [thumbsup] (I just hope you make it through the next two turns so you can watch me kicking your ass. [yep] ) I know how much you enjoy trying to beat me so I'm equally determined to make you work for it! It may just be about s*** talking rights for us but I fully intend to keep the rightaway. [Razz]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Keith, since you are too lame to come play this weekend I replaced you with Mr. Waterfall today. He kept beating me on lap times but I passed him in the ITA sprint and then he went off so he couldn't pass my sick car.

Randy and I are switching cars tomorrow morning for the SM sprint. Either he is going to just leave me in exhaust fumes or we are going to have one heck of a race. I'll vote for the race. We have agreed to dog along for the first two laps to get to know each other's cars and then all bets are off: May the fastest man win! Should be a blast.

Terrell

--------------------
terrell garrett

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Right on! I was really hoping for your sake that ditching the lamp cord was the ticket but swapping cars sounds like a kick! Glad to hear Randy is back too. Been so out of touch I don't know who's up to what.

Fortunately the weather was kind to me this weekend so I'm about to pass a key milestone on my little home repair and improvement project. Really did suck though thinking about how much I'd rather be on the track than the roof. Haven't fallen off the ladder though...yet. [Razz]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

jatterbu Verified Driver

SMIM: AIM: advanwrx86
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jatterbu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This weekend was awesome and so was the racing! I know that myself and Will Schrader had quite the race during the main Regional on Sunday. By far the best last 2 laps I think that I've had yet! I'll let the video speak for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py68a5mIQJM

--------------------
Joey
Car #69
White and Red
http://www.joeyatterbury.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: