Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North Pacific » May 7-9 SCCA

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: May 7-9 SCCA
terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Region: nw
Car #: 8 is great
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who's coming?

--------------------
terrell garrett

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for terrell garrett     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My car (with Keith at the wheel) bent #4 intake valve. It was already scheduled into Loynings so no harm, no foul. I knew it was on its last leg. I'll know later today whether or not the piston joined the party.

Taking advantage of the situation we need to rename Keith. After all, he is the only one I know that blew two engine heads in one weekend. Suggestions?

On another subject a friend of mine has Thunderhill rented the Monday after Laguna Seca. Multiple run groups and passing in all corners. It's probably about $170.00 for the day and you can easily get 4 hours of track time. Let me know if interested and I'll get you signed up. I'm going to fly down after Rose Cup and rent a SM car for the day.

Terrell

--------------------
terrell garrett

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm out, at least until the NWR Memorial Day double. Need to do lots of major surgery on my car, and my chief mechanic is AWOL until mid-May.

Jim Graffy Verified Driver

Region: NW / OR
Car #: 01
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Graffy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in Regional only, SM and ITA

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm doing the ProDrive test day the 6th. No chicane - Woo hoo!

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

Randy,is your car fixed?

I'm going to pick up mine right now. Rumor has it that it's not a race motor but a whole lot better than it was. Maybe now I can keep up with Jim in the straights. Although he's still a much better driver than I am, at least for now!

I'm going to try and learn how to run it this weekend with the Conference boys. 30 cars in the run group. Should be exciting.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Randy Thieme

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by terrell garrett:
Randy,is your car fixed?

Nope. Test day will be just that - a test day.

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

The car is fixed! Thanks to Randy, Ken, Automotive Electrical Specialties, and Doug at Loynings. It ran 7th out of 17 in Conference today. Would have been 5th except for me dropping half the car into the hole in 7 and then totally sideways in 10. Driver error cost 2 spots. Qualified 2.6 seconds behind Gary.

Bruce, I need the name of your body guy. It's time to make it pretty. Yee hah!!!

--------------------
terrell garrett

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Holy crap good job man!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Car #: 94
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job Terrell! I'm glad to hear you got your car fixed too!

Gary who? [Smile]

Kyle Keenan Verified Driver
Pass right

Region: OR, NWR
Car #: 44
SMIM: AIM: KKRProducts
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Keenan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Terrell ran awesome this weekend!

I'm out for this race, I have the funds (for once) but I want to make Rose Cup my big one. Been at the track watching the Rose Cup since I was 4, it's been my dream to compete during this weekend and I'm looking forward to it!

P.S Ken thanks for letting Jon Z and I borrow some tires for our Auto-X last weekend!

--------------------
Driver, #44 Spec Miata
ColdTrackDays.com

Dudley Redhead

Car #: 01
SMIM: 2009 Ore. Region Crew Chief of the Year 2010 Ore. Region ITA Champion
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dudley Redhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great job. Looking for you next month

--------------------
Dudley Redhead

Goggles Pisano

Region: NW
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Goggles Pisano   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. Can't wait!

--------------------
Ericjonesmotorsports.com
"If it can't kill ya, it ain't a sport."

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Turns out I'm in. Did a motor/tranny/radiator transplant on Tuesday, tested today at Pacific Raceways, and I'm pretty satisfied that the demons have been exorcised with the motor.

Regional, and cannon-fodder/points producer for the fast guys in the national.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think I'm in after all. Steve has a loaner head I can use for the weekend. [Smile]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Mike Colangelo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Colangelo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark, the rumor mill has it that you were putting down some fast laps at Pacific today. Nice job!

Veteran Member

"Fast" is all relative (for instance, Ken wouldn't be worried for the Memorial Day Double from my times today), but it was fun and a huge relief. But times vary so much with conditions, that I was more relieved by the speeds, and the speed curves, than by the lap times.

Quite a rumor mill!

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Car #: 68
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in it to win it!

Really bummed I didn't have the camera on for the sprint race in April, or you guys would have seen the best race ever, with Ken, Gary and I trading the lead 1-2 times per lap. I will make sure the camera's on this time [Smile]

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Question is, who is going to give the front runners a run for their money???

Robert and Matt are on the march...
Thomas and Thomas have the stuff and are gaining quickly.
Mark and Terrell have new found confidence

and then there's Jason. Where's Sean?

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

terrell garrett
sanitation engineer

New found confidence doesn't put me in a position to challenge the front. It may if I am lucky get me to challenging position to mid-pack.

Unfortunately family obigations (Mother's Day)may preclude my attendance this weekend. We will see.

--------------------
terrell garrett

Veteran Member

Is there a Spec Miata paddock this weekend?

Gold Member

We're trying. If it doesn't happen this weekend, sorry, I have too busy of a week and it will be a miracle if I even make it there by practice. If the yellow construction tape is there, you'll know where to park, otherwise, we're trying for the same location.

Seeya there.

-Bruce

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

jatterbu Verified Driver

SMIM: AIM: advanwrx86
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jatterbu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've got all my gear along with me if anyone needs a driver!

--------------------
Joey
Car #69
White and Red
http://www.joeyatterbury.com

Randy Thieme

BBQ Saturday!!! Bruce says roughly 1 o'clock.

Veteran Member

Well, that was quite a weekend!

My 11 months of wandering in the racing desert are over; my car works great.

Even my driving was fine.

But my racing is showing the rust, as I botched both races early.

But I still had great fun. Nothing like a sick car for almost a year to show you what's important in this game, and I had fun racing for the first time since last June.

Even having the transmission in my truck burn up before I got home yesterday can't significantly dampen my good feelings from the weekend.

W. Bonsell

Region: NWR/Oregon
Car #: #26
Icon 1 posted  Profile for W. Bonsell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark ---

Obviously, I was not there, but very glad to hear all went well. Glad the gremlins appear to be a thing of the past! Look forward to seeing you Memorial Day weekend.

Bill

--------------------
William Bonsell
SCCA/ICSCC #26
SM/ITA

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: