Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » March 6-7 SCCA Race at PIR Roll Call (Page 4)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 4 of 4 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: March 6-7 SCCA Race at PIR Roll Call
Mr. Walker Verified Driver

Region: NW
Car #: 18
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Walker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith,

Here is my Short version of my 2 Cents.

If you do NOT show up to race You can not Post ON this Website for 1 year.

The rest know what i am talking about.

John W.

Jim Graffy Verified Driver

Region: NW / OR
Car #: 01
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Graffy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Do you know where that can be found in the GCR? and will my car get an annual with out it? [/QB]
GCR 9.1.8.C.8.d, Page 545

As noted by others, the Annual Tech is primarily a safety inspection. You may get by with the non-compliant SM mirror configuration if you still meet 9.3.35, Page 79. Don't point it out to the Tech Inspector. But now that we know about it.... You will want to get it corrected soon. I've got a spare passenger side mirror I threw into the trailer.

Jim
Jim

misterwaterfallin

Region: Northwest
Car #: 07
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think I may just go pick one up if I can find one at a wrecking yard in the area to be safe. The car needs one anyway. damn rule changes

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Noted Mr. Walker. I'll treat that with all the consideration I think it merits.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Poor Keith is getting picked on. Seriously, we just want to see you have a little fun so come on down, we'll fix your car, and have a beer. The earlier today the better as we don't want to have to work on it until late tonight. If you get here by noon we'll be done by 3 or 4 pm. Also, while you are not looking I'll make a few quiet modifications to your camber. Plus 3 degrees ought to do it.

Terrell

--------------------
terrell garrett

Chris Klein

Region: North West
Car #: 386
Year : 1994, 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And a bunch of toe-out in the left front!

--------------------
Chris Klein

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So? What happened today?

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Crusher

Region: NW
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Crusher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce Wilson won the March opener.

--------------------
Learning the ropes fron Davies,Towey,Sutherland and Hall

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Bruce! I believe that's his first ORSCCA win.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice. Congrats Bruce!

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW - What an incredible three days. A huge thank you to SCCA Oregon for an absolutely fantastic school. The nearly 4 hours of track time was exhausting but very rewarding.

Special thank you to Geoff, Bruce, Ken, Will, Brian, Tom and others for making me feel so very welcomed. And to Terrell for putting up with me in the adjacent paddock. We had a great race for a while. (Keith, you missed a great weekend!)
-------
Entry fees: $600. Lodging $240. Gas $185. -

Obtaining a competition license at 62 and finishing my first race - PRICELESS!!!

I'll never forget it - See ya on the track -

Bill
'91 SM #38

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 94
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bill is right, the school was fantastic! Once again Brian Towey found ways to improve the school. Putting additional instructors at the corners and allowing instructors to stay on coarse with the students for both days were great changes.

I think we had the best prepared group of students I've seen in my 9 years of instructing. by the time their first race came around on Sunday I was comfortable they weren't going to be surprised by the close racing/passing.

Great job Brian!

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How many other regions can say that somebody who pretty much "retired" from auto racing three years previous still comes back and organizes great schools? OR-SCCA really is something special. We're gonna miss you guys. [Frown]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just to let everyone know, we didn't have the BBQ due to the tight schedule. Lori has informed me that we intend to resume the BBQs in April, where according to KGW and Accuweather we are on for another scorcher of a weekend. I still can't believe I was drenched (in sweat) just suiting up and getting to pregrid. Just goes to show you that whatever the weather forecast says, it's always ten times nicer at the racetracik!!!!

Great school Brian!!! I have a feeling I will pay bigtime for my lack of involvmemnt again [Big Grin]

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Page 4 of 4 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: